ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
tig_prmz

Re: we lost tonight because ...

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 5:49 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Give it a rest.

We had our foot on their throats after 11 minutes and the guys on the paddock threw it away with poor discipline. Moltzen was woeful at the back, but good players rise against that and turn around their performance after an error. More injuries compounded the issue, I swear our side is made of tissue and spit...

I said from the start it was ours to lose and we did just that.
I have never bagged any player or coach until this game.

I used to have the same thinking as you. Now looking at it, I know why. I agree with you.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 6:00 pm

innsaneink wrote:
CocaCola wrote:We lost because Payten still doesn't know how to play the ball properly..

2 in the final crucial stage of the game! We could have kicked a field goal on both occasions :brick:
Lmfao!!
We couldnt get down to their end at all in the second half, why would those two sets where Payten fumbles have made any difference?

The difference being, we were never behind on the scoreboard & those fumbles cost the team a chance to put through a field goal. A wins a win irrelevant of how bad you play throughout the match, so regardless of the poor performance throughout, it could have been won in the last 5min.

Mr. Safe hands got the fumbles twice.. Bet he made killing on his winning ticket :roll

matty119

Post by matty119 » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 6:08 pm

Ok, I really think people need to get over this Sheens bashing. At times people will criticise, and rightly so, but we DID NOT lose this game because of selections. The team that played was good enough to beat the Titans, but played poorly after a good start and lost.

And those imbeciles calling for Payten's retirement need to wake up. He made some crucial errors, but since when has that meant he shouldn't be playing anymore?? It makes me more angry and frustrated that people think and say these things than our performance did. To me it just shows a lack of knowledge about the game.....

Posted using RoarFEED

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 6:27 pm

CocaCola wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
CocaCola wrote:We lost because Payten still doesn't know how to play the ball properly..

2 in the final crucial stage of the game! We could have kicked a field goal on both occasions :brick:
Lmfao!!
We couldnt get down to their end at all in the second half, why would those two sets where Payten fumbles have made any difference?

The difference being, we were never behind on the scoreboard & those fumbles cost the team a chance to put through a field goal. A wins a win irrelevant of how bad you play throughout the match, so regardless of the poor performance throughout, it could have been won in the last 5min.

Mr. Safe hands got the fumbles twice.. Bet he made killing on his winning ticket :roll
Youre still ignoring the fact every other set in the second half we could not get into their attacking zone....youre inference we wouldve got there for a fg shot had he not fumbled is highly unlikely...clearly you have no comprehension of the game as your slander of the player in question shows

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 6:40 pm

1 of those sets we basically started on the 40meter mark.. Im sure if we got through the set we would have been close enough to make the punt.. Even if there wasn't a field goal, they would have started there sets back from there 20 meter line.

Anyway Mr. Safe Hands does'nt pay my bills @ home for me to show any sympathy..
He made the same mistake twice within 5 minutes, there's no excuses for that..
Play the ball is something every player learns when there 5years old.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:23 pm

Has anyone on here actually watched the post-match press conference? Sheens was filthy on the team for not sticking to the game plan and while I don't agree or condone the picking of a lightweight bench, the team clearly did not play smart football in the second half and when you've got the likes of Marshall and Payten coming up with 4 schoolboy errors between them, you know it's not your night.

Frustrated? Hell yes. Do I blame Sheens? No, not for the way they played in any event, although the bench selection was horrible.

WTPK

Post by WTPK » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:32 pm

I didn't read the forum last week. Can someone tell me how many people got on here and blamed Sheens for the win?

Some people seem to forget that Moltzen was playing fullback when he got hurt last year - we were travelling alright then, too.

I think a few people here have never played fullback before, so therefore, wouldn't realise how physically taxing it is. Remember that Brown had only played one first grade game this year. He was also able to help protect Latu with the high ball from the centre position.

Also Miller has been in the wings waiting for an opportunity and is a ready made half.

Woods, I believe, was rulled out due to injury prior to the game.

Others haven't realised that Meaney has been playing 5/8 all year and that most teams now carry a utility back on the bench.

