Play the ball penalties

ImageImageImage
Kickoff:
Venue: Skilled Park, Robina
Telecast:
TIGERDAVIS

Play the ball penalties

Post by TIGERDAVIS » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 12:07 pm

ok, there might alreeady be a thread about this but i just wanna know what you all think about the penalties involved with the play the ball.
i reckon that in the second half Tigers should have got a zillion penalties becuase of the Titans players slowing the play down, they wouldnt get off the players quick enough.

in the second half the refs seemed to have a Titans jersey on underneath.
GO THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS!!

Ready to roar like never before. Bring on 2012!

you know who

Post by you know who » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 2:48 pm

agree 100%

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 2:52 pm

Too many grey areas in the interpretation of ruck and play the ball rulings . I reckon the ref counts to three and if the ruck isn't clear penalize them .If attacking player is seen grabbing opposition during the clearing of the ruck then penalty goes other way . Simplifies it Watch how quick players are rolling away from the play the ball area then .Just an idea

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 4:31 pm

This drove me mad watching the Titans game!
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

TIGERDAVIS

Post by TIGERDAVIS » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 4:34 pm

it was just ridiculous on Friday night.. the first half was alright but in that last 40 minutes, :brick:
GO THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS!!

Ready to roar like never before. Bring on 2012!

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 6:26 pm

Anyone seen the WTV interview with tim Sheens regarding his complaint to Bill Harrigan?

Just interested in thoughts.

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 7:04 pm

IronTiger wrote:Anyone seen the WTV interview with tim Sheens regarding his complaint to Bill Harrigan?

Yes I saw Sheens talking on WTV and after seeing the video he has sent to harrigan, I can see why Payten lost the ball twice in the play the ball and the ref missed both Titans infringements. I also thought it was good to see Sheens supporting Payten who, according to Sheens, has been coping flak for the play the ball incidents. Not sure I like his idea of protests by the captain on the field. Have to see it trialled first sounds a bit like cricket.

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 7:29 pm

cunno wrote:
IronTiger wrote:Anyone seen the WTV interview with tim Sheens regarding his complaint to Bill Harrigan?

Yes I saw Sheens talking on WTV and after seeing the video he has sent to harrigan, I can see why Payten lost the ball twice in the play the ball and the ref missed both Titans infringements. I also thought it was good to see Sheens supporting Payten who, according to Sheens, has been coping flak for the play the ball incidents. Not sure I like his idea of protests by the captain on the field. Have to see it trialled first sounds a bit like cricket.

He has been reading this forum

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 7:52 pm

I think it's awesome that he's stepping up, he's exactly right.

He said they found 14 questionable calls which honestly isn't surprising.

Mrs T

Post by Mrs T » Tue 19 Apr, 2011 1:31 pm

Good on Sheens, the refereeing of this game was utter crap. Maybe someone could post a link to this WTV video in the Payten bashing thread. :x

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 19 Apr, 2011 1:39 pm

The foot one was clearly infringement but the one with the hand I'm not so sure about.

Greg Bird the Milkman put the ball on Robbie's foot on PURPOSE to get the penalty.. God I hate that grub of a man.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 19 Apr, 2011 7:15 pm

IronTiger wrote:
cunno wrote:

He has been reading this forum
Maybe he should drop us a line it would be good to hear from the coach on the Weststigersforum.

barra

Post by barra » Thu 21 Apr, 2011 4:19 pm

We see these inconsistencies every week and one side always gets the short end. At the start of the year they were allowing teams to lie all over the ball carrier now they are calling for faster rucks all of a sudden - no wonder the players are confused!

Along with the strippeing rule it is an area that lets the game down.