WHY THE INJURIES

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
Cultured Bogan

Re: WHY THE INJURIES

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:05 am

Moltzen didn't play half last week, he hid in the centres.

Moltzen should be sat down into a television this week and made to watch David Mead's kick returns. He is pint sized, and everytime ran back hard and hit the defenders hard.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:13 am

You can't blame Moltzen for being played out of position - we had TWO fullbacks already in the squad.
When will Sheens get it into his head that Moltzen is NOT a fullback?
Yes - ref's were hopeless
Yes - we bumbled like only we can
Yes - Sheens disrupted the team by not playing guys in their best positions.
Last week Moltzen plays half and we win by 24- even though young Miller played ok it was always going to be hard going 80 minutes against Prince.
Brown has shown repeatedly he is a class fullback - I can't even understand why Sheens picked Meaney on the bench ( no disrespect to Meaney )

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:21 pm

Woods had a virus so the logical option was Moors but the belief is he is lacking sufficient match fitness

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:21 pm

and I rate Moltzen but not a fullback. ever.

guesty123

Post by guesty123 » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 6:44 pm

Moltzen was playing beyond good before his injury at fullback its common sense to put him there now. The only reason he didn't perform is because of his knee, you lose alot of confidence when you suffer a season ending injury.

No he may not be up to the task of first grade fullback atm, but he has just returned back from a knee reconstruction and to get hes confidence back you need to play him at the position he has always played when there is an opportunity too. He hasn't played at the position for a while due to his injury so he is going to be rusty, you cant just get rid of him because he played horribly.

If Sheens got rid of marshall last year when he wasnt playing anywhere near his best like this forum suggested i doubt marshall would be in the form he was for the rest of the season, solely because he would of lost s*** loads of confidence getting dropped.

Now i can rabble on all day but im not the fact is moltzen needs the confidence hopefully he learnt from his mistakes and will come back at FULLBACK next week if mckinnon is injured, and prove what he is capable of.

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:07 pm

I hope the tigers players are watching this Manly game, they might learn how you actually grind a game out and finish the job off and win. and before anyone say the warriors were crap the titans were even more crap!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:25 pm

I don't know what games these "Moltzen should be fullback" people are watching.

I don't know how he's going to get confidence in the fullback spot, given the times he's played there it hasn't worked out well.

He's a halfback, he hasn't played much in the last year, how about we let him get his confidence and match fitness up in a spot he's more comfortable in? like the halfback spot....