ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
Jazza

Greg Bird and the refs

Post by Jazza » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:35 pm

Dead set he had them conned all game.
I'm not one to criticise refs but in all honesty they were shocking.
I counted about 4 penalties the Titans got while he was in possession of the ball and every time it was for a 'strip' when really it was Bird making it look like a strip through a dropped ball from a loose carry.

:wtf
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:37 pm

He is a deadset cat!

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:39 pm

i was at the game and he spent most the game laying down like a pussy.I hate this mug
Number 1 souffs hater

VX225

Post by VX225 » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:39 pm

Yep I agree. I've never seen one player milk so many penalties in one game!

Just confirms my dislike of him.

Posted using RoarFEED

triserratops

Post by triserratops » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:39 pm

x2

I blew a head gasket......we were hard done by with the penalty count and The Birdie milked all four of those penalties but we did hit prince 3 times without punishment!?

Bird is a grub......looks like we will have a grubby NSW outfit this year with Ennis & Bird in the squad!
STAND BACK OR SOMEONE WILL
GET HURT! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:40 pm

He is a smart player...if our guys tried harder to put him on the ground straight away, this play from him would be nullified.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:41 pm

greg bird is a winner ,,, he is drinking a winning beer tonight .....17 tigers players and their coach are losers ....if birds in our team tonight we win ,,,,, how many times did he put his head down and ruck the ball up .... our answer is an 80 kilo forward ......

Digeze

Post by Digeze » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:42 pm

Was driving me nuts all the calls he was getting. The refs were lapping it up. You would hope that things like that get picked up in review and the refs go into future matches knowing "Hey, Greg Bird made us look like his lady slaves out there last game, lets not be treated like fools again"

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:46 pm

Oh yeah...Greg Bird is a real winner. I'll acknowledge every other Titan as winners.......but not him.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:52 pm

He has a loose carry and gets rewarded when he losses the ball in contact. Why does that not match his reputation for dirty/thug/brutal/hard/tough play.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:56 pm

There was one tackle tonight where he outwrestled Heighno and Ellis at the same time.

Instead of putting him on his arse they were trying to wrap the ball up. With Heighno's hand all over the ball he lets go of it, gets the penalty and gets his team 6 more tackles down field.

It was smart play.

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:59 pm

[quote="triserratops"]x2

I blew a head gasket......we were hard done by with the penalty count and The Birdie milked all four of those penalties but we did hit prince 3 times without punishment!?

quote]
Princey has gone to the "greg bird school of acting" All 3 were massive dives.
But I just hope Princey doesn't go to the "Greg Bird Relationship counselling service"

I still cant work out why the refs arent a wake up to Bird with his diving and ,milking.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:14 am

LARDS wrote:
triserratops wrote:x2

Princey has gone to the "greg bird school of acting" All 3 were massive dives.
But I just hope Princey doesn't go to the "Greg Bird Relationship counselling service"

I still cant work out why the refs arent a wake up to Bird with his diving and ,milking.
That was another thing that really got to me, I was telling my old man about it after the first time he was lying on the ground. I said to him 'Prince does that a lot and as soon as play restarts or there is no penalty after the replay, he'll get up and be fine again' and thats what happened as I was explaining it.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:14 am

More the refs fault though If they call knock on first 2 times he does it he will stop . Doesn't help when we have Hometown Hayne .

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:24 am

This guy is a deadset joke. You can milk penalty once, twice, but doing it 10 times in a game is not smartness, its grubbiness.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 2:21 am

I'm still sticking by my comments regarding how much the titans suck.
They might have got the win tonight but they won't be up there when it matters.
We did a rabbitohs and went quiet in the second half and we could of attempted to make a field goal in the last few minutes but Todd "Sticky Fingers" Payten dropped the ball.......twice.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

barrytiger

Post by barrytiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 5:55 am

Digeze wrote:Was driving me nuts all the calls he was getting. The refs were lapping it up. You would hope that things like that get picked up in review and the refs go into future matches knowing "Hey, Greg Bird made us look like his lady slaves out there last game, lets not be treated like fools again"
he did exactly the same thing to us last year and they won the game,milking penalties,staying down after being tackled,etc he is a
GRUB

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 8:11 am

Ya play the man with the whistle... If the boys in pink are too stupid to realise what was going on, and continually allowed this behaviour as apart of the game, I cant blame them for using a extra man!!!

I always say that if the Ref is blowing harsh or stupid penalties, you must take the whistle out of his hands and not allow him to dictate the result. Unfortunately, we didnt take the initiative to keep the scoreboard ticking over, so we got beaten!!!

Those 2 Penalty Shots should not of been taken tonight...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017