Fifita

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
hybrid_tiger

Fifita

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:57 pm

IMO his defense and work rate has improved out of sight this year. He looks fit, is playing much longer minutes and is often making three tackles a set at times.

However his attack seems to have suffered as a result, he is just not having the impact with ball in hand that he should.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:00 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:IMO his defense and work rate has improved out of sight this year. He looks fit, is playing much longer minutes and is often making three tackles a set at times.

However his attack seems to have suffered as a result, he is just not having the impact with ball in hand that he should.
I said this last week, as his defence has improved, he appears to crabwalk and rely on the fend as a weapon.

He needs to hit the line and hit it at speed like Dwyer.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:03 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:IMO his defense and work rate has improved out of sight this year. He looks fit, is playing much longer minutes and is often making three tackles a set at times.

I said this last week, as his defence has improved, he appears to crabwalk and rely on the fend as a weapon.

He needs to hit the line and hit it at speed like Dwyer.
Unlike Dwyer he needs to have much better ball security though

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:08 am

maybe the opposition are much more wary of him this year, and are beginning to handle him better, limit the metres he makes.
run straight, run hard, run at speed, then see how opponents cope with that.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:27 am

i prefer fifita coming in after 15-20 minutes when galloway comes off. just to keep the momentum going and because fifita's strength is fending and breaking the line whereas in the first part of the game it is more of a traditional prop (gibbs) role

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:37 am

Last night you would not have known he was on the field, his first stint was just non existent

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:03 am

Rate him high and hope he gets a good deal that keeps him at the club long term.
I see him in the future plans, hope the coach and such feel the same way.
He will get offers thrown at him from everywhere so hopefully he genuinely wants to stay with the tigers.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:46 am

He needs to take a look at Galloways running game in so far as big Keith hits the line and keeps moving forward, Fifita has to start using his legs more and trying to drive forward in attack while bringing the ball out of the Tigers half. The fend is a great weapon to have when isolating a player one on one, but all too often Fifita has 3 blokes hitting him at once.

While it was his defence which I was critical of last year, he's really worked hard on bringing it up to speed this season, he just needs to find a better balance with his running game.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:12 am

Might be time for a stint back on the bench to increase his effectiveness. I wouldn't expect miricles from young forwards. Took Galloway about 5 or 6 years in the grade to become a consistent starter. We showed paitence there and eventually it materialised. Fifita for mine would be better used in short burts off the bench. He is just struggling with the week in week out grind which is no surprise for a young forward in his second season

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:28 pm

Potentially a very good footballer and he`s shown plenty of glimpses of what he can do throughout this season. Back when he was playing u/20`s he got deep and steamed onto the football, was virtually uncontrollable and would have run through brick walls. Last night the way he was running the football he would not have broken through the banner they had for Farah`s 150th game!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:00 pm

That's because Sheens coached the hard running out of him. We are coached to surrender and not run hard.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:09 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:That's because Sheens coached the hard running out of him. We are coached to surrender and not run hard.
Well it worked in 2005!

Never mind that the game has slowed down ten fold since then...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:41 pm

Maybe he does not feel comfortable playing with less weight and is a bit offput with taking the line on because of it

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 2:47 pm

def better suited off the bench at this stage of his career anyway. when we get our full team back on deck and fit i think we will see that
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

everett

Post by everett » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 2:51 pm

Back on the bench and used as an impact player. Needs to run straight and hard every run.

Gibbs and Galloway should be the starting props until Blais joins us.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 3:23 pm

Heighington never surrenders...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:29 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:That's because Sheens coached the hard running out of him. We are coached to surrender and not run hard.
Well it worked in 2005!

Never mind that the game has slowed down ten fold since then...
it does seem like they are coached to drop doesn't it? as if to get a quick play the ball. instead it seems as though the opposition defenders lie on us forever. we need a power game plan in the forwards. hand that part of the game over to folkesy i reckon...

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:36 pm

I find that very hard to believe.