Positives

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
Vicious

Re: Positives

Post by Vicious » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 9:15 am

Dwyer, he was throwing blokes around like they were rag dolls.
This kid is only just starting to realise how big & strong he is, but with the right attitude (playing with enthusiasm and aggression all game every game) he will play rep football.
Mitch Brown played very physical. Like Dwyer I don`t think Mitch Brown realises how good he can be just yet. He`s going well now, but he too has the ability to go to an even higher level and become an elite player, just needs to be enthusiastic and aggressive on a regular basis.
You can throw Blake Ayshford into this mix as well, all three of them are big, strong, fast & with good football brains, they have the rugby league world at their feet if they want it bad enough!
Last edited by Vicious on Sat 16 Apr, 2011 9:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 9:18 am

you can sunshine pump this kid all you want,but that wasn't a good game.

if you want to encourage an 18 year old fine,but don't expect me to agree that was a good nrl halfbacks game.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 9:26 am

bonstonker wrote:you can sunshine pump this kid all you want,but that wasn't a good game.

if you want to encourage an 18 year old fine,but don't expect me to agree that was a good nrl halfbacks game.
Maybe not a good game skill wise, he`s not in the same class as Robert Lui skill wise, but you`ve got to admire his toughness and enthusiasm?
On the back of a badly beaten forward pack with next to no go forward you must have surely given Jacob Miller a pass mark?
Jacob Miller reminds me of Mitchell Pearce a couple of years back. I reckon it`s a living certainty that Jacob Miller will become a very good first grade footballer, possibly even better than that, but i`m not sure where he`ll fit into the equation with us long term given we have Marshall & Lui?
Could Jacob Miller play well as a fullback?
He lacks nothing in courage & enthusiasm and has plenty of pace, that`s a good start.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 9:27 am

Hard to take any positives out of last night's game. Forwards were weak, ball control got worse as the match went on. Farah and Marshall were both quiet in attack. The team didn't look like scoring after 15 minutes and then they had their customary brain explosions late in the game with Benji and Payten - two of the teams senior players making fundamental mistakes.

Oh yes, and another couple of injuries for good measure.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:14 am

Fo mine the kid was ok Sheens could have given him a simple job dont try and set up play just get the ball out of the scrum and get it to Bengi this kid will go a long way and good luck mate

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:54 am

For mine, I thought Jacob Miller was looked over in attack and coincidentally it all came about after he lofted the ball out on the full. He was quite good in defence but he most definitely has a long way to go.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:59 am

For a positive Miller will learn a lot from that experience and be a better player for it.

Posted using RoarFEED
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:06 am

Major positive for me....deciding last week not to fly up to the Gold Coast to watch that Brain dead football display by our team

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:27 am

Vicious wrote:
bonstonker wrote:you can sunshine pump this kid all you want,but that wasn't a good game.

Maybe not a good game skill wise, he`s not in the same class as Robert Lui skill wise, but you`ve got to admire his toughness and enthusiasm?
On the back of a badly beaten forward pack with next to no go forward you must have surely given Jacob Miller a pass mark?
Jacob Miller reminds me of Mitchell Pearce a couple of years back. I reckon it`s a living certainty that Jacob Miller will become a very good first grade footballer, possibly even better than that, but i`m not sure where he`ll fit into the equation with us long term given we have Marshall & Lui?
Could Jacob Miller play well as a fullback?
He lacks nothing in courage & enthusiasm and has plenty of pace, that`s a good start.
so does john morris,and he copped a bagging for better games than that.
you can admire courage and enthusiasm,but it doesn't mean it was a good game.
if you make mistakes,courage and enthusiasm doesn't make up for it.

obviously you value courage and enthusiasm more than i value execution.

as for his future,i have no idea.
i need to see alot more games from him to judge either way.
he got his taste,now it is up to him to work hard in developing his game.

right now the only future i really care about is next weeks game.
i think i would rather moltzen at half.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:48 am

VX225 wrote:I thought tonight's game proved that Lui is by far our best option at 7.

Oh and that Moltzen isn't a fullback!

Posted using RoarFEED
Lui has had the opportunity to lead a full strength team around..
Miller has been great so far with what he has to work with. Easier for the team in general to look & play better with a full strength team..

In saying that, i would be happy with either Miller, Lui or Moltz as our starting halfback.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:54 am

We'll be heaps better with our injured players back.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:06 pm

He played great. What game were you watching. Tackled strong, ran strong, plenty of ticker for 80 minutes.

How about the display by some of our forwards. Ellis had a shocker, ditto Payten, Fifita ran across field all night, the less said about Moltzen the better and Farah is not fit. Robbie get it fixed now.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:16 pm

magpiecol wrote:

He played great. What game were you watching. Tackled strong, ran strong, plenty of ticker for 80 minutes.

How about the display by some of our forwards. Ellis had a shocker, ditto Payten, Fifita ran across field all night, the less said about Moltzen the better and Farah is not fit. Robbie get it fixed now.
Surely you jest about Ellis how manytackles did he make and seemed like the only bloke going forward

NEDKELLY

Post by NEDKELLY » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 5:10 pm

This thread should have read "NEGATIVES"! followed by:
MILLER
MILLER
MILLER

Off to OPSM for old Ned as the bloke I thought the commentators were calling Miller all night was very average!
Back to Toyota Cup for the rest of the season unless we reach an injured list of 20 unfit Tigers. Gee am I kidding myself we must be up to nearly 20 unavailable players as at the end of round 6?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 5:47 pm

NEDKELLY wrote:This thread should have read "NEGATIVES"! followed by:
MILLER
MILLER
MILLER

Off to OPSM for old Ned as the bloke I thought the commentators were calling Miller all night was very average!
Back to Toyota Cup for the rest of the season unless we reach an injured list of 20 unfit Tigers. Gee am I kidding myself we must be up to nearly 20 unavailable players as at the end of round 6?
You'll have an "average" game when you're not allowed to be involved Ned... There were by and far worse players on the field than Miller.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 5:58 pm

Things can only get better. Ellis is clearly not at his best, and Gibbs and Payten are still short of a run or two. Without Sauce taking it up relentlessly as he does, we lacked grunt. Dwyer is still developing but he showed last week, as part of a forward pack that was competitive with the opposition (i am being polite to souths in saying that) he can be a great hole runner and a good defender. Despite all the injuries and misfortune surrounding the side at the moment, I am positive I am on thr right side in supporting the Tigers for the long term by comparison to the Titans who scrambled yet another lucky win, this time at home.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 6:11 pm

king sirro wrote:Millers attitude is great. His defence is great. But im not sold on his passing game just yet. He passes the old school way where the ball doesnt spiral. The ball seems to not travel as quick this way and its much less crisp. Goes against our stryle of attack IMO. He does it when passing both left to right and right to left. I think its something he needs to work on. Very good kid though.
x2

He also needs to work on reading the plays better. He is a tough kid but halfbacks need to be smart. I hope he proves me wrong and shows that he is a smart footballer.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 6:23 pm

First full NRL game...