No thread about Marshall

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
southerntiger

No thread about Marshall

Post by southerntiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:22 am

Is he a protected speces? Terrible perormance.

Posted using RoarFEED

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:26 am

whats your point? - first player picked each week. :bash
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

DREW76

Post by DREW76 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:32 am

Did he even play?

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:36 am

AMX

My point is in analysing last nights game one player should have copped a bucketload of criticism.

Was non-existent in attack and missed crucial tackles in defence.

First player picked but was awful last night.

Posted using RoarFEED

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:37 am

he's not superman southern tiger
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:56 am

There was a thread about Marshall's performance last night. He is the least of our problems. He wasn't good last night but we didn't have a huge amount of territory or quick play the balls to work off. To be honest I thought Robbie Farah was more off colour, he took quite a few poor options.

Our forwards were comprehensively outplayed. Our whole attitude was soft. Broncos were bending us back, our line speed was poor and we made shirt grabbing tackles. It was out worst performance of the season and it started up front in the first 25 minutes. From then on we were playing catch up.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:00 am

He's been under instructions before, with robbie...when Lui's playing to take more of a back seat and allow Lui to take more control, i wonder if those instructions were there again lst night.
Was very quiet and its highlighted very much when he is quiet coz we threaten little

willow

Post by willow » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:20 am

I wouldn't say he was terrible, he certainly didn't cost the Tigers the game, but his attacking involvement was quiet and that certainly didn't do the team any favors. Half the time Marshall does something brilliant, or really well, it lifts the team and that didn't happen last night.

Be interesting to see how he goes against the Raiders next week as he has a very good record against them.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:26 am

I cannot believe what I read here sometimes???
Did you honestly watch the game???
When all of your team mates are getting phsically dominated by the opposition & the opposing defence is up in our playmakers face by the time they receive the ball there is only so much they can do.
Benji & Rob Lui are far and away the best halves combination in this competition, you get the rest of the team to give them some decent go forward, establish some decent field position and give them some willing ball runners and they are unstoppable.
The blokes who don`t want to tackle hard or gett deep and run onto the football with any venom are our problem!!!

jtigerman

Post by jtigerman » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:37 am

southerntiger wrote:Was non-existent in attack and missed crucial tackles in defence.
Try watching the game again. He was one of the very few players in the team who was actually trying to be aggressive in defence and get up in the oppositions face. Hodges shrugged him off on a couple of occasions but hodges has done that to much better defenders then Benji. In years gone by his defence has been deservedly criticized but over the last couple of years it has improved out of sight.

He did very, very little in attack but it isn't easy to dominate a match in which your forwards are going nowhere. I think Brisbane's defence deserves a lot of the credit for his quiet performance.

As for the protected species comment that made me laugh. Outside of Beau Ryan (and Moltzen this year) I reckon he would be close to the most criticized player on these forums.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:52 am

If Lockyer & Marshall swapped sides before the kick off last night, the Broncos would have put 50 points on us, put it that way!

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:05 pm

Marshall was quiet. He did try but he didn't try hard enough. As others have stated he is not the problem.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:17 pm

Dont agree Vic.

I love Benji and he is wonderful. He was so poor last night we all assumed he had the flu.

He may have been aggressive in defence but he missed two tackles that contributes to two Broncs tries last night.

I agree eddie that farahs form is a bigger issue has it has been a long term problem but Rob already had a thread devoted to him. Didnt see the Marshall thread.

Posted using RoarFEED

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:22 pm

southerntiger wrote:Dont agree Vic.

I love Benji and he is wonderful. He was so poor last night we all assumed he had the flu.

He may have been aggressive in defence but he missed two tackles that contributes to two Broncs tries last night.

I agree eddie that farahs form is a bigger issue has it has been a long term problem but Rob already had a thread devoted to him. Didnt see the Marshall thread.

Posted using RoarFEED
So are you telling me the rest of the side are playing with the physicality and aggression to compete with opposing sides and lay a decent platform for our playmakers?

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 12:28 pm

Theres no doubt we all "love" Benji, BUT, Benji was nowhere to be seen last night. Frankly I was embarassed with his performance. He has been off in the last two games, the team didn't have any spark last night. There was so much optimism at the beginning of the season for our club, but on recent performances, we seem to be going nowhere. I am stunned :crazy

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:11 pm

He just seems to lack complete interest in attack His defence i reckon is the best it has been in his career What happened to the Benji that organize inside and outside runners . We have injuries and that causes issues , but he still has Ellis , Fulton, Dwyer and Heighington to hit inside and outside runners He needs to take the line on at speed and footwork . This side at the moment has lots of issues and not long to fix them

balmainbenny

Post by balmainbenny » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:31 pm

I think its time for ----- - -- -- THE TEAM TO GO INTO CAMP, It hasn;t failed us yet !!

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 4:36 pm

he seemed to be barely given the ball and when he did get it he had a wall of bronco's around him