Farah

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Lukic
Member
Member
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Farah

Post by Lukic » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:02 pm

A few things worth pointing out:

1. Farah tries to kick the ball way too hard on his long kicks. You watch him lash out at the ball when he's in a bad position and it leads to losing a lot of power and a lot of shanks. He should learn from the way blokes like Lockyer, Soward and Mullen kick it. They've got booming boots yet it looks like they only tap the ball. It's about timing, Farah's leg is more than strong enough yet if you want to kill the ball a 50m dead, more often than not, the balls going to screw off to the side.

2. Arguably Farah's strongest ability was being able to engage the markers and find chinks in the defence from dummy-half with his quick, selective running. It's clear he can't run at 100% and he's lost a few yards of pace with the injury. Yes he's a very good ball player and can play at first and second receiver, but everyone knows that his playmaking and running out of dummy half was his strength. When you lose your strongest asset, everything else falls off as well.

3. As stated earlier in the thread, Farah's probably hindered by having quality playmakers such as Lui, Marshall and Moltzen in the team. Farah's the building block rather than the last tile on the roof. Its not surprise that his best games/patches etc coincided with being the only dominant player in the side. When Johnny Morris and other average joes we've had in the past were in the key spine positions. Farah ran the show his way and he could do as he pleased, there wasn't strong conflicting play calls across the other side of the field so it was up to him to create and it suited him really well.

At this stage, the groin injury is definitely the most important thing to tend to. Ostetis pubis is a **** of a thing to have and without extended rest and treatment, you'll never be above 65-70%. I don't want a 65% Farah for the whole season when I could have a 95-100% Farah for the last 10 weeks.


User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 9:24 am

Lukic - thats a pretty large post which doesn't get anywhere near what is wrong with Farah.

The problem if simply his poor options predominately in the opposition 20 metre line which is related to the worst short kicking game in the NRL at this point.

Who knows if he has a groin injury or if he is thinking about SOO but neither reason has anything to do with taking poor option after poor option when we are in a position to score.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28901
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 10:43 am

Who knows if he has a groin injury??????
Have you been on Mars?
Its been well documented.
Its not about taking poor options...the options in many instances are the correct one, executing that option, as you say his kicking - when he has a groin injury is always going to be the difficult part.

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 11:35 am

innsaneink wrote:Who knows if he has a groin injury??????
Have you been on Mars?
Its been well documented.
Its not about taking poor options...the options in many instances are the correct one, executing that option, as you say his kicking - when he has a groin injury is always going to be the difficult part.
I think it is - he simply doesn't pass it enough to our best attacking players when we are on the attack in the opposition twenty. Add to that his short kicking game is absolutely terrible at this point in time.

As for the groin injury - he was fantastic against Souths. Who knows how bad it is. There always seems to be injury excuses for his poor play going on a couple of years now. Against the broncos I thought his overall game was pretty good - no missed tackles and no real poor mistakes apart from that kick. The problem is that kick was a complete and utter shocker.

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 5092
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 12:17 pm

Farah needs to get off the field and get fixed because he is doing no one any favours ..if it takes 6 weeks so be it. I think the team will still progress...


User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 7:15 pm

Snake wrote:Farah needs to get off the field and get fixed because he is doing no one any favours ..if it takes 6 weeks so be it. I think the team will still progress...
Yet again the assumption is that he has an injury problem and yet again I wonder if there is any truth in it. I remember at some point he had a back injury that required surgery. The surgery never happened.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40477
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 8:33 pm

The big thing we don't know is if he is getting needled each game for his groin . If he isgetting needled having control of his short kicking game would be incredibly hard as a touch too hard or too soft and kick will be ineffective . Farah may not be playing great but at least he is having a go

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29177
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 8:38 pm

tiger05 wrote:
Snake wrote:Farah needs to get off the field and get fixed because he is doing no one any favours ..if it takes 6 weeks so be it. I think the team will still progress...
Yet again the assumption is that he has an injury problem and yet again I wonder if there is any truth in it. I remember at some point he had a back injury that required surgery. The surgery never happened.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -j0kr.html

Yes it did.....

