JACOB MILLER

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:35pm, Friday 8 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Live
Tigerdave

Re: JACOB MILLER

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 1:41 pm

He was nice and composed, very good prospect.

It's nice having all these halves.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 1:46 pm

One added benefit of the kid is that he is a fantastic goal kicker. I was surprised he wasn't used to take the score to 26-6 when we got a penalty close but to the side.
Could he be a centre????

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 2:23 pm

I am impressed with Jacob Miller. He is confident, shows no fear, and gets the job done, an exciting prospect, I hope he gets plenty of game time. Go Jacob :D

kill'em'all tigers

Post by kill'em'all tigers » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 3:44 pm

he certainly ain't scared of getting in the thick of it.

last week he was on for a minute & we were given a penalty. jacob had the ball in his hands and i think the only thing that stopped him kicking for touch was benji saying 'hang on buddy, that's my job'.

there was a pass last night on the 5th that found the ground. im not sure who it was for as there were about 3 players standing together & jacob just ran on to it out of no where, pick it up off the bounce & punted it away.

he is very switched on as was shown with the sandow tackle, pick up & pass.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 4:06 pm

He has done well with his opportunity. His confident, almost arrogant you suspect.

BornBlack&Gold

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 6:07 pm

alexaki wrote:...you realise how good Lui is when he's not playing.
You reckon? we scored 30 points, i think thats more than we usually score with Lui in the team. Lui is a great talent , but he isn't near as good as some of the praise he recieves here, he is becoming the michael ennis of the tigers.

Lui, Miller and Moltzen are all very talented young halves, but i dont think any of them have shown enough to be THE choice at halfback yet. Personally, i think IF Miller can show he can do everything Lui and Moltzen can do, AND kick goals at a high percentage, then he has it over the other 2 long term.

Danos

Post by Danos » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 6:53 pm

tiger05 wrote:I'm not sold on him yet - it was 15 minutes in the top grade.
Agreed. Looked good, albeit in 15 minute spurts when the game was well beyond doubt, forwards were tired, no pressure, etc. Whether he is up to the rigors of 80 minute football week in week out is another story. Has plenty of ability, no question, but I'm not getting to carried away with him.

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 6:55 pm

does any1 no how long hes signed for im sure theres gunna be a few clubs sniffing around

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 7:21 pm

I thought he looked terrific this week and must be a good chance of starting against the Titans.

Lui will be very hard to dislodge and at this stage is easily our best half back. However Born Black and Gold makes a very good point regarding Millers's goal kicking.

Danos

Post by Danos » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 7:27 pm

If any of you believe Sheens will take the goalkicking duties off Benji, or that Marshall will relinquish them himself, you're dreaming.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 8:19 pm

kill'em'all tigers wrote:he certainly ain't scared of getting in the thick of it.

last week he was on for a minute & we were given a penalty. jacob had the ball in his hands and i think the only thing that stopped him kicking for touch was benji saying 'hang on buddy, that's my job'.

there was a pass last night on the 5th that found the ground. im not sure who it was for as there were about 3 players standing together & jacob just ran on to it out of no where, pick it up off the bounce & punted it away.

he is very switched on as was shown with the sandow tackle, pick up & pass.
Agreed... Look out Wests Tiger Fans!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 9:06 pm

It is going to be interesting to see how Sheens manages the development of Miller. He is clearly a talented footballer. Full marks to Miller, he was given limited time against Souths and made the most of it. The key for Sheens will be to manage Miller's expectations IMO he won't be satisfied playing in U20's for too long yet he is behind Lui and Moltzen for the halfback spot. He has time on his side however how patient is he.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 8:43 am

Encouraging, but we were up 30-6 and the Souths forward pack was finished. If I was a young halfback getting my first taste of first grade, you could not ask for a better situation.

Sheens will continue to drip feed him first grade opportunities, but with Lui and Moltzen around, he may have to spend more time in the 20's. Nothing wrong with that outcome as he needs more size. Great prospect in another year or two.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 9:53 am

cunno wrote:It is going to be interesting to see how Sheens manages the development of Miller. He is clearly a talented footballer. Full marks to Miller, he was given limited time against Souths and made the most of it. The key for Sheens will be to manage Miller's expectations IMO he won't be satisfied playing in U20's for too long yet he is behind Lui and Moltzen for the halfback spot. He has time on his side however how patient is he.

Well said....If he keeps producing the goods,he will get his chances.Remember he is only 18 and has still a lot to learn.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 10:15 am

Needs more size? He is already big for a halfback. He's bigger than Moltzen/Thurston/Mullen/Sandow and many other halfbacks I can't be bothered naming. He bumped off Burgess with no worries, if he lacked size even a glancing blow like that would have buried him.

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 10:43 am

Great player... also loving it in the last 15mins each week how Sheens takes a forward off to bring him in. With all these injuries for most of the clubs atm we'll kill it
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 12:42 pm

Excellent start to his career. He really took to it like a duck to water. Nothing seemed to faze him.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...