Gift tries

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Bismark

Re: Gift tries

Post by Bismark » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:18 am

Pierre M7 wrote:soft defence? you go defend better then ffs, broncos attack was just to good and outplayed us
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAre you serious? The broncos had 2 knock ons and a forward pass in our 20m zone in the opening 15 minutes. They cruised down to our end of the field. If anything, its a wonder how they scored 1 try in the 2nd half. You cannot serious play the "they tried their hardest" card. They really didn't tonight. The Thaiday try, I don't even know how I feel about that. I remember one instance where they kicked high in the air and we caught it.

We were terrible.

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 4:56 am

We scored more points than any other team against the Broncos this season. We lost because our defence was woeful at times and we gave them five soft tries. Not one of those tries came on the back of any particularly good attacking play by the Broncos. Also, The Broncos have only played teams in the bottom half of the table so far.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:19 am

Their second try was a FARCE. At no time did I see the ball hit the white line and did anybody see the reaction on the face of the Brisbane player who scored? Didn't look excited at all, and what didn't help was listening to that fatso Gould explain for five minutes why it was a try when there was clearly no evidence of a try.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:37 am

We were sitting right where Ryan steps out of the ingoal and thrusts the ball forward to throw a dummy to no one I know who the Dummy is .The tackler treated him as he should have a GOOSE!

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 4:01 pm

hadds75 wrote:The last try was really poor communication between a few people. The Broncos packed the scrum 10m out with 3 guys on the blind side and we had 1 (Utai). Obviosuly benji was going across to cover as well but they also had Wallace or whoever picked it up. Real poor communication, potentially from Utai or benji not to spot it. I
Spot on hadds - I read that Lockyer "ghosted through" - well Rowdy could have run through that hole in his current state!!!!

I was screaming to number up - but with Aysh at lock in the scrum we had 4 on 1 against us on a wide short side!!!

I cannot believe the sole defender Utai was not screaming the same as myself!!

That was brain-dead crap - and the fullback needs to take alot of the blame as any good no. 1 will identify short numbers and direct the defensive line + at least attempt to cover the gap themself!!!

Didn't the open-side defenders realise that they had a 6 on 3 advantage & extrapolate from that the blind-side was deserted????

Worst defensive play I have seen from us in years!!!

We were still in with a shout at that stage - but that ended any unlikely comeback in its tracks!!