Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Mothermagpie

Re: SINGLING OUT PLAYERS WHEN WE LOSE

Post by Mothermagpie » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:21 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Here are some comments I just read:
Moltzen is a cat
Worst winger in the comp (and something about an iron lung)
Been crap all year (Robbie)
Criticism?? Not in my eyes. Personal attacks?? more like it.
If I did something wrong and my boss used comments like that I doubt I'd even know what the hell he/she meant.
Perhaps non-Tiger supporters make comments on this forum?

I have to agree with you tigergirlz

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:24 am

Mothermagpie wrote:
tigergirlz wrote:Here are some comments I just read:
Moltzen is a cat
Worst winger in the comp (and something about an iron lung)
Been crap all year (Robbie)
Criticism?? Not in my eyes. Personal attacks?? more like it.
If I did something wrong and my boss used comments like that I doubt I'd even know what the hell he/she meant.
Perhaps non-Tiger supporters make comments on this forum?

I have to agree with you tigergirlz
it is a fine line isn't it
- i don't believe moltzen is a cat but do believe he is lacking confidence and playing out of position
- i believe we have better options that ryan on the wing and that he wouldn't play if we were full strength
- i know farah has been quiet but also know that he is playing with both groin and hip injuries

its when we get emotional after a couple of losses do the comments become a bit more 'personal'

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:08 pm

Also, we can't keep making their confidence any worse than it would already be. Fans should be building our team up, not tearing them down. We all get angry and say some dumb things...all players have their good days and their great days, and not so good days. Frankly, thats why I stopped posting in here years ago!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 7:43 am

They get payed enough to cope the critism... If my employees turn up to work and dont execute thier day to day jobs 2 weeks in a row, they better get ready for a reving, kick in the arse or be prepared to lose thier jobs!!!

I for one dont realy think people on here hate the players. I feel the mojority of opinions against certain players stems from other people praising under performing players or vice versa. Moltzen is a great example... Not everyone thinks he is a superstar, yet others think the moment he runs out last night and did a few steps and sprints he had a blinder?!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 9:30 am

From now on when Farah kicks it dead when we are two metres from the opposition goal line with a set backline and Benji Marshall & Robert Lui outside him with more than one tackle left in the set I am going to say "Bravo - great play Robbie".

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 9:43 am

Ryan is the worst winger in the comp. It isn't a personal attack, it's a fact.

When you've played 60 odd first grade games and you are still making elementary mistakes like he does...something is obviously not right. He is not good enough.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 9:54 am

tiger05 wrote:From now on when Farah kicks it dead when we are two metres from the opposition goal line with a set backline and Benji Marshall & Robert Lui outside him with more than one tackle left in the set I am going to say "Bravo - great play Robbie".
The OP is stating individual players dont lose us games, as all the accusations last week concerning Payten alluded to.
We can either be mature enough to see a poor piece of play like the incident you mentioned, and criticise constructively while realising its a team sport, team effort and the team wins or the team loses, or can we respond immaturely like your post above.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 9:57 am

innsaneink wrote:
tiger05 wrote:From now on when Farah kicks it dead when we are two metres from the opposition goal line with a set backline and Benji Marshall & Robert Lui outside him with more than one tackle left in the set I am going to say "Bravo - great play Robbie".
The OP is stating individual players dont lose us games, as all the accusations last week concerning Payten alluded to.
We can either be mature enough to see a poor piece of play like the incident you mentioned, and criticise constructively, or can we respond immaturely like your post above.
I'm sorry if I sounded immature - I wasn't trying to be. I should have also mentioned Toddy's play the balls - they were fantastic and when the game is even with 5 minutes to go I think they were a real good effort that has no bearing on the outcome.

I love the Wests Tigers and losing from dumb plays is in my opinion no reason for criticism.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 5:54 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Ryan is the worst winger in the comp. It isn't a personal attack, it's a fact.

When you've played 60 odd first grade games and you are still making elementary mistakes like he does...something is obviously not right. He is not good enough.
Lol hes not the worst your been a bit harsh..... although i cant think of any hes better then at the moment.lol

Sheens is a very smart caoch there must be a reason he picks ryan.....Ryan went ok last year.....

He wont be in the team when lote comes back surely unless lote goes to fullback.

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 6:02 pm

tiger05 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
We can either be mature enough to see a poor piece of play like the incident you mentioned, and criticise constructively, or can we respond immaturely like your post above.
I'm sorry if I sounded immature - I wasn't trying to be. I should have also mentioned Toddy's play the balls - they were fantastic and when the game is even with 5 minutes to go I think they were a real good effort that has no bearing on the outcome.

I love the Wests Tigers and losing from dumb plays is in my opinion no reason for criticism.
Plenty of reasons for criticism 05!!! Some of your posts have been painfully ignorant & if you don't want criticism - don't make them in a public forum genius!!!

To suggest one poor kick from Farah should lead to a ban on his attacking kicking game is just bloody ridiculous!!! How many tries have Rob's kicks gifted us over his 149 previous games????

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 6:11 pm

Dreamers wrote:Toughen up boys and stop crying ,some off you should give your money back ,take the critisism like a man dont be so presures
I agree with your sentiment - but what the hell is "presures"????

Do you mean "Precious"?????

Please learn some simple spelling before typing - the level of literacy on this forum leaves me more depressed than the results!!!

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 6:58 pm

redemption wrote:
Dreamers wrote:Toughen up boys and stop crying ,some off you should give your money back ,take the critisism like a man dont be so presures
I agree with your sentiment - but what the hell is "presures"????

Do you mean "Precious"?????

Please learn some simple spelling before typing - the level of literacy on this forum leaves me more depressed than the results!!!
Red, I cant help it that I wasnt Proper Edumacated... :oops:
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 7:27 pm

redemption wrote:
tiger05 wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Plenty of reasons for criticism 05!!! Some of your posts have been painfully ignorant & if you don't want criticism - don't make them in a public forum genius!!!

To suggest one poor kick from Farah should lead to a ban on his attacking kicking game is just bloody ridiculous!!! How many tries have Rob's kicks gifted us over his 149 previous games????
Please. This is the typical ignorant post that is rampant on here. Go and watch the game against the dragons last year to see if we make the semis. Yet again Robbie's great short kicking game helped us out heaps. We more than likely score if he passes the ball but what does he do - he goes for the short kick and it is crap. At a crucial time he stuffs it.

If you want to keep being mediocre no problems but I want to win the comp.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 9:04 pm

Tiger05 - why aren't you the captain coach of the team. Your hindsight brilliance is fantastic.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 10:10 pm

tigergirlz wrote:Tiger05 - why aren't you the captain coach of the team. Your hindsight brilliance is fantastic.
I don't know. It might be Sheens - he has troubles picking the right team.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 10:12 pm

Sheens woouldn't be there if you were the coach :crazy

hooker

Post by hooker » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 10:17 pm

I don't know. It might be Sheens - he has troubles picking the right team.[/quote]

that was very funny.

good job.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 10:50 pm

tiger05 wrote:
tigergirlz wrote:Tiger05 - why aren't you the captain coach of the team. Your hindsight brilliance is fantastic.
I don't know. It might be Sheens - he has troubles picking the right team.
You don't know You should be loving the sides at the moment with Moltzen at fullback . Oh by the way How many games have we won with Moltzen at fullback and how many have we lost .