Penalties

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
hadds75

Penalties

Post by hadds75 » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 9:33 pm

These guys are more important than any player in the NRL. After the 10th minute we only got 3-4 penalties all night, and on all those occasions we pretty much dropped it straight after or went for that stupid penalty. And in reverse we gave them 10 or so and for that reason we didnt get one tackle in there 30m for the last 65 minutes.

On a sidenote the whole play the ball area is completely a joke. Im not saying thats why we lost as it works both ways but anytime a ball gets dropped its a complete lottery to who gets the penalty. If someone analyzed every play the ball penalty, at least 50% would be wrong. Its honestly guess work

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 9:45 pm

Did not realize that we were watching super rugby Penalties are a joke . They are worrying about slowing the game down in play the ball area , but what happens every time they blow a penalty . harrigan and raper have got this all wrong . Not blaming that for the lose we were undisciplined at times and if no one could see we were going to bombed all night well I don't know .

Kul

Post by Kul » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 9:46 pm

Please post in the CORRECT forum!
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 9:49 pm

EVerytime a ball is dropped every play around the ball stands there with his arm out just looking for the ref hoping he blows it towards them.

Some of the penalties like the bird knock on and the one where he placed it on Farahs foot were average. in saying that im sure we got some and its been happening for years but its a massive joke which needs to be corrected somehow.

And penalties are so important. They change the game. Not many teams can score tries from there own half (even us we really dont anymore), so if you dont get a piggyback penalty or mistake from the opposition you wont score points (see us tonight).

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 9:51 pm

hadds75 wrote:EVerytime a ball is dropped every play around the ball stands there with his arm out just looking for the ref hoping he blows it towards them.

Some of the penalties like the bird knock on and the one where he placed it on Farahs foot were average. in saying that im sure we got some and its been happening for years but its a massive joke which needs to be corrected somehow.

And penalties are so important. They change the game. Not many teams can score tries from there own half (even us we really dont anymore), so if you dont get a piggyback penalty or mistake from the opposition you wont score points (see us tonight).
Bird needs to get cited for overacting Like don't the refs watch every game and see he does the same thing every week 3 Times tonight he has loose ball carries and gets penalties .

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 9:52 pm

Biggest problem I had with the reffs tonight was that the Titans players stretched out and laid in the play the ball area yet were never penalised for it. Our players had to step to the side to play the ball and it killed us

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:43 pm

The refs must be kidding, must be feeling sorry for the Titans. Laying down in the play the ball area, falling for Bird's theatrics and I'm sure Marshall was impeded from making a tackle, we got hammered after the first 20, Titans got an easy run. Why was Dwyer called back, the Titan's forward wasn't held? he would have scored the match winner

Though I'd admit we could have been penalised for the late hits on Prince.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:30 am

Absolute joke. Gallop is kidding himself talking about the great product the game is. I have been passionate league for more than 40 years but I am quickly losing interest with the constant rubbish we are seeing in the play the ball and stripping generally.

Oh and by the way, no one goes to games to see tries scored off bombs so fix that too.

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:07 am

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Absolute joke. Gallop is kidding himself talking about the great product the game is. I have been passionate league for more than 40 years but I am quickly losing interest with the constant rubbish we are seeing in the play the ball and stripping generally.

Oh and by the way, no one goes to games to see tries scored off bombs so fix that too.
The think I hate most about our game is tries off bombs, some teams do nothing else in attack. I would limit the points to 2 for any try scored as a result of a bomb and not let them have a shot at goal either. It is a boring part of our game and should be discouraged.

Worst call last night in both games of very poor refereeing was not letting Dwyer continue when he picked up that loose ball. Probably cost us the game but so did our players who played a very dumb game of football.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:18 am

We got 10 penalties, they got 8

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:34 am

smeghead wrote:Biggest problem I had with the reffs tonight was that the Titans players stretched out and laid in the play the ball area yet were never penalised for it. Our players had to step to the side to play the ball and it killed us

yeah,i was frustrated by that all game.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:23 pm

part of the problem was the early penalty count to us. the refs then let go the titans laying all over us and being grubby in the tackle for fear of a lopsided count. ridiculous really...

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 11:44 am

All those titans laying around after the tackle was getting ridiculous. They were constantly slowing down our play the ball and the refs just let them get away with it...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 12:08 pm

sunshine coast tiger wrote:
PYMBLEPETE wrote:Absolute joke. Gallop is kidding himself talking about the great product the game is. I have been passionate league for more than 40 years but I am quickly losing interest with the constant rubbish we are seeing in the play the ball and stripping generally.

The think I hate most about our game is tries off bombs, some teams do nothing else in attack. I would limit the points to 2 for any try scored as a result of a bomb and not let them have a shot at goal either. It is a boring part of our game and should be discouraged.

Worst call last night in both games of very poor refereeing was not letting Dwyer continue when he picked up that loose ball. Probably cost us the game but so did our players who played a very dumb game of football.
Teams should counter this by being able to diffuse the threat. You shouldn't be penalised for scoring tries in any fashion. It's up to the opposition to nullify the threat. If you can minimise the threat, the opposition won't do it.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 12:16 pm

smeghead wrote:Biggest problem I had with the reffs tonight was that the Titans players stretched out and laid in the play the ball area yet were never penalised for it. Our players had to step to the side to play the ball and it killed us
This was a big problem during the game and it really nullified our attack. I also have noticed this in other games during the weekend.
I reckon its a ploy to get the man playing the ball to step to the side and incur a penalty.
Its obvious to you and me and 99% of the fans but the refs are a bit slow between the ears.
I mean you'd have to be to even want to be a ref.

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 2:46 pm

I agree, the game at the moment is becoming relatively boring, and in some ways becoming more like rugby union in some ways. Who the hell wants to watch the game where all they do is score of bombs all day, we are one of the best attacking teams in the comp and they want to spoil it. I also agree dwyer shouldnt have been called back either, he would have won us the game as well.