Moltzen at Fullback

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
stryker

Re: Moltzen at Fullback

Post by stryker » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:11 am

The problem is that the two most influential people in the team (Sheens and Marshall) keep saying that he is or will be a great full back. He has never shown the attributes for the position in the MANY attempts he has had.

He is a ball runner with great hands. He is not a 'put you body on the line and get smashed' bomb diffuser.

As all of the top sides have great kickers, it is sheer madness to have him there. Macca and Brown have the right stuff for this position.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:15 am

Hopefully we never see him there again, I'd rather have Fitzhenry at fullback.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:17 am

dave_farrell wrote:happy tiger u r so right, moltzen must be dropped no confidence at all, worst game ever!!
x2 and I'm a fan!
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:19 am

underdog wrote:At least we now know why they signed, then re-signed Wade Mac.
yeah but what value do we get ,, when your 30 and you have crook hammys your a week to week proposition...we needed him in the semis and where was he .. out for the third or fourth time with a crook hammy in the past 12 months .....

Adman

Post by Adman » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:21 am

Muffstar wrote:Well I guess the talk of Moltzen being a SOO player will stop.
I honestly hope so. :deadhorse:

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:29 am

stryker wrote:The problem is that the two most influential people in the team (Sheens and Marshall) keep saying that he is or will be a great full back. He has never shown the attributes for the position in the MANY attempts he has had.

He is a ball runner with great hands. He is not a 'put you body on the line and get smashed' bomb diffuser.

As all of the top sides have great kickers, it is sheer madness to have him there. Macca and Brown have the right stuff for this position.
They, players and staff that deal with media daily, end up like politicians and begin to treat the public like mugs.
They think were fools and will believe any garbarge they sprout, they live by the idiom....''tell em what they want to hear"

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:30 am

Moltzen is a utility player and nothing better. He is the third choice at halfback, last choice at fullback and probably 5th or 6th choice at centre. People say he is talented, please tell me why?

I have never said this but I seriously thing people overrate Moltzen on this forum. I seriously hope I am wrong, because so many people like this kid.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:34 am

Sheens the coach is a disgrace.

Shocking .

Inept .

Stupid .

Dumb.

Imbecile.

Moltzen is not a fullback you dumby.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:35 am

tig_prmz wrote:Moltzen is a utility player and nothing better. He is the third choice at halfback, last choice at fullback and probably 5th or 6th choice at centre. People say he is talented, please tell me why?

I have never said this but I seriously thing people overrate Moltzen on this forum. I seriously hope I am wrong, because so many people like this kid.
When you say last choice fullback I hope you include the cheerleaders ,ball boys, pie and hot dog vendors and score board attendants

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:36 am

Balmain Bug wrote:Sheens the coach is a disgrace.

Shocking .

Inept .

Stupid .

Dumb.

Imbecile.

Cant believe I'm saying this but....

I agree with you Bug.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:36 am

I posted this last week on another forum - tonight showed exactly why Moltzen should never, ever play fullback:

This Moltzen love fest is really starting to bug me. He is going to end up a very good player, but the way some people go on about him it is like he is Peter Sterling and Andrew Johns rolled into one.

He isn't a fullbacks backside. He can't tackle, he is scared of contact and his defensive positioning at the back is absolutely hopeless. Sometimes I wonder what people watch - Moltzen was largely TERRIBLE at fullback when he played there, and his kick returns were embarrassing.

Anyone who thinks he is a better fullback than McKinnon is on drugs. McKinnon may not have much pace these days but he is a natural fullback and IMO he has played VERY well this season and has copped much unnecessary criticism. He is a great support player who is always sniffing around the ruck for offloads, which Moltzen does not. He made over 200 metres against the Roosters and was our best player that day and still straight after that game there were people calling for an underdone Moltzen to play fullback, unbelievable.

And if McKinnon was to ever get dropped or injured, then Mitch Brown should be fullback, not Moltzen.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:38 am

Balmain Bug wrote:Sheens the coach is a disgrace.

Shocking .

Inept .

Stupid .

Dumb.

Imbecile.

:lol: where have you been?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:38 am

#1 groupie is very quiet.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:41 am

Hybrid

I was hoping, perhaps foolishly, that Wade being around might have ironed out Moltz kinks at fullback.

BTW what happened to you re Moltz. Last year you were a bit of a Moltz lover altough never wanted him at fullback. We had plenty of stoushes over my preference for Lui at 7.

Posted using RoarFEED

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:45 am

I thought Moltzen was our best option at halfback last season before his injury. Since then Lui has stepped up big time and IMO Moltzen is now no chance of displacing him. To be honest I'm not sure where he is going to play, definitely not fullback and not halfback either.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 6:45 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:I posted this last week on another forum - tonight showed exactly why Moltzen should never, ever play fullback:

This Moltzen love fest is really starting to bug me. He is going to end up a very good player, but the way some people go on about him it is like he is Peter Sterling and Andrew Johns rolled into one.

He isn't a fullbacks backside. He can't tackle, he is scared of contact and his defensive positioning at the back is absolutely hopeless. Sometimes I wonder what people watch - Moltzen was largely TERRIBLE at fullback when he played there, and his kick returns were embarrassing.

Anyone who thinks he is a better fullback than McKinnon is on drugs. McKinnon may not have much pace these days but he is a natural fullback and IMO he has played VERY well this season and has copped much unnecessary criticism. He is a great support player who is always sniffing around the ruck for offloads, which Moltzen does not. He made over 200 metres against the Roosters and was our best player that day and still straight after that game there were people calling for an underdone Moltzen to play fullback, unbelievable.

And if McKinnon was to ever get dropped or injured, then Mitch Brown should be fullback, not Moltzen.

spot on, but it's apparently better off to keep mucking around with the halves than find someone else to fill in for Wade, someone who can catch bombs...like Brown last week....

The poor selections just kill us when we get some injuries.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:10 am

Moltzen very timid at fullback..he should be on the wing....offers very little elsewhere ATM

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:14 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:I posted this last week on another forum - tonight showed exactly why Moltzen should never, ever play fullback:

Amen!