As for the groin....surgery is 1 option but not required in all cases....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 1:22 pm

tiger05 wrote:
Kaiser wrote:At times I think he doesn't want to give it to Marshall...
Yeah - we are on their line with Benji Marshall outside of you and you go for the grubber on the 4th tackle. Why ?
Because if you give to Benji Marshall every single time it gets very predictable. The grubber wasn't a bad option - if it was done well it could easily have led to a try or at worst, a drop out. That kind of a kick on 4th tackle is not really that crazy, it was just a bad kick.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28901
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 3:22 pm

tiger05 wrote:
Yet again the assumption is that he has an injury problem and yet again I wonder if there is any truth in it. I remember at some point he had a back injury that required surgery. The surgery never happened.
Yet again you prove you have NFI!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1ctbi.html
.....He appears to have three options: immediate surgery, which would sideline him for about six weeks; play on with a vastly reduced training program; or have the PRP therapy, which has helped golfer Tiger Woods in the past.....
''Obviously that's a big issue for us,'' Farah said. ''I spoke to [coach Tim Sheens], and as long as I can keep going while all those boys are out … Hopefully I pull up all right and just keep going.

''I'll try and go all year if I can, and get it done in the off-season. If it does become a problem, I'll get it done.''

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 3:35 pm

innsaneink wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
Yet again the assumption is that he has an injury problem and yet again I wonder if there is any truth in it. I remember at some point he had a back injury that required surgery. The surgery never happened.
Yet again you prove you have NFI!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1ctbi.html
.....He appears to have three options: immediate surgery, which would sideline him for about six weeks; play on with a vastly reduced training program; or have the PRP therapy, which has helped golfer Tiger Woods in the past.....
''Obviously that's a big issue for us,'' Farah said. ''I spoke to [coach Tim Sheens], and as long as I can keep going while all those boys are out … Hopefully I pull up all right and just keep going.

''I'll try and go all year if I can, and get it done in the off-season. If it does become a problem, I'll get it done.''
Ink - You are a superstar on this forum. You continually help me understand what is going with my Footy team. Thanks for your help.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28901
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 5:51 pm

tiger05 wrote:
Ink - You are a superstar on this forum. You continually help me understand what is going with my Footy team. Thanks for your help.
Ignorance is one thing champ, making up straight out BS is another.
Youre only proving what a fool you are.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40477
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 6:06 pm

innsaneink wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
Ink - You are a superstar on this forum. You continually help me understand what is going with my Footy team. Thanks for your help.
Ignorance is one thing champ, making up straight out BS is another.
Youre only proving what a fool you are.
Thanks Ink i was beginning to think I was the only sane one This guy will have Moltzen getting Dally M shortly

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 6:08 pm

innsaneink wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
Ink - You are a superstar on this forum. You continually help me understand what is going with my Footy team. Thanks for your help.
Ignorance is one thing champ, making up straight out BS is another.
Youre only proving what a fool you are.
Ink we are all fools next to you. Your brilliance amazes me.

Ink - super poster on the wests tigers forum for 2011.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7986
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 7:24 pm

Image
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
tigergirlz
Member
Member
Posts: 2627
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:09 pm

Post by tigergirlz » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 7:30 pm

Who is Tiger05 and does he enjoy life?

angeman
Member
Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 7:14 am

Post by angeman » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 8:12 pm

farah is carrying three injuries - back (which will remain with him, like Mini), groin (osteo pubis) and hib (labrum). the first one you can play through not great when you are older though! the second two you can play on with but not at your full potential (as we can see). if he has surgery 6 weeks would be an absolute minimum but more like 10-12.

he is a tough dude for playing through the pain but it is having an impact in defence (not missed tackles but more of not hitting as hard), kicking, but also his speed out of dummy half. the question for me is whether he should have been booked for surgery as early as possible. only the club doctors would know what's best (i guess)

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 9:22 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Who is Tiger05 and does he enjoy life?
I love life. I have a beautiful wife and 3 lovely kids and I am a long life tigers supporter.

Sometimes I don't feel up to posting on this forum with some of the brilliant posters like Ink but I will give it a shot.

Post Reply