ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
steven_tiger

Fowards

Post by steven_tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:45 pm

Played like pillows the last two weeks.

Against Souths we steamrolled their 'gun' forward pack.

Last week EVERYONE was rubbish.

This week, bar Galloway and Woods (and Gibbs .. just) everyone was totally ineffective.

Fifita made 5 hitups. 5!

Bar those 10 minutes at the start of the 2nd half we could barely get into the Broncos half.

Same for last week. I seriously can't remember the Tigers having a set of 6 inside the Titan's half after the 11th minute.

We can't blame this on injuries either - it was basically our full strength pack bar Payten.

seadoggy

Post by seadoggy » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:48 pm

we just can't match other sides for physicality, we can't contest high balls successfully and our backs are ponderous ........ I really can't see a top eight finish this year

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:48 pm

I sort of disagree. They weren't good but some of them weren't bad.

Galloway, Woods, Ellis, Gibbs, Fulton, Rhino and Dwyer were all in my opinion good. Fifita was poor.

I don't think the forward grunt was what was to blame.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:50 pm

Fifita wasn't poor. We just didn't have the ball when he was on the field. He made one less tackle than Farah and played half the time.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:51 pm

Don't think Ellis had the grunt in defense tonight, and there seemed to be a lack of forward defensive power on the edges. On the TV it looked like they were all bunched around the middle and put pressure on our pretty mild backline defence.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:59 pm

The fowards were rubbish tonight we did not push the broncos back one time , and where in the hell did we get this jumper pulling lark is this a new Sheens tactic grab them and they will fall over . we need to get rid of some of these pussycats and get some guys with some mongeral in there. as for moltzen god help us

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 9:59 pm

We are really soft up the middle and teams are making too many easy yards . Seemed to tighten up when Fulton came on . But our defence is only as good as the kicking game before hand and as usual it was sub NRL standard . Would rather have Moltzen hoof it dead at the moment . Personally I think our kicking game is the worst in NRL and it shows week after week

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:01 pm

Oh by the way Does anyone think that Fifita is worth 350000 after last two weeks performances . No No and No

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:03 pm

Theres only 1 bloke in our side who consistently RUNS onto the ball. Simon Dwyer. he just doesnt do it often enough.

The rest of them usually take off from a standing start and try to push their way forward.

It really peeves me!

In defense some have mongrel but mostly when we tackle we lay them down nice and comfortably.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:27 pm

Don't like singling out players but Fifita is going backwards, if he doesn't start running straight and hard more often it's ta ta for him imo.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:38 pm

The go forward is absolutely terrible. I don`t care what stats say, but why is Galloway jogging when he gets the football and why is Fafita constantly running sideways? Very faint hearted performances by the two of them and if the two biggest men in your forward pack don`t have a go it makes it very hard on the rest of the forwards!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:42 pm

Vicious wrote:The go forward is absolutely terrible. I don`t care what stats say, but why is Galloway jogging when he gets the football and why is Fafita constantly running sideways? Very faint hearted performances by the two of them and if the two biggest men in your forward pack don`t have a go it makes it very hard on the rest of the forwards!
Sorry mate I thought Keefy was in our best 2 tonight

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:44 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Vicious wrote:The go forward is absolutely terrible. I don`t care what stats say, but why is Galloway jogging when he gets the football and why is Fafita constantly running sideways? Very faint hearted performances by the two of them and if the two biggest men in your forward pack don`t have a go it makes it very hard on the rest of the forwards!
He`s such a big man he still makes an impact, but you cannot tell me he`s running the ball as hard as he can???
When he does decide to run the ball hard & straight he`s the worlds best prop, but it frustrates me to see him jog trotting on 50% of his hit ups.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:46 pm

Our forwards are average. They are all ok individually but we really have no metres in us at all. Broncos make 60+ metres a set (although they do get alot of help from good runs from the backs...we dont).

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:47 pm

Vicious wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
He`s such a big man he still makes an impact, but you cannot tell me he`s running the ball as hard as he can???
When he does decide to run the ball hard & straight he`s the worlds best prop, but it frustrates me to see him jog trotting on 50% of his hit ups.
Keefy was never Usain Bolt to start with Vicious

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:49 pm

i kind of agree Vicious....Keefy makes a lot of yards but he could make even more if he ran it hard.

He does jog it up a lot..

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:51 pm

Seriously, there are more concerning issues than Galloway.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:51 pm

tiger05 wrote:I sort of disagree. They weren't good but some of them weren't bad.

Galloway, Woods, Ellis, Gibbs, Fulton, Rhino and Dwyer were all in my opinion good. Fifita was poor.

I don't think the forward grunt was what was to blame.
7 of our forwards were good . 1 was poor ... and we got owned ,,,,,are you just geeing us up ? you could not have watched this game