Farah

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
tig_prmz

Re: Farah

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:39 pm

alexaki wrote:He needs to get his mind of SOO and think about playing well for the tigers once that is over his form will improve!

Posted using RoarFEED
How can you say he was thinking of SOO? Are you a mind-reader? Sorry, but it's premature to suggest that his mind is set on origin. Every player knows if they play well, the selectors will pick em and if they don't you cant do anything except be consistent.

Saying his mind is on SOO is premature.

On another note, I watched him closely tonight and I don't have any stats but before I thought he just scoots out of dummy-half whenever possible but geeze the runners don't make it easy for him. As Joey?? pointed out, Tigers lack communication deeply. Our game plan I think involves a lot of decoy runners but sometimes Robbie doesn't know who is the decoy and who to give the ball to. Eventually, it ends up being delievered to a flat footed forward who walks 5 metres and gets pushed back 10 (exaggeration).

I dont know whose fault it is but communication is a real downer.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:59 pm

been crap all year excepts souths game he is coming very close to being overated

travis_bickle

Post by travis_bickle » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:10 pm

alexaki wrote:He needs to get his mind of SOO and think about playing well for the tigers once that is over his form will improve!

Posted using RoarFEED
On current form(probably due to his groin) I don't think SOO is going to be an issue for Farah this year.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:14 pm

he has struggled ever since ennis took his spot ... robbie is a heap better player than ennis but on form he isnt a chance at cracking it ....but then again ennis isnt a walkup starter either. farah always looks like he is angry with the world , and not enjoying playing the game .. as for being quiet .. farah is the captain so it all starts with him .

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:31 pm

bigdamo wrote:been crap all year excepts souths game he is coming very close to being overated
He is overrated but only due to consistency. Against Souths he played like very few hookers can play. The problem is that he also has shockers and then plays like he did tonight - good but with that critical dumb play.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:05 am

Im gonna stir the boat a bit but I honestly dont think Farah has been the same player since he was dropped from origin 3 in 2009. Maybe its the fact he did what they wanted, he worked hard on his defence, doing more work and toughening up. But his flare in attack has totally gone down, or maybe opposition teams have just worked him out a bit.

In fairness to him he doesnt play behind the greatest pack in the NRL and we never really go forward and get quick play the balls which really hurts him but he rarely makes breaks anymore, and he really rarely also makes good metres out of dummy half. To go with that his mistake rate is really high and has cost us.

I know he finished top few in the NRL Dally M last year but I even felt last year he wasnt unbelievable...probably still good, but if you compare him to a few years ago I believed he was close to the best player in the world. Opposition teams just couldnt know what he was doing everytime he touched it.

This is the first year that If i was being honest id say he doesnt deserve to be picked for origin.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:07 am

tig_prmz wrote:

Posted using RoarFEED
How can you say he was thinking of SOO? Are you a mind-reader? Sorry, but it's premature to suggest that his mind is set on origin. Every player knows if they play well, the selectors will pick em and if they don't you cant do anything except be consistent.

Saying his mind is on SOO is premature.

On another note, I watched him closely tonight and I don't have any stats but before I thought he just scoots out of dummy-half whenever possible but geeze the runners don't make it easy for him. As Joey?? pointed out, Tigers lack communication deeply. Our game plan I think involves a lot of decoy runners but sometimes Robbie doesn't know who is the decoy and who to give the ball to. Eventually, it ends up being delievered to a flat footed forward who walks 5 metres and gets pushed back 10 (exaggeration).

I dont know whose fault it is but communication is a real downer.
Our communication was disgusting at times Maybe too many cooks spoiling the broth

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:31 am

i don't know what is causing the communication issues, perhaps too many changes week to week in the team.

that being said, farah is not thinking about SOO, but he IS struggling with injury. he hasn't been the same player since the back operation and he is carrying some pretty serious groin and hip injuries and will be all throughout the year. only surgery will clean these two up but that would rule him out and i think the theory is half a farah is better than no farah. the guy is tough...

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:50 am

the 20mins after half time... but his first 40 and final 20 were poor! I think he needs to take a step back and stop over doing it.
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:58 am

Farah relies on our go forward in attack and we have very little at the moment . He is carrying injury . Getting a bit sick of him going from dummy half from close to the line He should maybe do it once every two or 3 weeks to really try and catch teams out with it . What would be more effective in those situations would be is to fake and then hit a hard running forward coming at an angle IE Fifita or Woods back where the player would be coming from (One off the ruck ) in the defensive line

AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:06 am

At times I think he doesn't want to give it to Marshall...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:55 am

Kaiser wrote:At times I think he doesn't want to give it to Marshall...
Yeah - we are on their line with Benji Marshall outside of you and you go for the grubber on the 4th tackle. Why ?

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:54 am

angeman wrote:i don't know what is causing the communication issues, perhaps too many changes week to week in the team.

that being said, farah is not thinking about SOO, but he IS struggling with injury. he hasn't been the same player since the back operation and he is carrying some pretty serious groin and hip injuries and will be all throughout the year. only surgery will clean these two up but that would rule him out and i think the theory is half a farah is better than no farah. the guy is tough...

Anyone can see that he is playing injured. He is not doing himself or the team any good by playing. Get the groin fixed Robbie and come back at the same time as Lawrence and Lote. Only then will we see the best of Farah.

Sheens is the coach. Make him have the operation Tim for God's sake and for all of us.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:50 am

He has not been great but the last two week the reffs have let the opposition lay over the player tackled and loiter in the PTB without penalty. Add that to Thaiday being offside all game and it is a good recipie for Robbie being quiet. When he has to drift into the halves to get touches there is nothing doing at the PTB

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:24 am

We were up high and Thaiday was at least 2 metres in front of the ref the whole first half.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:34 am

Again it comes back to the physicality the rest of the team play with. Marshall, Lui & Farah are attacking geniuses, if the rest of side do their job, tackle hard, run the ball hard and compete physically, no side in the NRL can stop them. If the rest of the blokes aren`t prepared to show a bit of heart and compete physically it makes it very hard for our playmakers.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:17 pm

magpiecol wrote:
angeman wrote:i don't know what is causing the communication issues, perhaps too many changes week to week in the team.

Anyone can see that he is playing injured. He is not doing himself or the team any good by playing. Get the groin fixed Robbie and come back at the same time as Lawrence and Lote. Only then will we see the best of Farah.

Sheens is the coach. Make him have the operation Tim for God's sake and for all of us.

agreed. you think they would have booked him in as early as possible. especially with so many out and chances of us winning lowered a fair bit...

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:22 pm

Kaiser wrote:At times I think he doesn't want to give it to Marshall...
that ^
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble