Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Live
Snake

Re: Moltzen haters

Post by Snake » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 4:54 pm

Did Moltzen play the first half ?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 4:59 pm

Snake wrote:Did Moltzen play the first half ?
Play? = debatable.
He was out there.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 5:07 pm

I don't hate Moltzen he is a good player. Live at the game it appeared that he didn't do too much apart from a great pass to set up a try.

For mine he is needed in our squad, I am just not sure what position (probably when all are available he will be our bench utiltiy).

I make no apologies for thinking Robert Lui is a far better halfback than Moltzen, I think that Sheens is of the same opinion. Lui as soon as he is fit will be straight back into the #7.

Luke

Post by Luke » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 5:11 pm

I think people are forgetting he just came back from a season ending injury... He isn't going to set the world on fire after four games especially when he barely played two. Give the guy a few more games to find his feet and you will see his confidence slowly improve. Personally I think he is a great halfback... being 9/9 when named at half is all you gotta look at - he has the speed, agility, reads the game well and has a good short kicking game.

Watch out for Moltzen in the coming weeks people!

glebe_tiger

Post by glebe_tiger » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 6:13 pm

Luke wrote:I think people are forgetting he just came back from a season ending injury... He isn't going to set the world on fire after four games especially when he barely played two. Give the guy a few more games to find his feet and you will see his confidence slowly improve. Personally I think he is a great halfback... being 9/9 when named at half is all you gotta look at - he has the speed, agility, reads the game well and has a good short kicking game.

Watch out for Moltzen in the coming weeks people!
well said. im starting to wonder if people on these forums have any actual idea about serious injuries and what is involved on the journey back. too many one-eyed supporters me thinks that know very little about the game.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 6:22 pm

bonstonker wrote:
Kul wrote:He copped a lot of flack last week from a crowd on here.
Just wondering what their thoughts are after last night's good performance?
:lol: haters :roll:

great to see him take advantage of a retreating defensive line with an overlap.

what else was there.
Well he was generally the first bloke down there chasing kicks.... :roll:
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 6:32 pm

For the ones saying he's not a half can't you see Sheens is obviously not playing him as one, the kid has come back from a serious injury and Sheens would love to ease him back into it so he's not going to give him the reins just because of our injury toll. He's defiantly not playing half back despite the no 7 on his back.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 6:51 pm

tig_prmz wrote: Too quiet IMO. Didn't look very energetic TBH and just wanted to give it to the nearest runner instead of doing something more. Average game from him, knowing he can do a lot more.
Yeah that's what I said in the live game thread, he was too quiet, barely noticed him, especially in the first half.

In saying that, while Lui is out, I think he needs to stay there and hopefully things will keep improving for him as he gets back into the rhythm of things .

willow

Post by willow » Sat 09 Apr, 2011 8:26 pm

He still has a long way to go, Sheens said as much in the post match press conference, said he didn't really notice Moltzen out there and he certainly isn't playing a halfbacks game. I won't be surprised if Miller gets a shot at halfback next week and Moltzen shifts to the centres - it's where he has been positioned a lot lately.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 7:31 pm

I think you should restructure that comment Kul. Nobody ever wanted him out of team, instead commented on the fact that he wasn't at his best against the Roosters and that he wasn't at full fitness. However, after Friday's performance, you could argue that he showed signs that he is rapidly regaining that form that made him so highly sought after.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 7:35 pm

Don't hate Moltzen just keep saying if everyone was fit he would still be on the bench . Not because he is not a good player as he is still 2-3 weeks away from being fully ready . And he will probably be the first too admit the same as well

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 8:13 pm

Moltzen haters :lol: :lol: :lol: The guy has done nothing... If you think he has played well, your living in the past... He doesn't deserve the respect some have given Farah or Marshall.

He was struggling for form in the first 5 weeks in 2010 & he is struggling for form now. Luckily, he has a good reason... Most on here think he is better or more advanced than he is. He is a very talented player, who has shown us 2 years ago how good and dangerous he can be... Like all young kids, some come busting on the scene, and some take there time to adjust.

Moltzen will progress into a quality NRL footballer, it might just take longer than some want. As to whether he should be 7, 4, 1 or 209, he will have to work his way back into NRL football before his true value or position will be known. At the moment, he isnt a liability out there, so give the kid time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Moltzen haters (don't u mean people who don't agree with u?)
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 8:53 pm

Moltz is a gun & now he is getting his timing back.
Bull

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 9:15 pm

Nobody on this site hates a Tiger...harsh thread topic header.
I believe that Moltzen and Marshall have a good understanding of each other and given time this will become obvious.
Gotta love the 2Ms

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 10:08 pm

Im really surprised at you Kul.....you really seem to be encouraging this division amongst fans and their opinions with one player over others in the TEAM
Your limited knowledge on the game, our team and its structure is a factor, yes you do try and I know he's good looking and all to some...but really this is nothing more than blatant trolling.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 7:27 am

Allan Towle wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
smeghead wrote:Played a good 5/8ths game.

Marshall ran the show. I don't feel he can do this consistantly for an entire season and Lui is the better option
He played 5/8?
I wasnt sure what he was doing or sposed to be doing, looked to be parked in the centres, Miller in his 20 mins did twice more what Moltz did in his time on the park
Still not confident, early in the first half he got the ball with room to move, didnt want it, passed straight away
Definitely played a back-seat role to Benji. He was a link-man in attack. Supported a couple of breaks. Seemed to lead the kick-chase a lot of the night and saw him talking a lot in defence.
Wade Mac Jnr?
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 7:32 am

And in regard to the "haters" reference, come on Kul, no one truly hates Moltzen. I would like to think most of us hold him in very high regard as a talented player, though he hasn't set the world on fire in his time back, which many of us also expected due to such a severe injury last year.

The Moltzen of old will be back, it will take time though. And while it takes time, I'm not so sure that he should be playing in the halves. Should swap jerseys with Miller next week.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 11 Apr, 2011 8:15 am

Has come back from a serious injury & is improving with every game, give the kid a go.