Moltzen

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Kul

Re: Moltzen

Post by Kul » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:20 am

smeghead wrote:I will watch the game again guesty just to double check. Got some time refferences for when he jumped for a high ball with the opposition also contesting?
it's not about evidence, smeg, it's about intent - the Wests Tigers way :arrow:
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:38 am

smeghead wrote:Offers nothing on kick returns.
Does not direct the defensive line at all.
Was not seen trailing up the middle once. Only on the fringes with his meal ticket Benji
Will not contest for a high ball when any opposition is close
Will not contest a loose ball on the ground
Runs 15m side to side to give it to a winger to get smashed.

Moltzen is the third best halfback option, the second best 5/8 option and the single worst fullback option at the club. Bryce Gibbs would put on a better display at the back and would lay everything on the line for the team. Moltzen wants to be there for the fancy play or the try but is nowhere to be seen when the going gets tough in any position he plays for Wests Tigers.

Bench player at best but Moltzen will continue to be picked at fullback whenever McKinnon even has a minor cold it seems to allow Sheens to continue his little mission of making a half a fullback
Nicely put....

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:49 am

alexaki wrote:
smeghead wrote:Offers nothing on kick returns.
Does not direct the defensive line at all.
Was not seen trailing up the middle once. Only on the fringes with his meal ticket Benji
Will not contest for a high ball when any opposition is close
Will not contest a loose ball on the ground
Runs 15m side to side to give it to a winger to get smashed.

Moltzen is the third best halfback option, the second best 5/8 option and the single worst fullback option at the club. Bryce Gibbs would put on a better display at the back and would lay everything on the line for the team. Moltzen wants to be there for the fancy play or the try but is nowhere to be seen when the going gets tough in any position he plays for Wests Tigers.

Bench player at best but Moltzen will continue to be picked at fullback whenever McKinnon even has a minor cold it seems to allow Sheens to continue his little mission of making a half a fullback
Nicely put....
He`s definately not going to make it as a fullback, but I maintain Tim Moltzen is a very good 5/8, unfortunately we have the world best playing 5/8 for us in front of him. BUT give Tim Moltzen the football with a bit of space to move and he`s very hard to contain as he again showed last night.
He`s a must for the centres next week and must remain there until Lawrence is back as our other outside backs get the ball with a bit of space to move and freeze like deers in headlights.
Blake Ayshford is an improving footballer so i`m not going to crucify him after one bad game, but last night he was terrible. He talked the talk saying he wanted to mark the best centres in the game such as Hodges, yet last night he did not even attempt to put his shoulder into Hodges rib cage once and was not willing to get deep and run hard onto the football like a decent first grader with his size and strength should be doing.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:49 am

I have never seen a more soft return of ball that he has ..runs half pace to the line slows and turns so his back hits the defence never seen this before from a fullback very soft!I have said all along Moltzen is the back bench warmer come utility.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:53 am

I still don't understand why our centres were shifted to opposite sides after Daniellas injury. Brown plays left side in the lower grades and Ayshford is far superior on the right to tthe left

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:53 am

Kul wrote:
smeghead wrote:I will watch the game again guesty just to double check. Got some time refferences for when he jumped for a high ball with the opposition also contesting?
it's not about evidence, smeg, it's about intent - the Wests Tigers way :arrow:
LOL...you got nothing again, no argument, no point, as usual

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:59 am

Moltzen is proving to be a terrible fullback, no if`s or but`s about it.
BUT I don`t think the criticism of him as a footballer is granted at all. He`s a very, very good ball runner, players who can run the ball as well as him in broken play don`t just fall off trees, they are a dime a dozen.
I would also agree he`s playing timid football which is something he needs to overcome very quickly, but I`m highly confident if you put him in the centres you`ll see a much different footballer.
After all he`s certainly not on his own when it comes to players who are not putting their body on the line (or dogging it as it`s often referred).

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:00 pm

guesty123 wrote:His improvement from last week was out of sight under the bomb, just some miss judgement and no communication lead to him not knowing the dude was coming up on him.

You guys are all mentioning this kick return but there was no opportunities he had to actually do so...

@smeghead saying he wont contest a ball when a opponent is close is a blatant lie i watched him do so last night.

