I love Utai

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:35pm, Friday 8 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Live
mikey

I love Utai

Post by mikey » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 8:48 pm

This guy has proven to be a great buy. I was one of the doubting Thomases but WOW he is doing well. His chase on the kick from Marshall was fantastic.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:23 pm

i love utai too lol.Beau know's state cup.
Number 1 souffs hater

farahfan

Post by farahfan » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:29 pm

utais been solid since game 1 love his work

mitch brown also was safe as houses

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:33 pm

How was Matty taking the tap, and running headlong into blokes three times his size?

Extremely good effort from him tonight.

tough as nuts!

X-Pac

Post by X-Pac » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:37 pm

utai was great but damn mitch brown was incredible,some of those takes were :O

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:41 pm

both played well utai and brown.

forget beau knows state cup, i think beau knows dj yallah skits.

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:43 pm

Really thought tempers were going to boil over and Matty Utai was going to sock Inglis in the face.
Haha, didn't happen though.
He had a great game.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:45 pm

I haven't seen a guy in a Tigers jersey take bombs like that since ... Hodgson sometimes?? Brown was out of this world. McKinnon was awesome too.

Ayshford though. My God, bloke is just unbelievable. Makes 15 metres with every run. Put him in the back row now and get one of these awesome outside backs we have playing fringe NRL full time. Ayshford can have Fulton's spot if it means Daniela being in the team full time.

Lawrence and Tuqiri being walk up starts on one side, I'm thinkin Utai as our interchange back/RAMROD and Ayshford to the back row giving Brown/Daniela the other side. Bye bye Beau Ryan.

Golden

Post by Golden » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:46 pm

Inglis did use him as a speed hump a few times, but hey I wanted this guy out of the team at the start of the year, and right now Im pleased with how hes going, he has errors in him and his defence isnt that great, but hes runs make up for it

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:48 pm

MacDougall wrote:I haven't seen a guy in a Tigers jersey take bombs like that since ... Hodgson sometimes?? Brown was out of this world. McKinnon was awesome too.

Ayshford though. My God, bloke is just unbelievable. Makes 15 metres with every run. Put him in the back row now and get one of these awesome outside backs we have playing fringe NRL full time. Ayshford can have Fulton's spot if it means Daniela being in the team full time.

Lawrence and Tuqiri being walk up starts on one side, I'm thinkin Utai as our interchange back/RAMROD and Ayshford to the back row giving Brown/Daniela the other side. Bye bye Beau Ryan.
Love the idea but can't see it happening.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:51 pm

He has been brilliant.

underdog

Post by underdog » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:51 pm

What I like the most about Utai is he doesn't seem like the hot head he once was.

Inglis SMASHED him a few times, raked at the ball and got a dodgy strip call for the rabbits, and there was some great tackles made by Utai back on Inglis which Inglis took offence to, and he never blew up. Just got up and went again.

Testament to the maturity he's showing in this young team.

Incidently how much of a Grub was Inglis tonight in tackles?? Lovely one on one tackle by Daniella on Inglis, and he copped a pretty brutal stud-set to the face for it.

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:55 pm

underdog wrote:What I like the most about Utai is he doesn't seem like the hot head he once was.

Inglis SMASHED him a few times, raked at the ball and got a dodgy strip call for the rabbits, and there was some great tackles made by Utai back on Inglis which Inglis took offence to, and he never blew up. Just got up and went again.

Testament to the maturity he's showing in this young team.

Incidently how much of a Grub was Inglis tonight in tackles?? Lovely one on one tackle by Daniella on Inglis, and he copped a pretty brutal stud-set to the face for it.
yeah, said in another thread I saw Inglis and his dirty tactics.
kicked Utai in the face also, low act.
gotta agree with the lovely 1 on 1 tackle though, Daniela was great in defense tonight.
#Unbeatable

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:58 pm

when utai played fro the bulldogs he was a unit.He was the guy we hoped would drop the ball or give a penalty away.But for some reason ,he dropped away.

Glad he's back.And for us.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 9:59 pm

Utai has been our most aggressive player this year.. Great to see our winger motivating the team with some oomph!.. Also agree with the post above, he really does have a level head on his shoulders, great to see his performance on the field is doing all the talking.

Speedy recovery to Lote so we can muscle up on the other wing.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 10:03 pm

Golden wrote:Inglis did use him as a speed hump a few times, but hey I wanted this guy out of the team at the start of the year, and right now Im pleased with how hes going, he has errors in him and his defence isnt that great, but hes runs make up for it
Inglis did but then Utai used himself as a human cannon ball and kept pounding into him. In the end Inglis was ineffective and had sore ribs to boot.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 10:04 pm

MacDougall wrote:I haven't seen a guy in a Tigers jersey take bombs like that since ... Hodgson sometimes?? Brown was out of this world. McKinnon was awesome too.

Agree with everything except your call for Utai as an interchange. He has been consistently one of our best all year.

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Fri 08 Apr, 2011 10:22 pm

Like most of the forum members I couldn't understand the signing of Matt Utai and like a heap of other members since I have been proven wrong, old Rabbs on the TV commentary got it right when Mitch Brown scored, it was the lead up from Utai with the great chase that set it up.
Said it before, when all the injured players are back it's going to be great competition for a starting spot.