Warm up

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:35pm, Friday 8 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9 Live
jas83

Warm up

Post by jas83 » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 1:27 pm

Did anyone else find it strange how early we finished our on field warm up?

We finished much earlier then Souths and it was more a quick warm up and no ball skills,aside from some kicking and practice catching bombs.

We usually stay out much closer to kick off, like Souths did.

Maybe they thought warming up in the dressing room for most of the warm up was a better build up?

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 1:32 pm

jas83 wrote:Did anyone else find it strange how early we finished our on field warm up?

We finished much earlier then Souths and it was more a quick warm up and no ball skills,aside from some kicking and practice catching bombs.

We usually stay out much closer to kick off, like Souths did.

Maybe they thought warming up in the dressing room for most of the warm up was a better build up?
Was at the game and noticed it as well. Whatever they did in the sheds sure worked, maybe they will stick with the same routine. It is funny sometimes I notice the harder/sharper they appear to be to me in the warm up the worse they play.

TigerDave81

Post by TigerDave81 » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 3:01 pm

I noticed it and praised the lord. The week before it was 30 degrees and we warmed up for a good 20 minutes!! Came our warned out and got hammered!! I really think we need to keep it to 10 minutes max, especially in day games.

Gotoddy

Post by Gotoddy » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 5:34 pm

I was disappointed because I was on the field with my daughter as part of a behind the scenes tour. They were hardly out there and then they were gone. But if thats what it takes for us to win, maybe thats the way to go.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 5:41 pm

Sometimes overdoing warm ups can do more harm than good . Remember watching Tigers warm up for Broncos game in Brisbane last year and to be nice they were shocking . And the performance afterwards wasn't much better . Its like when I warm up for putting for golf If i sink the 1st one thats it won't hit another putt its all confidence.

towntiger

Post by towntiger » Sun 10 Apr, 2011 6:46 pm

Maybe it was the band playing and it was harder to hear than usual. The SFS have big warm-up rooms i think, they probably did some more warm-up in there.

On the first point, i really enjoyed the entertainment on Friday night. The Choirboys were fantatstic (took me back to my earlier years - when i was doing some of my best work in the pubs around the inner west!!!!!) and i just love Simply the Best at Footy games, just gets the hairs on the back of your neck standing.

Side by side walk-out and National Anthem with kids and ex-players was a nice touch too - i think they did the same at last years SCG game. Imagine the thrill the kids would have had out there.