We lost a lot of our forward thrust with no Gallaway, woods and Fifita also getting injured.

Ayshford has been pushed into the second row for part of every game since Moltzen has been coming off the bench (to play at centre). This allows a forward to be rested whilst bringing on a back.

We smashed a so called contender last week with weakend side and most commentators were shocked that we won. This week we played a desperate team away with even more players out only to lose in the final minutes... and everyone's shocked!

I was shocked that we were able to match it with them for so long.

Well done Sheens for being able to put together a squad that can, for the most part, cover an unprecidented injury toll. Congratulations for having produced a team that, even when they execute plays and a game plan so poorly, they have the grit and determination to hang in there with their defense (Especially against a side close to full strength). Finally, thank you for developing so much young talent which have followed a pathway to the NRL. Not many would know, or acknowledge, that the Tigers have the fewest amount of players in the top 25 squad to originate at other clubs.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 7:56 pm

We were playing a very very average side, had them down 14 blot and lost the game. Iam still scratching my head, if I was cynical I would expect their was a Indian bookmaker in the mix somewhere!!!

Really our second half direction was all wrong, very negative and we are not a team that can afford to shut up shop. Although all our momentum went out the window with yet another school boy performance from Moltzen in the 1st half. Tim's confidence is at rock bottom so why would Sheens throw him back their is one of life's big mysteries. Payten has struggled all season and in my option has gone one season too long. Big keff was missed big time their is no one capable of making those big direct charges that create room for Benji on latter tackles.

Anyway we can hang our hat on a ever increasing injury toll but Friday night was rubbish and the coach has to put his hand up with the players and tack the brick bats

WTPK

Post by WTPK » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 8:47 pm

I think the senior players have to put up their hands. I could forgive Miller, Latu or Meaney making errors under fatigue, but the senior players had to step in that situation, unfortunately they let the team (and the coach) down badly.

I guess the sub text to what I posted earlier is that it's never quite as good or as bad as it seems (refer to rabbitohs and Titans games respectively)

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:30 pm

WTPK i praised Sheens last week for his tactics. This week he stuffed up with the bench and kicks on the third.

Still wouldnt swap him for anyone bar Bennett

Posted using RoarFEED

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 1:09 am

Everytime Sheens makes bad selection decisions his apologists come out and blame the players. It's never anything to do with the coach.

If you can't see that Sheens piss weak selections had a BIG influence on us losing his game then you need to wake up and open your eyes.

I am not totally blaming Sheens - we made some braindead plays and some of the senior players in particular let the side down. But to absolve the coach of any blame is ridiculous.

WTPK

Post by WTPK » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 10:10 am

Reading over this thread, I don't think anyone is "absolving" the coach of anything. I'm saying with the players and the situation he has been dealt, there wasn't a lot of choices left for sheens. He certainly doesn't deserve to carry the can on his own for the loss.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 10:42 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Everytime Sheens makes bad selection decisions his apologists come out and blame the players. It's never anything to do with the coach.

If you can't see that Sheens piss weak selections had a BIG influence on us losing his game then you need to wake up and open your eyes.

I am not totally blaming Sheens - we made some braindead plays and some of the senior players in particular let the side down. But to absolve the coach of any blame is ridiculous.
It's a big call to squarely lay the blame at his feet either, but when you're up 14-0 11 minutes in and you go on to not score another point for 69 minutes, it would indicate there's more problems than just the selection on the bench or who is at fullback.

The bench and Moltzen at #1 were both clangers no doubt about it, but the reality is we had them against the wall in the first ten minutes and as soon as the Schoolies got a bit of momentum, we went to pieces. That goes beyond team/bench selections, thats an issue with attitude.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 4:55 pm

we lost tonight because its the laws of the universe - get a grip and enjoy the ride - its gonna be bumpy
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 4:25 pm

We played like busted and played dumb football, i agree we couldnt have played any worse at all. The titans are a rubbish team and its embarrasing to get beat by them as well, we had that game won and threw it away by making too many stupid mistakes. We cant take a trick at the moment with injuries and its really hurting our progress for this year, i fear that our season is going to derailed immensley by our mamoth injury toll.