ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Cysquatch

Re: An exercise in positivity.

Post by Cysquatch » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:01 pm

Suzie-Q wrote:
I'm going to watch Heighington, because, while I think he's solid, I don't get all the worshipping he gets on here.

are you serious ? rhino is one of our forwards every week , and for the past 3 seasons ... seriously what games do people watch......

I know, it's hilarious. Tackles his backside off every week and runs as hard as he can every hit up. Unless you make three linebreaks a game some people think your average. Golly Gosh!!

Posted using RoarFEED
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:12 pm

Well, it seems I've upset a few people on here because I don't hero worship Heighington.

The thing I noticed about Heighington last night was his talk - he was constantly talking, probably more so than - dare I say anything less than glowing about our captain and 5/8??? - Farah. He did made a lot of tackles; didn't see anything much in attack though, but in his defence, there wasn't much to talk about in regards to attack from anyone ...

Glad I chose him to watch, but I still don't get the total worship ... maybe I need to watch ihim more closely in a few more games.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:32 pm

Suzie-Q wrote:Well, it seems I've upset a few people on here because I don't hero worship Heighington.

The thing I noticed about Heighington last night was his talk - he was constantly talking, probably more so than - dare I say anything less than glowing about our captain and 5/8??? - Farah. He did made a lot of tackles; didn't see anything much in attack though, but in his defence, there wasn't much to talk about in regards to attack from anyone ...

Glad I chose him to watch, but I still don't get the total worship ... maybe I need to watch ihim more closely in a few more games.
Because he rarely has a bad game He's at a million miles an hour every game And you mentioned his talk With the complete lack of communication out there at times it was embarassing . Brown getting caught on sixth tackle Robbie five metres out from oppositions line and doing a 360 because no one was organized . Anyone at the game notice the lack of talk from the tigers last night ??

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Suzie-Q wrote:Well, it seems I've upset a few people on here because I don't hero worship Heighington.

Because he rarely has a bad game He's at a million miles an hour every game And you mentioned his talk With the complete lack of communication out there at times it was embarassing . Brown getting caught on sixth tackle Robbie five metres out from oppositions line and doing a 360 because no one was organized . Anyone at the game notice the lack of talk from the tigers last night ??
Yes Happy, the commentators on nine mentioned the Tigers' lack of communication a couple of times last night. Back on Heighington, I think he will make an excellent captain one day.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:36 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:One positive is that Sheens won't be our coach forever.
True, but it will just seem like forever!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:41 pm

I watched Beau Ryan.

He didn't get hurt in that tackle where he dropped the ball. Thats nice.

He convinced me he'd scored a try until I saw the replay.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:48 pm

Im positive theres less GA seats on the eastern side of the SFS at Tigers home games this season, way to go Tiges, screwing every last buck out of us.

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 12:42 am

Flippedy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Maybe the lack of talk from our teams *leaders* was why I noticed it from Heighington? Dunno ... at least he was talking ...

Yes Happy, the commentators on nine mentioned the Tigers' lack of communication a couple of times last night. Back on Heighington, I think he will make an excellent captain one day.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 1:00 am

Heighington is a whole hearted player who gives his all, but he really does not offer much in attack.

He runs at the markers every hit up, and his game is very predictable. He gets through plenty of work, but it's quantity and not quality.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 1:06 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:Heighington is a whole hearted player who gives his all, but he really does not offer much in attack.

He runs at the markers every hit up, and his game is very predictable. He gets through plenty of work, but it's quantity and not quality.
every team needs a workaholic like Heighington So given our 4 major back rowers are Ellis , Fulton , Heighington and Dwyer who are your starting backrowers ??And next question Hybrid if we sign Blair Who are your second row and lock then ??

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 11:05 am

happy tiger wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Heighington is a whole hearted player who gives his all, but he really does not offer much in attack.

every team needs a workaholic like Heighington So given our 4 major back rowers are Ellis , Fulton , Heighington and Dwyer who are your starting backrowers ??And next question Hybrid if we sign Blair Who are your second row and lock then ??
I'm not saying he should not play, just that his role should be changed. He should not play 80 minutes, or even 70. He should be used in shorter bursts.

My pack would look like this if we signed Blair:

8. Blair
9. Farah (c)
10. Galloway
11. Heighington
12. Ellis
13. Gibbs

Woods, Fulton, Fifita, BMM, Dwyer, Payten to fight out the bench spots but I would have Woods as a certainty.

IMO Gibbs is the perfect modern day lock. Can play long minutes, will tackle himself to a standstill and the work he does is of genuine quality.

You could also have Blair starting in the second row for Heighington, and have Woods start in the front-row if you like.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 4:29 pm

Oh oh oh one more thing. Robbie is always organising his troops instead of looking at the ball. I see him several times organising instead of looking at the guy getting tackled and waiting for an offload. He should leave organising to Benji or someone.

And it was quite funny once when Benji was yelling out Robbie with ball in hand but he was too busy organising and Benji had to wait to give it to him :lol:

Also, he runs around in circles sometimes not knowing what to do, he did that twice on Friday.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble