Greg Bird and the refs

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
Gotoddy

Re: Greg Bird and the refs

Post by Gotoddy » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 8:32 am

Demps wrote:I'm still sticking by my comments regarding how much the titans suck.
They might have got the win tonight but they won't be up there when it matters.
We did a rabbitohs and went quiet in the second half and we could of attempted to make a field goal in the last few minutes but Todd "Sticky Fingers" Payten dropped the ball.......twice.
Just watched those last two play the balls of Todd's and the first one was a hand on the ball by opposition and 2nd one seemed to be all Toddy.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 9:02 am

tig_prmz wrote:This guy is a deadset joke. You can milk penalty once, twice, but doing it 10 times in a game is not smartness, its grubbiness.
If the refs are stupid enough to fall for it, and it benefits your team....why not do it all night?
I dont see that as being a grub.
Hes probably the best at it in the comp.

Haynes headbutt
Haynes eye gouge
Zillmans biting
...theyre all grub acts.

That said, someone got Bird late in the game last night, replays missed it but he wasnt milking anything this time, blood pouring from his mouth :lol: just hope the MRC dont find anything :cry:

LARDS

Post by LARDS » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:22 am

Gotoddy wrote:
Demps wrote:I'm still sticking by my comments regarding how much the titans suck.
They might have got the win tonight but they won't be up there when it matters.
We did a rabbitohs and went quiet in the second half and we could of attempted to make a field goal in the last few minutes but Todd "Sticky Fingers" Payten dropped the ball.......twice.
Just watched those last two play the balls of Todd's and the first one was a hand on the ball by opposition and 2nd one seemed to be all Toddy.
I thought the second one landed on ashley harrisons foot.
Still no excuse but titans got a penalty for the reverse situation in the second half

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:34 am

I made a similar comment about Bird in another thread.
If that's the best refereeing we've got then God help us - remember the ref's killing us in the finals last year?
Seriously if you are stupid enough to fall for the same trick time and time again you should be dumped - just like a player.
As much as I spewed watching him get away with it you can't blame him if the ref's keep rewarding him for cheating.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:01 am

Plain and simply, if he gets away with it, you can't blame him for trying to get away with it.

I can't wait until origin this year, I hope Bird gets selected and Third Man Thaiday comes in late on every tackle and blitzes him.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:19 pm

what's worst than bird's milkman routine is the face he pulls everytime he gets up from a tackle. looks like he is both crying and constipated...

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:57 pm

angeman wrote:what's worst than bird's milkman routine is the face he pulls everytime he gets up from a tackle. looks like he is both crying and constipated...
bird is a grub

he got a little slap on the face and hit the ground and started crying. Heigno gets put on report? but the shot on miller right on the neck didn't get put on report? lol what a joke.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 2:26 pm

Yes bird is a grub & the refs were conned but he got away with it, but bot we played dumb.

18thman

Post by 18thman » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 2:58 pm

Zillmans biting

Meaney shouldn't have put his hand in Zillmans mouth :bawling

That said, someone got Bird late in the game last night, replays missed it but he wasnt milking anything this time, blood pouring from his mouth :lol: just hope the MRC dont find anything :cry:[/quote]

No prob there...copped an accidental knee from Utai :D

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 3:36 pm

18thman wrote:Zillmans biting

Meaney shouldn't have put his hand in Zillmans mouth
:bawling

That said, someone got Bird late in the game last night, replays missed it but he wasnt milking anything this time, blood pouring from his mouth :lol: just hope the MRC dont find anything :cry:

No prob there...copped an accidental knee from Utai :D[/quote]

Did that pig Zillman bit someone again?!
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 5:58 pm

innsaneink wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:This guy is a deadset joke. You can milk penalty once, twice, but doing it 10 times in a game is not smartness, its grubbiness.
If the refs are stupid enough to fall for it, and it benefits your team....why not do it all night?
I dont see that as being a grub.
Hes probably the best at it in the comp.

Haynes headbutt
Haynes eye gouge
Zillmans biting
...theyre all grub acts.

Grub= search for something in a clumsy and unmethodical manner;

He did that :lol:

Jokes apart, I hate him coz he does it EVERY bloody time he gets the ball. Let's say he has 15 hit ups. At least 12 of those times he will search for a penalty. If a player has a hand not even on the ball but around it, he will lose it on purpose. I agree it's smart to an extent but doing it every single time is GRUBBINESS.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble