Simon Dwyer

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Yossarian

Simon Dwyer

Post by Yossarian » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:32 pm

Was it just me or were his defensive efforts tonight not up to NRL standard? Maybe I'm blaming him when he wasn't to blame but he seemed to miss a few up the guts that led to line breaks.

steven_tiger

Post by steven_tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:40 pm

He wsn't alone.

Ayshford missed 6 tackles.

Ellis and Galloway 5.

Dwyer and Farah 4.

On the positive, Heighno 37 made, 0 missed. Fifita 33 made 1 missed.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:44 pm

I thought he was alright tonight.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:47 pm

steven_tiger wrote:He wsn't alone.

Ayshford missed 6 tackles.

Ellis and Galloway 5.

Dwyer and Farah 4.

On the positive, Heighno 37 made, 0 missed. Fifita 33 made 1 missed.
Ayshford was up against Hodges. He was always going to lead that stat. Best centre in the game when fit.

Dreamers

Post by Dreamers » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:00 pm

Dwyer took up the ball at the 43 minute and exactly 20 minites later 63min he decided to run again,he also had a bad game

Kickme

Post by Kickme » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:49 pm

Dreamers wrote:Dwyer took up the ball at the 43 minute and exactly 20 minites later 63min he decided to run again,he also had a bad game
Dreamer you don't have a clue. Read the game plan. The left hand side hardly seen the ball all night.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:52 pm

Dwyer was ordinary, but he wasn't the only one. Shirt grabbing seemed to be par for the course tonight.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:54 pm

I'll repeat what I said a few weeks ago he is NOT an 80 minute player in forwards

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:26 am

dwyer is definitely one for the future but sometimes has the tendency to arm grab in defence. give him another year or so... i would still prefer him coming off the bench especially with fulton now back

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:50 am

I think Dwyer shows a lot of promise but for mine as soon as Fulton is match fit, Dwyer is no longer in the starting line up. Fulton is too good a defender to not have on the park for the majority of the game and Dwyer will not make the starting side in front of either Ellis or Rhino.

Dwyer off the bench may even be better for him. I stil think when BMM is fit, Dwyer may even struggle for a spot on the bench. BMM is a gun and will take 1 spot on the bench. With Payten, Woods, Fifita all fit Dwyer is no certainty to be in our top 17.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 9:02 am

sunshine coast tiger wrote:I think Dwyer shows a lot of promise but for mine as soon as Fulton is match fit, Dwyer is no longer in the starting line up. Fulton is too good a defender to not have on the park for the majority of the game and Dwyer will not make the starting side in front of either Ellis or Rhino.

Dwyer off the bench may even be better for him. I stil think when BMM is fit, Dwyer may even struggle for a spot on the bench. BMM is a gun and will take 1 spot on the bench. With Payten, Woods, Fifita all fit Dwyer is no certainty to be in our top 17.
Fulton should start simply on the basis of being an 80 minute player.

As should Ellis, who only seems to come off if he is hurt.

Dwyer off the bench is where it's at. Also gives him a licence to flog his guts out, as he knows he'll get rested.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:31 pm

ONLY PROBLEM with Simon Dwyer is that we don`t have another couple of players like him.

sid

Post by sid » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:53 pm

I thought Dwyer went OK in a well beaten side I believe we can come home with a wet sail as the troops we get back start to get match fit , disappointing we don,t have more consistency in our defensive commitment such as the storm dragons or Brisbane have no secret why they are at the top of the table .

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:I'll repeat what I said a few weeks ago he is NOT an 80 minute player in forwards

hes still young.He needs a couple of nrl seasons under his belt and then hell be an 80 minute player.But yes at the moment,once fultons matchfit id start him and have dwyer on the bench.

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 2:44 pm

i thought he went quite well. he hammered hannant a few times and was making good contact for me. maybe on tv it looked different. he and ellis def. hit the hardest out of our forwards, at least at the ground it seems to me.

and did he not save a try when he tackled yoh yeh? that was dwyer wasn't it? he was under the posts otherwise
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

weststigerman

Post by weststigerman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 3:30 pm

I noticed it too. He has real problems with defense. Even when players were running at him, I noticed Galloway and co making the tackles and Dwyer stays out of it.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 5:15 pm

By my count he made 12 tackles in the first half and 17 in the second. I was at the game and I have to say I didn't notice him do that many tackles, I watched the game again on tele and came up with that stat although some were tackle assists. In attack Lui used him as a decoy runner most of the time and I guess that was the game plan which if it is should be reviewed as IMO he should be used a lot more, make him work harder, he is big enough to hold a bull out to p--s. I can see why some have suggested he would be a better bench player coming on for 'shock' value perhaps. If he continues to start the game there are opportunities for him to get involved more if he develops the drive.