So proud

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
stryker

Re: So proud

Post by stryker » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:28 pm

lui was good. we would have scored bugger all points without him.

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:40 pm

just got back from game the orignial post is right lui was our best player gibbs not far off the rest went missing

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:06 pm

Lui had a dig, more so than most of the players around him.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:21 pm

Was at the game, for mine Lui was our best tonight, I will still stick with my comment that when his contract is up next he will be one of the most sought after player in the game (he is contracted to the end of 2012).

Galloway and Gibbs were very good. Also impressed with Woods and Fulton looked good when he was on.

The rest weren't so good tonight but I for one will not give up on them.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:19 am

i'm a fan of lui. he is definitely our long-term future at halfback

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:29 am

Kul wrote:sorry, didn't see him
and unlike most here, it seems I didn't jizz my pants at his 1 run for 5m in the first half
I think your "president of Molt7 fan club" says it all. Your thoughts on Lui are biased and should be ignored. Like many on here, I thought he was terrific. As a site administrator, I would have thought you may choose better words than "jizz my pants" also. So, is this the standard that is allowed on here?

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:54 am

I've been a long critic of Lui's, but tonight he showed how far ahead he is of anyone else in the 7. Moltz should entertain the Bears me thinks. Shame to loose him, but we can't have both.

Thought he was out best tonight.

Can't agree with Gibbs though. Those DUMB penalties cost us! If it weren't for those then yes I would agree.

Heighno and KG played well as well.
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:08 am

Lui is probably best choice as first pick half back but needs to continue working on his defence though

red dogg

Post by red dogg » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:16 am

Allot of stupid penaltys and mistakes against a very clinical side, was the difference last night imo.
Out of first 6 fifth tackle kicks 1 was effective compared to every kick of bris.
We worked out of our own 20 constantly and when we were in there 20 we looked like we could score at will.
But at 16-6 that pathetic kick from farah, i believe, was what broke our back. A try we would of been 16-12 or atleast another repeat set where im sure we would of scored. Instead they went 100m in a set of 6 and score. Then next set the same to kick a feild goal going into the half 23-6.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:34 am

red dogg wrote:Allot of stupid penaltys and mistakes against a very clinical side, was the difference last night imo.
Out of first 6 fifth tackle kicks 1 was effective compared to every kick of bris.
We worked out of our own 20 constantly and when we were in there 20 we looked like we could score at will.
But at 16-6 that pathetic kick from farah, i believe, was what broke our back. A try we would of been 16-12 or atleast another repeat set where im sure we would of scored. Instead they went 100m in a set of 6 and score. Then next set the same to kick a feild goal going into the half 23-6.
This is a pretty fair assessment. Farah really muffed that kick. It was a turning point.

In saying that they were just better. Against another team we might have jagged a win but against the Broncos we needed to be a lot better.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:48 am

LCA wrote:
Kul wrote:sorry, didn't see him
and unlike most here, it seems I didn't jizz my pants at his 1 run for 5m in the first half
I think your "president of Molt7 fan club" says it all. Your thoughts on Lui are biased and should be ignored. Like many on here, I thought he was terrific. As a site administrator, I would have thought you may choose better words than "jizz my pants" also. So, is this the standard that is allowed on here?
I'd revise it to Molt14. Thats gonna end up his role methinks, and I think "jizz my pants" is a pretty apt statement, since many fellow forumers tend to have an almost ejaculate-like response whenever Lui throws a cut out pass.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:16 am

Lui is so far ahead of Moltzen at halfback it isn't funny. It's not even worth discussing.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:19 am

Kaiser wrote:I've been a long critic of Lui's, but tonight he showed how far ahead he is of anyone else in the 7. Moltz should entertain the Bears me thinks. Shame to loose him, but we can't have both.

Thought he was out best tonight.

Can't agree with Gibbs though. Those DUMB penalties cost us! If it weren't for those then yes I would agree.

Heighno and KG played well as well.
How many DUMB penaltys were there from gibbs?
I counted two, one was a breather penalty on the third where we were shot with them 20 out from our line, we were able to recompose our line and hed them out.
.The other was a soft BS pussy high shot that wouldnt knock the skin off a custard.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:01 pm

That high shot of Gibbs wasn't even high. It was a poor decision by the refs.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:06 pm

Exactly.
So one penalty was a poor decision by the official, the other a claculated tactical penalty to give his team a breather for a few seconds that probably saved a try and kept us in the game longer than we probably deserved.
Dumb?
No.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:11 pm

Gibbs was good. He really adds to our defensives line. Not big hits but solid defence and he works hard.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:13 pm

Lui was very sharp tonight. Best he has played all season. Streets ahead of Moltz at the moment for the 7 jumper.

Rob still has a lot of work to do but tonight was very promising.

Posted using RoarFEED

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 4:27 pm

innsaneink wrote:Exactly.
So one penalty was a poor decision by the official, the other a claculated tactical penalty to give his team a breather for a few seconds that probably saved a try and kept us in the game longer than we probably deserved.
Dumb?
No.

Seriously i dont even think the first penalty should have been given.Nothing in both it was suttor and even the commentators said he blows far to many penalties and after last night you cant argue with that.