Positives

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
tiger tigers

Re: Positives

Post by tiger tigers » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:06 am

southerntiger wrote:Moh i dont disagree at all. My post is in the context of the circunstances. An 18 yr old HB playing in a side whose forwards were dominated and he didnt take a backward step. Loved it.

When our forwards did perform - on the first 15 - he looked sensational.

Posted using RoarFEED
too right ST....no halfback can be good when his forward has been owned....i thought the kid showed plenty of guts ...i bet he wouldnt have baulked if he was at the back like moltzen did .....stupid thing is ,, we all know moltzens capabilities at fullback

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:07 am

Millers attitude is great. His defence is great. But im not sold on his passing game just yet. He passes the old school way where the ball doesnt spiral. The ball seems to not travel as quick this way and its much less crisp. Goes against our stryle of attack IMO. He does it when passing both left to right and right to left. I think its something he needs to work on. Very good kid though.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:09 am

I noticed that too Sirro. I am not too fussed about that at this stage. He has a football brain, good instincts and a ton of guts.

Posted using RoarFEED

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:13 am

southerntiger wrote:Mike

What was he meant to do?

Take the hit ups for our pansy forwards.

We didnt lose tonight in the halves.

I dont mind a couple of mistakes.

The kid has incredible potential for mine.

Posted using RoarFEED
Sure he has potential and I think he's a keeper but tonight we looked totally disorganised and it was partly due to Miller playing substantial minutes at halfback. I'm sure as he gets more game time and he gets used to the team and team gets used to him things will improve. It took Lui a significant number of games to really take control, and I don’t think he is even 100% there yet. It will take Miller similar time, that’s just the reality and he is still very young.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:15 am

No we looked disorganised because our forwards got owned and whenever we haf the ball we were on the back foot. Had nothing to with Miller. Our organisers are Marshall and Farah - not Lui, moltz or miller.

Posted using RoarFEED

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:22 am

Biggest problem Miller is going to have is the same problem Lui had also . Being strong enough to override Benji and Robbie . If he is going to be regular half back he has to be a controlling half back or a feeder One or the other . I think he takes the line on too much at this stage . He needs to feed Benji and run occasionally .Even if he runs around Benji to make extra man in attack Can't see it happening as Moltzen will be half back next week because if Sheens puts Moltzen at fullback again Sheens needs lots of help .

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:24 am

king sirro wrote: He passes the old school way where the ball doesnt spiral.
I find this puzzling as well. From my playing experience, I have seen quite a few players cut from squads because they couldnt or refused to throw spiral balls, both ways, at speed.

I'm sure he can do it - he wouldnt be able to make it this far without that skill.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:25 am

Happy

Fair comment but Jacob doesnt look timid to me. He looks positively arrogant which I love.

No doubt he needs another 12 months of development before he is fully ready.

Posted using RoarFEED

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:28 am

southerntiger wrote:No we looked disorganised because our forwards got owned and whenever we haf the ball we were on the back foot. Had nothing to with Miller. Our organisers are Marshall and Farah - not Lui, moltz or miller.

Posted using RoarFEED
Yeah but Miller at times got in the way. He'll learn.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:48 am

southerntiger wrote:No we looked disorganised because our forwards got owned and whenever we haf the ball we were on the back foot. Had nothing to with Miller. Our organisers are Marshall and Farah - not Lui, moltz or miller.

Posted using RoarFEED
I disagree, in the 3 games lui has played in this year he has been the chief organizer with benj. Robbie has been the one taking a back seat. Lui has grown into the half role and now has the confidence to override Robbie and Benji. The injury to lui is affecting us the most out of our current lot. Replacing a teams 7 is not easy as we are finding out at the moment.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:55 am

Pokies

I half agree with this. Rob has been organising a lot more. But I can honestly say, and I supported Rob when few others did, that he wouldnt have made any difference tonight.

We lost two games with Rob this year and 1 game without. We had one of our best games in 12 months last week and that was without Rob. Dont get too carried away about his influence.

Posted using RoarFEED

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:57 am

Benjis goal kicking

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 1:09 am

Your dead right lui wouldn't have won us that game tonight but he would have helped a hell of a lot. Last week we looked great but how much of that was due to Souths poor defence? Tonight we didn't look like making a line break. Yes the forwards were mainly to blame and no 7 looks good when the forwards are getting dominated but our structure and organization was poor and this is what I believe lui brings to our team.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 1:40 am

happy tiger wrote:Benjis goal kicking
true. he kicked a lot better tonight.

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 8:15 am

mike wrote:
southerntiger wrote:Mike

What was he meant to do?

Take the hit ups for our pansy forwards.

We didnt lose tonight in the halves.

I dont mind a couple of mistakes.

The kid has incredible potential for mine.

Posted using RoarFEED
Sure he has potential and I think he's a keeper but tonight we looked totally disorganised and it was partly due to Miller playing substantial minutes at halfback. I'm sure as he gets more game time and he gets used to the team and team gets used to him things will improve. It took Lui a significant number of games to really take control, and I don’t think he is even 100% there yet. It will take Miller similar time, that’s just the reality and he is still very young.
Miller proved he is tough enough for 1st grade at 18,& not a defensive liability like many no 7s,but as cld be expected is well short of the mark at this level in playmaking & organising...key attributes of a 7
A couple of yrs in NYC with the right mentoring will hopefully fix that,& Id expect him to emerge as Trent Hodgkinson style half who was also somewhat manufactured by Haslar in this area,but look at him now

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 8:29 am

stryker wrote:Actually I agree with Southern here.

The kid tried all night, tackled his backside off (one desperate 1 on 1 tackle on bull Bailey stands out), and hit the ball at speed.

He is 18!!! give him more game time until Lui comes back.
Yeah its rare but I agree with southern too.
Miller may have been guilty of trying too hard if anything.
He's not shy, full of confidence, looks to have ability, he's lively, energetic, POSITIVE....I like the looks of him very much.
He kept at it too....all night, he has persistence that Freddy mentioned, seems to have a great work ethic.

TigerDave81

Post by TigerDave81 » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 8:59 am

Only positives were no further injuries and our for and against didn't get hurt to much!!! Oh and marshalls goal kicking...ok ok I'm clutching at straws.

Posted using RoarFEED

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 9:04 am

It was an away interstate game and theres very s*** weather in Sydney...thats a positive