Fowards

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
tig_prmz

Re: Fowards

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:53 pm

stryker wrote:i kind of agree Vicious....Keefy makes a lot of yards but he could make even more if he ran it hard.

He does jog it up a lot..
It's not just him, except for Dwyer I don't think any of our forwards run the ball hard at the line. Sometimes Ellis does, but they either get the ball flat footed or jog it up there and then leg drive to go forward. Heighington does that a lot. Fifita is always flat footed for some reason. Ellis is not getting the ball at speed, is often flat footed since his return.

Ever since the Rabbitohs game, Dwyer has been running hard at the line non-stop.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

TIGERDAVIS

Post by TIGERDAVIS » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:23 pm

Who are your favourite forwards and the ones who you think will win us a premeirship??

Posted using RoarFEED
GO THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS!!

Ready to roar like never before. Bring on 2012!

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:32 pm

Ellis this year has been half the player he was last year and that is being generous - I think its probably the injuries but he has been the real dissapointment this year in attack mainly but also in defence

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:36 pm

When the other side runs the ball harder & tackles harder it doesn`t give your playmakers & backs much of a chance, i`ll tell you that much!

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:37 pm

tiger tigers wrote:
tiger05 wrote:I sort of disagree. They weren't good but some of them weren't bad.

Galloway, Woods, Ellis, Gibbs, Fulton, Rhino and Dwyer were all in my opinion good. Fifita was poor.

I don't think the forward grunt was what was to blame.
7 of our forwards were good . 1 was poor ... and we got owned ,,,,,are you just geeing us up ? you could not have watched this game
They weren't on fire but I don't think that was the problem. It was a grinding game which doesn't seem to suit Fifita. Ellis is just coming back as was Gibbs & Fulton. Dwyer tried hard.

I think we lost because Lockyer was on fire. Hodges & Yow Yee owned Ayshford and Benji.There were a number of factors but I don't blame the forwards.

Brisbane looked a well drilled squad. We did not but we have had a lot of injuries plus our top two players really didn't perform.

It showed us how many holes we have in our team at this point. That can change.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:41 pm

tiger05 wrote:
tiger tigers wrote:
tiger05 wrote:I sort of disagree. They weren't good but some of them weren't bad.

Galloway, Woods, Ellis, Gibbs, Fulton, Rhino and Dwyer were all in my opinion good. Fifita was poor.

I don't think the forward grunt was what was to blame.
7 of our forwards were good . 1 was poor ... and we got owned ,,,,,are you just geeing us up ? you could not have watched this game
They weren't on fire but I don't think that was the problem. It was a grinding game which doesn't seem to suit Fifita. Ellis is just coming back as was Gibbs & Fulton. Dwyer tried hard.

I think we lost because Lockyer was on fire. Hodges & Yow Yee owned Ayshford and Benji.There were a number of factors but I don't blame the forwards.

Brisbane looked a well drilled squad. We did not but we have had a lot of injuries plus our top two players really didn't perform.

It showed us how many holes we have in our team at this point. That can change.
As I just stated in my above post, the Broncos ran the ball much harder than we did & tackled much harder than we did.
I can tell you it`s not Benji`s job to be running the ball hard & tackling hard, he`s the one who creates the majority of our points once the rest of the team are doing their job. Now i`ll tell you that ONLY 2 of our forwards constantly run hard & tackle hard & dominate the play the ball, they are Gareth Ellis & Simon Dwyer and then I read some people bagging Simon Dwyer??? Unbelievable!!!

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:13 am

sjtiger wrote:Seriously, there are more concerning issues than Galloway.
Yeah definetly...but imagine what a weapon he could be if he ran it like Sammy does.

I dont understand the bagging of Dwyers game either Vicious...like I said earlier, he is pretty much the only forward who consistently has a head of steam up when he recieves the ball.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:15 am

stryker wrote:
Yeah definetly...but imagine what a weapon he could be if he ran it like Sammy does.

I dont understand the bagging of Dwyers game either Vicious...like I said earlier, he is pretty much the only forward who consistently has a head of steam up when he recieves the ball.
Stryker I honestly believe that he is at just about full tilt every run He just not that quick imo Much like Skando was

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:18 am

happy tiger wrote:
stryker wrote:

Stryker I honestly believe that he is at just about full tilt every run He just not that quick imo Much like Skando was
Watch again, I can tell you that KG is nowhere near full tilt when he runs the ball.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:23 am

I can't believe the criticism of KG. 150 meters in a beaten side. Watch the game FFS.

We have absolutely zero go forward when he is off the field. None.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:27 am

We arent coached to run hard, we are coached to surrender

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:29 am

fergiefurr wrote:We arent coached to run hard, we are coached to surrender
It does seem that way.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:37 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:I can't believe the criticism of KG. 150 meters in a beaten side. Watch the game FFS.

^^^^^^^^^^this

Galloway and Woods...the future
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

guesty123

Post by guesty123 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:57 am

Forwards in order of 1-10 my favourites

1. heighington
2. Fulton
3. Woods
4. Ellis
5. Galloway
6. Gibbs
7. Moors
8. Fifita
9. Dwyer
10. Murdoch-Masle (havent seen enough of him)

Not going to lie but i would like to see moors get a go again, he always ran so hard...

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:07 am

We got dominated by their forwards, our tackling and wrap up of the ball was terrible, SO many offloads in the first 20. Benji kicked for touch after 25 minutes, we were tired. This, btw, was directly after a 20m tap, where we sucked in some air. The next set we conceded the Thaiday try with the Yow Yeh linebreak.

Honestly, not only did they seem to not be aggressive, they tired early. I don't know what the hell is going on, but if you consider Souths buckled, we haven't played good footy since Lawrence did his hip. Not saying its the reason, just interesting that literally the minute he got taken off the field our performances in general have gone way downhill.

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:35 am

i actually think we are building a very nice forward pack - ellis was injured and fulton lacking match fitness last night - but the future is good

gibbs - line speed and aggro in defence
galloway - realising his potential as a big unit!
fifita - off the bench please where he can swat away opposition players like flies
dwyer - love him running onto the ball at speed
fulton - tackles and tackles and tackles
payten - he is a true leader (but ageing obviously)
heighno - workhorse
ellis - love his defence. you can hear the hits from the stands!

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:08 pm

Nick Kenny and Dane Carlaw who the Broncos pulled out of the retirement home made our forwards look like weak little kittens.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:13 pm

Geo. wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:I can't believe the criticism of KG. 150 meters in a beaten side. Watch the game FFS.

^^^^^^^^^^this

Galloway and Woods...the future
I agree. I always rated Fifita as a better longer term prospect because he is flashier but I am starting to think Galloway and Woods will mean we always get good go forward. Add Gibbs who is a workhouse and then another prop and we have a really good prop rotation.