ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
king sirro

So proud

Post by king sirro » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:23 pm

Of Rob Lui and Bryce Gibbs.

We would have nothning in attack if it was for Lui.

And i know some of u will bulk at Gibbs as his head was shown every time a penalty was blown, but give me a front rower who fires up and has a go like him any day. He's an origin player.

Where were the big names?

Galloway was good in his first stint, but Sheens put him away. Benji was nowhere to be seen. Farah tried but cost us soooooooo bad in the 35th minute with his pathetic kick.

Seems like our lesser players realise the chance all the injuries have given us to show character, but our senior players are trying to hang on until our players come back. Its an attitude thing.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:25 pm

Yeah I thought Lui was quite good in attack, I'm expecting things to start gelling a bit more for him next week.....

Kul

Post by Kul » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:28 pm

are you going to wrap Lui for his shirt-grabbing tackle that let in Alex Glenn try as well or his non-existence for the first 60 minutes?

sorry, just trying to be balanced :?
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

guesty123

Post by guesty123 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:30 pm

lui played like a beast, first game back and was dangerous everytime he touched the ball. Aaron woods also played outstanding everytime he hit the ball up he wouldnt fall backwards but keep pumping his legs forward.

Disappointed fulton didnt get on for longer honestly a game changing player from my view.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:33 pm

Agreed. Lui did make some mistakes, but he was the real spark in our team tonight. He is starting to take control of the play more and we only really looked like doing anything when the ball was in his hand.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:34 pm

Lui, Gibbs, Fulton, Moltzen & Utai can all hold their heads up high. Great games from all of them.

Benji & Farah should forfeit their pay for the week.

Kul

Post by Kul » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:36 pm

guesty123 wrote:lui played like a beast, first game back and was dangerous everytime he touched the ball. Aaron woods also played outstanding everytime he hit the ball up he wouldnt fall backwards but keep pumping his legs forward.

Disappointed fulton didnt get on for longer honestly a game changing player from my view.
sorry mate, I must have been watching a different game.
Lui didn't even touch the ball in the first half.
Don't misinterpret this as criticsm of his good final 25 minutes or so, but he most certainly was not a "beast" nor "dangerous" when he touch the ball. If he was, why were we down 25-6 at halftime?

VX225

Post by VX225 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:38 pm

Are you serious Kul? Non-existence for the first 60??

It was a beautiful inside ball from Lui that put Moltzen away for the tigers only try in the 1st half.

I thought that Lui was one of our best tonight. Attack looked much better with him in the squad.

Posted using RoarFEED

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:39 pm

king sirro wrote:Galloway was good in his first stint, but Sheens put him away.
He had 3 or 4 stints. 148 meters from 15 runs and 29 tackles. He was our best.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:40 pm

Allan Towle wrote:
king sirro wrote:Galloway was good in his first stint, but Sheens put him away.
He had 3 or 4 stints. 148 meters from 15 runs and 29 tackles. He was our best.
I should have mentioned Galloway as well. I agree that he was probably our best player.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:41 pm

Kul wrote:are you going to wrap Lui for his shirt-grabbing tackle that let in Alex Glenn try as well or his non-existence for the first 60 minutes?

Hahahaha, how obvious was that "un-balanced" payback. U been waiting for that chance Kul?????? Even though i actually acknowledged what u were saying in your thread that you created your "balanced" comment hardly hit the mark because it was too obvious.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:41 pm

Proud of about 15 minutes in 2nd half Suppose we did not give up but First half was terrible Last week I was joking about a camp like the one after Souths game I'm not this week . Communication seemed almost non existant at time . Fulton , Heighington and Gallaway and Gibbs good . Rest need to hang there heads . Lui defence at times pretty bad(well most of the tigers defence was pretty bad) Scoreline flattered us really

Kul

Post by Kul » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:43 pm

sorry, didn't see him
and unlike most here, it seems I didn't jizz my pants at his 1 run for 5m in the first half

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:47 pm

Lui - by far our best tonight. Couldn't do much in the first 30min behind a well beaten pack.
Galloway - about the only forward which went forward all night. The other need to limit this sideways stuff.
Gibbs - tried hard and was in everything. Got some harsh penalties awarded against him.
Heigno - tough again, as was Ellis.
Farah - faded in and out of the game. Had some solid touches, but also took some poor options.
Marshall - tough game for him tonight. Did alot of defensive work, but I would've prefered some more leadership.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

balmainbenny

Post by balmainbenny » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:02 pm

Right on the money there Watto, Lui our best, Then Heigno, Gibbs, Big red, Ellis, Farah and Marshall, Then the rest were at best average, Although much better second half by most, Still I expect a lot better, Lot of improvment yet,

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:06 pm

Gotta agree, good game tonight for both these fellas even tho they took an L.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:20 pm

king sirro wrote:
Kul wrote:are you going to wrap Lui for his shirt-grabbing tackle that let in Alex Glenn try as well or his non-existence for the first 60 minutes?

Hahahaha, how obvious was that "un-balanced" payback. U been waiting for that chance Kul?????? Even though i actually acknowledged what u were saying in your thread that you created your "balanced" comment hardly hit the mark because it was too obvious.
I thought lui had had a mixed game but not many didnt.Worth while sticking with i cant see lui playing any other position so we have to stick and hope he improves from this week.Gibbs was excellent in defence but rarely makes huge metres in attack.
Those few penaltys he gave away were bloody piss week calls by the whistle happy ref.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:26 pm

Kul: Either youre pathetically trolling or you really dont have a bloody clue about this team, I think the latter.
Love IS blind eh?