ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
tig_prmz

Miller

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 4:34 pm

Miller tried his heart out. Nice.

The thing though is the same problem with Kieran Foran. Stephen Kearney said about Foran that taking the line on and running towards the line is not the only job of a halfback or something like that.

The point is, Miller is a good prospect to have in the club. But it's not his job to take the line on everytime. We have props to do it. I would be happy if he could fit into the structure of our plays but he couldn't.

Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying he shouldn't take the line on, he should! But he needs to know when to dump it off to a forward and get ready for the next play.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 4:55 pm

Good Game - plenty of fight in the young man

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 5:02 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Miller tried his heart out. Nice.

The thing though is the same problem with Kieran Foran. Stephen Kearney said about Foran that taking the line on and running towards the line is not the only job of a halfback or something like that.

The point is, Miller is a good prospect to have in the club. But it's not his job to take the line on everytime. We have props to do it. I would be happy if he could fit into the structure of our plays but he couldn't.

Don't take me wrong, I'm not saying he shouldn't take the line on, he should! But he needs to know when to dump it off to a forward and get ready for the next play.
Maybe he too could see how innefective our forwards were last night and took it upon himself.....

first full 1st grade game

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 16 Apr, 2011 5:42 pm

I'm happy to have him take the line on. Looks to be a strong kid for his size. Has a big motor in him, might be the Toyota Cup mentality that eventually the line will bend or break if you're persistent.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...