Heritage round what jersey?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:35pm, Friday 8 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Live
Easy Tiger.

Heritage round what jersey?

Post by Easy Tiger. » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi are we wearing our balmain or wests jersey or just our normal ones thanks? the only reason im asking is because i havent seen us release a heritage jersey for 2011?
NO 1 QLD TIGERS SUPPORTER.....

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 7:51 pm

I haven't heard but I'm guessing it will be our main jersey since it is dominated by black and orange and the rivalry that is pushed between us and souths is that of Balmain vs souths from the past. Souths can't get over being beaten by Balmain in the 1969 Grand Final (a sweet victory). Meanwhile our blokes need to step up this Friday night so there is no repeat of the result in the corresponding round last year (that was painful).

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 8:38 pm

100% right cunno will be Balmain jersey and the Saints game will be the Wests version

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 8:57 pm

happy tiger wrote:100% right cunno will be Balmain jersey and the Saints game will be the Wests version
Dunno about that
They havent released a heritage jersey in merchandise, I recall bumphrey stating some BS about them wanting to get away from the Balmain/Wests thing too when talking about our jumpers earlier.
If we were going to wear a new jumper why wouldnt they cash in on it through the fans/merchandise?
Last edited by innsaneink on Tue 05 Apr, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 9:04 pm

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:100% right cunno will be Balmain jersey and the Saints game will be the Wests version
Dunno about that
They havent released a heritage jersey in merchandise, I recall bumphrey stating some BS about them wanting to get away from the Balmain/Wests thing too when talking about our jumpers earlier.
I we were going tyo waer a new jumper why wouldnt they cash in on it through the mugs?
Sorry Ink meant yellow jersey for souths White Jersey for Saints game Yeah heard the same thing no heritage jerseys as well

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 9:57 pm

b&w stripes hopefully
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 10:26 pm

Demps wrote:b&w stripes hopefully
now that's the best post you have ever made....well done
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Montague Street

Post by Montague Street » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 10:33 pm

Seriously, who cares what outfit the team wears as long as the team are comfortable? The fans can wear anything they want and the opposition will know who we are
Rugby League: The Game They Play in Hell

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 10:58 pm

Montague Street wrote:Seriously, who cares what outfit the team wears as long as the team are comfortable? The fans can wear anything they want and the opposition will know who we are
Have read a study done in US about teams wearing darker Jerseys are more heavily penalized than teams wearing lighter jerseys .If these facts were true most clubs would wear lighter coloured jerseys if they read this study . Figures were I think about 80% of times darker jerseys more heavily penalized , so it may make a difference ???

nyx

Post by nyx » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 2:19 pm

NRL site says they're wearing the black and gold stripes jersey.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/H ... fault.aspx

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 2:23 pm

1/2 Balmain and 1/2 White Magpies with the V's matching... Surely they can just sew something together for this game???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 2:35 pm

Why don't we run out in hot pink and fluro blue. That oughta shut everyone up...
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 3:34 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Why don't we run out in hot pink and fluro blue. That oughta shut everyone up...
mmmmmmmmm CB sounds beautiful Will they have matching socks shoes and head bands sweetie as well

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 3:42 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:Why don't we run out in hot pink and fluro blue. That oughta shut everyone up...
mmmmmmmmm CB sounds beautiful Will they have matching socks shoes and head bands sweetie as well
I don't care if it matches or is a fashion disaster. I'm sick to death of hearing about what heritage strips should be worn where, actually, I'm sick of hearing about our playing strips in general. Someone is always complaining that their side of the merger is being dudded and there's not enough white/gold/black in the current/past strips.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 3:45 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
I don't care if it matches or is a fashion disaster. I'm sick to death of hearing about what heritage strips should be worn where, actually, I'm sick of hearing about our playing strips in general. Someone is always complaining that their side of the merger is being dudded and there's not enough white/gold/black in the current/past strips.
CB that was to suppose to be a joke mate Sorry you took offence

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 7:38 pm

They will be wearing the Balmain jersey for this round and the Magpies jersey for Round 22

Like 2010, there may be two additional games outside these two rounds where they may wear them again at one leichhardt game and one campbelltown game)

Although Wests Tigers are growing and moving forward, i am so glad that we have 50/50 joint venture and that both the rich histories and traditions of both 1908 clubs is remembered

WTFL - WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE
WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 11:11 pm

dtowells wrote:They will be wearing the Balmain jersey for this round and the Magpies jersey for Round 22

Like 2010, there may be two additional games outside these two rounds where they may wear them again at one leichhardt game and one campbelltown game)

Although Wests Tigers are growing and moving forward, i am so glad that we have 50/50 joint venture and that both the rich histories and traditions of both 1908 clubs is remembered

WTFL - WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE
Agreed! Perfect balance really.

you know who

Post by you know who » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 4:35 pm

Looks like they are going to wear the Bumble Bee jersey, if there is anything to go by with the pictures of Farah and Galloway in the telegraph.