SINGLING OUT PLAYERS WHEN WE LOSE

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
tigergirlz

SINGLING OUT PLAYERS WHEN WE LOSE

Post by tigergirlz » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:05 pm

IMO the whole team lacked direction, mongrel, enthusiasm etc. There weren't many who would walk off feeling proud of their efforts tonight.
However, I am starting to get a bit tired of the crucifixion (maybe a good time of year to use this word) of individual players when we lose.
Sure, criticise mistakes, but don't believe that individuals lose us games. :rant

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:11 pm

Good post! Yes, it is the team that wins or loses a game and the team effort just hasn't been there in the past couple of weeks.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

guesty123

Post by guesty123 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:13 pm

/adds

or individuals such as coaches

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:14 pm

Yeah that was a team effort loss...2 weeks ago EVERYONE was on fire.

It's amazing how quickly this side can fall in a heap. They can be spectacularly bad sometimes....

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:17 pm

I wonder what Sheens said to the boys before the game? he was shown having a sit down with Farah, Marshal, Lui and Moltzen. What was his strategy? Did they follow his plans?

IMO those guys were very disappointing in the first 40

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:20 pm

yes good post .... once again RUGBY LEAGUE WAS THE WINNER ... great game ,,,,,\
thats what you tell your unders 6s just after they have been mercied ....moltzens drop was the start of the rot....

scott2478

Post by scott2478 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:22 pm

ahh but i'm sure you will single out players to vote for in the player of the year lol

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:25 pm

Read the opening post in "Did Benji Play Tonight" and tell me that isn't a bit of rubbish crucifixion. Yes he was quiet - no doubt, but some of that comment is useless. Yes I will vote 3-2-1 etc, and criticise errors, but some personal slanging, like that about Moltzen (and no doubt Ryan, but I haven't read that stuff yet) - no

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:27 pm

I have no idea what's going wrong. Are Sheens' plans not working out or are they just not following them? It seems like the plans are good but the execution is just poor. It's like Benji and Farah know what to do on the 4th, 5th tackle but they just try to kill time until that.

Also, sometimes two guys know what they wanna do but others around them don't and it all turns into a mish-mash. I clearly have no idea what goes on off field but they always seem confident at the start of the game.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:30 pm

So when we win, we shouldnt single people out for praise either?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:34 pm

tigergirlz wrote:IMO the whole team lacked direction, mongrel, enthusiasm etc. There weren't many who would walk off feeling proud of their efforts tonight.
However, I am starting to get a bit tired of the crucifixion (maybe a good time of year to use this word) of individual players when we lose.
Sure, criticise mistakes, but don't believe that individuals lose us games. :rant
That's right Those poor players . Paid on average 3 times as much as average income and they get to do what they love week in week out . If they don't play well thats whats coming unfortunately sorry . When I have a bad day at work I have to hear about it from staff and customers Why can't they . They are endangered species they are a team that was 2nd favourite to win the comp a few weeks ago and if they like that week in week out they will lose a lot of games this year .No excuses anymore These big head big names need to stand up and lead this team properly not play like badly organized rabble

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:38 pm

sorry there big boys toughen up beau ryan should stick to being a clown and give up footy and our coach makeing moltzen fullback two weeks running great stuff

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:40 pm

tigergirlz wrote:IMO the whole team lacked direction, mongrel, enthusiasm etc. There weren't many who would walk off feeling proud of their efforts tonight.

2nd grade mistakes by 1st grade footballers brings the team down....Tonight I saw many 2nd grade mistakes that sapped the confidence, direction and enthusiasm out of the team!...and it started when Moltzen failed to contest the high ball that led to their first try....same thing happened last week when he failed to content the bomb and the ball bounced for a try...we are a confidence team and when we lose that we lose the game...So I take your point but when certain players make 2nd grade errors they should cop it here on the forum!

Dreamers

Post by Dreamers » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:48 pm

Toughen up boys and stop crying ,some off you should give your money back ,take the critisism like a man dont be so presures

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:51 pm

alexaki wrote:

2nd grade mistakes by 1st grade footballers brings the team down....Tonight I saw many 2nd grade mistakes that sapped the confidence, direction and enthusiasm out of the team!...and it started when Moltzen failed to contest the high ball that led to their first try....same thing happened last week when he failed to content the bomb and the ball bounced for a try...we are a confidence team and when we lose that we lose the game...So I take your point but when certain players make 2nd grade errors they should cop it here on the forum!
x2 exactly right Both games we have been in and the Moltzen can't even try and make a play at first bomb He obviously has some photos of Sheens in a compromised position Maybe with Fitzhenry ???

TigerDave81

Post by TigerDave81 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm not gonna single anyone out of the team, because I'm sure plenty of other people will after tonights performance, but when u get paid to do something, and pretty decent to, atleast have a go. That first half was poor. No passion and no guts!! 20,000 fans pay their cash, and spend their time to support you. Atleast have a dig. When we dont contest high balls and shirt grab, thats a joke!! Win lose or draw I don't care but put your bodies on the line!!!

Second half was so much better, but the refs deadest had it on for us!! Not blaming them, but they didn't help!!

Posted using RoarFEED

Dreamers

Post by Dreamers » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:53 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Read the opening post in "Did Benji Play Tonight" and tell me that isn't a bit of rubbish crucifixion. Yes he was quiet - no doubt, but some of that comment is useless. Yes I will vote 3-2-1 etc, and criticise errors, but some personal slanging, like that about Moltzen (and no doubt Ryan, but I haven't read that stuff yet) - no

If you did something wrong at work i am sure you boss would have you in his office ,so say it as it is dont beat around the bush stand up and be counted ,stop pussy foot around the problems ,Sheens is part of the problem same stuff every year

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:17 pm

Here are some comments I just read:
Moltzen is a cat
Worst winger in the comp (and something about an iron lung)
Been crap all year (Robbie)
Criticism?? Not in my eyes. Personal attacks?? more like it.
If I did something wrong and my boss used comments like that I doubt I'd even know what the hell he/she meant.
Perhaps non-Tiger supporters make comments on this forum?