The kid has so much potential to be a threat in NRL, i reallly hope sheensy finds a permanent spot in the starting team for him :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

You obviously weren't at the game and were just taking in what the channel 9 commentators were saying.

Seeing moltzens positioning and Kick returns live is embarrassing

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:10 pm

Vicious wrote:Moltzen is proving to be a terrible fullback, no if`s or but`s about it.
BUT I don`t think the criticism of him as a footballer is granted at all. He`s a very, very good ball runner, players who can run the ball as well as him in broken play don`t just fall off trees, they are a dime a dozen.
I would also agree he`s playing timid football which is something he needs to overcome very quickly, but I`m highly confident if you put him in the centres you`ll see a much different footballer.
After all he`s certainly not on his own when it comes to players who are not putting their body on the line (or dogging it as it`s often referred).
A dime a dozen isnt the term youre looking for I think, it means 'quite common'

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:25 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Vicious wrote:Moltzen is proving to be a terrible fullback, no if`s or but`s about it.
A dime a dozen isnt the term youre looking for I think, it means 'quite common'
Thanks for the correction Ink, but i`m glad you knew what I was talking about.
Do you agree or disagree?

farahfan

Post by farahfan » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:36 pm

im a big fan of mckinnon but if he is going to be consistently on the side lines we need to make brown our full time fullback. none of this stupid mckinnon/meaney/moltzen merry go round rubbish its hurting us a lot

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:45 pm

Agree to a point, dunno about him in the centrres, with the ball yes possibly, in defense i'd be concerned.
We have too many halves on the park, the communication is breaking down and at time we see robbie running in circles from dummy half coz Moltz thinks benjkis getting it, who in turn thinks luis getting it- while Lui is thinking its someone else.
No spot for him, hes no fullback yet Sheens ego yet again is getting in the way of the teams progression here, his childhood hero, Professor Montgomery Weirdo creating Milton the Monster has manifested into Tim Sheens attempting to create Moltzen the fullback

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:53 pm

Moltzen at fullback is about as successful as Bronson in the front row

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:32 pm

He sure aint a fullback,& in the era of growing centres such as Idris,Inglis Hodges,Matai,Tahu.Gasnier,KennyDowell & co he's just far too small to make it as a centre(same may apply to Daniella unfortunately).
So that leaves him as a half or five eighth..but his best skill seems to be supporting a playmaker rather than being one..?
Im not sure where he's gonna fit in,but if we keep playing him at fullback & crucifying him like we did to lazurus, NRL clubs wont be knocking down his door & he'll end up joining Lazurus in the boondocks of France(not such a bad fate actually,but doesnt pay like NRL!)

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:33 pm

moltzen is no fullback, but i reckon he is just marginally ahead of wesser from sowfscum.

last night we had imo, the worst winger in first grade and the second worst fullback.
I dislike sowfs immensely

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:37 pm

Blackpearl wrote:moltzen is no fullback, but i reckon he is just marginally ahead of wesser from sowfscum.

last night we had imo, the worst winger in first grade and the second worst fullback.
Wesser in his prime would of eaten Moltzen for breakfast as a fullback and that magic ball he threw a couple of weeks ago against Parra is better than anything Moltzen has done so far this year . He will be a supersub at this club

Pierre M7

Post by Pierre M7 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 2:14 pm

we should just use Moltzen as a utility off the bench for the rest of the season, agree?
"One flick and they're gone"

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 3:03 pm

he does seem way down on confidence. and playing fullback isn't helping the cause. there is nowhere to hide when playing that position. there was one occasion there where he got the ball from a kick and threw a long pass to ryan to take it up. now thats fair enough if your passing to a tuiaki or tuquiri but not to beau. think it show where he is at, at the moment.

i also wonder, is he training at half all week then shifted to fullback come late before the game. that could also be messing with his head.

even in 09 i never liked him at 1, and unfortunatley our 6 and 7 are taken and young miller seems to be moving up in sheens estimation. i still rate him, i can see something in him but at the moment he doesn't know whether he's coming or going and its showing. i'd say he should be in sheen's coveted "back on the bench" spot going forward for the time being
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?