ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
king sirro

Re: Positives

Post by king sirro » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:16 pm

innsaneink wrote:First full NRL game...

I think thats the context the thread needs to be taken.

Theres been some praise of miller, and theres been some negative comments. Ive made both. But Bonstonker, u cant compare this analysis to past games of John Morris. Its all about how an 18 kid handled his first real step up to NRL, not how a seasoned player handled the role of halfback and all its responsibilies.

And Miller passed.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:34 pm

KS

You are absolutely correct. This was started to take something positive out of a dark night. That positive is the potential of Miller. I wasnt saying he was the finished product.

Geez Bon comparing him to Morris is a bit rough

Posted using RoarFEED

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:58 pm

king sirro wrote:

Theres been some praise of miller, and theres been some negative comments. Ive made both. But Bonstonker, u cant compare this analysis to past games of John Morris. Its all about how an 18 kid handled his first real step up to NRL, not how a seasoned player handled the role of halfback and all its responsibilies.

And Miller passed.
its interesting how sometimes the game result and team your playing can help you ease into first grade.

Take Rob Lui for example.

smoothly slotted into the team.

First game? against a sharkies team who couldn't go any lower at the time of playing them back in 2009.

Lui didn't actually do a great deal - however we won 56-10, and it made his integration all the more easier.

Miller has come into the team on back to back to back injuries. its a tough road - Ask Blake Lazarus. Miller has been thrust into a position he probably wasn't going to be in for probably 12 months.

Infact, the only player I have ever known in the tigers outfit to thrive on the back of that adversity is Blake Ayshford. However I can't rate that kid enough - IMO he should be the next long term signing we make.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 5:05 pm

one positive for me - the next weekend will come - what wests tigers do inbetween that time i hold tim sheens responsible - thats all - he's navigating the boat and we just hit a small iceberg.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 5:24 pm

underdog wrote:
Infact, the only player I have ever known in the tigers outfit to thrive on the back of that adversity is Blake Ayshford. However I can't rate that kid enough - IMO he should be the next long term signing we make.
I looooooove Blake now. I seriously do.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 7:15 pm

king sirro wrote:

And Miller passed.
Agreed.

Geeze some of you are hard task masters...the kids 18 and I think he did a better than average job. His defense is right up there. he didnt give up trying.

give him a break.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 7:27 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
underdog wrote:
I looooooove Blake now. I seriously do.
I have come to really like Blake Ayshford as a footballer as well. He appears a very coachable kid who learns from his mistakes and keeps on improving, you can`t ask for much more than that. He also gets himself involved and does plenty of good things throughout each game, BUT I do think some people are over rating his ability as a centre at this stage. Top quality centres score plenty of tries, Blake is really struggling to get across the stripe.
As i`ve said this doesn`t mean he`s a bad player, far from it, but he`s certainly nowhere near SOO standard until he can start scoring tries on a regular basis.

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 4:08 pm

There is always next year, at the moment with the team we are fielding we are always going to get beat. We are playing well below what we can with the massive amount of injuries we currently have.

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 4:27 pm

I thought Miller did reasonably well under the circumstances.
Defended well, made a couple of errors, but still put his hand up the whole night.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 7:05 pm

Agree Vicious. Blake needs to start converting the half chances before he is in that calibre, including linking better with his outside man.

Still he is already a better than average first grader.

Posted using RoarFEED