ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
willow

Tigers stats from the game

Post by willow » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:15 am

Some key stats to come out of the game for the Tigers (both good and bad):

Moltzen - 73 metres in attack, 2 linebreaks for his 2 tries, 12 tackles (Poor yardage with the ball (Beale made 147 metres), the lack of confidence at fullback says it all though, it affects the rest of his game)

Ryan - 62 metres in attack with 3 errors (not good enough)

Ayshford - 81 metres in attack, 18 tackles, 2 errors and a whopping 7 missed tackles (poor game last night with so many missed tackles, Hodges easily had his measure)

Brown - 53 metres in attack, 11 tackles and 3 missed tackles (Pretty quiet but relatively safe)

Utai - 111 metres in attack, 1 error, 1 linebreak, 6 tackles (good go forward once again)

Marshall - 65 metres in attack, 3 offloads, 15 tackles, 5 missed tackles, 1 error (pretty quiet and did not dominate the game in any way)

Lui - 49 metres in attack, 15 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 6 tackle breaks, 1 linebreak, 1 linebreak assist, 1 try assist, 2 errors (the Tigers main spark in attack last night)

Fifita - 33 metres in attack, 37 tackles (no go forward at all but very good defence)

Farah - 47 metres in attack, 37 tackles (too quiet in attack)

Galloway - 153 metres in attack, 34 tackles, 6 missed tackles (great go forward, high workrate but a high number of missed tackles)

Dwyer - 69 metres in attack, 34 tackles, 4 missed tackles (decent work rate but missed a few tackles)

Ellis - 98 metres in attack, 37 tackles, 3 missed tackles (good work rate, one of the Tigers better players)

Heighington - 107 metres in attack, 39 tackles, 3 offloads (one of the Tigers best last night)

Fulton - 37 metres in attack, 15 tackles, 4 tackle breaks (decent return from injury)

Gibbs - 63 metres in attack, 16 tackles (decent off the bench last night)

Woods - 69 metres in attack, 23 tackles (the only forward not to miss a tackle)

Meaney - 23 metres in attack

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:20 am

Our forwards outside of Galloway simply did not match Brisbane. They strolled down the field most sets. Our kicking game was poor however we were kicking off the back foot because of poor yardage and slow play the balls. You could tell from the first 10 minutes wee were off out game. NO line speed, and shirt grabbing efforts.

alex

Post by alex » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 11:27 am

Once again Woods stood up and was definitely one of the best forwards in the side. Should be in the side week in week out

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:25 pm

a few that things that really stood out to me last night were;
lack of real pace on the wings.
too much sideways running from andrew fifita, this guy has all the potential and should use his size, strength, fend and a bit of footwork to take on the ruck.
really poor kicking from robbie, leave the kicking to lui and benji.
lui is a must for halfback.
galloway and woods needs to be on the field for longer periods.
strange use of interchange, fulton and meaney hardly no match time.
dwyer should be running more at the inside backs.
and last but not least, giving away dumb penalties late in tackle counts ... ugh !!
I dislike sowfs immensely

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:27 pm

Was impressed with Woods last night and Fulton looked good for his first game back. As others have said Galloway was our best. For mine Ellis is down on form compared to last year. Dwyer looks good as a wide running forward and can make a great hit, unfortunately he misses a few tackles as well.

I can see why we are chasing Adam Blair so hard our pack lacks mongeral and he can bring it. I also thin BMM may bring some much needed go forward to our side, he will take time but he is good.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:32 pm

Blackpearl wrote:a few that things that really stood out to me last night were;
lack of real pace on the wings.
too much sideways running from andrew fifita, this guy has all the potential and should use his size, strength, fend and a bit of footwork to take on the ruck.
really poor kicking from robbie, leave the kicking to lui and benji.
lui is a must for halfback.
galloway and woods needs to be on the field for longer periods.
strange use of interchange, fulton and meaney hardly no match time.
dwyer should be running more at the inside backs.
and last but not least, giving away dumb penalties late in tackle counts ... ugh !!
I think that this is a pretty fair assessment of the game.

My main points that we need to focus on improving are:
1. Farah not kicking ever in the opposition 20 meter zone.
2. Fifita running the ball harder.
3. Benji's involvement in the game.

The positives that we need to continue with:
1. Galloways and Woods running of the footy.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:33 pm

Big call but players like Ellis when they are finished usually happens pretty quick as they are basically phsyically used up due to injuries and having such a high workrate and huge heart . I just got this feeling that he is on the downward spiral . I really hope I'm wrong but just have this feeling :pray:

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 1:52 pm

sunshine coast tiger wrote:Was impressed with Woods last night and Fulton looked good for his first game back. As others have said Galloway was our best. For mine Ellis is down on form compared to last year. Dwyer looks good as a wide running forward and can make a great hit, unfortunately he misses a few tackles as well.

I can see why we are chasing Adam Blair so hard our pack lacks mongeral and he can bring it. I also thin BMM may bring some much needed go forward to our side, he will take time but he is good.
x 2, on BMM is he ready to go soon ? i rate this bloke big time.
I dislike sowfs immensely

Paris Cobbs

Post by Paris Cobbs » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 12:36 am

happy tiger wrote:Big call but players like Ellis when they are finished usually happens pretty quick as they are basically phsyically used up due to injuries and having such a high workrate and huge heart . I just got this feeling that he is on the downward spiral . I really hope I'm wrong but just have this feeling :pray:
Too big a call, if you ask me. Ellis is still returning from injury, yet made 97 metres and 37 tackles. He didn't run off Benji last night, as he was doing last year, but neither did anyone else.
Cheering for the mighty Wests Tigers, all the way from France.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 6:09 pm

Paris Cobbs wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Big call but players like Ellis when they are finished usually happens pretty quick as they are basically phsyically used up due to injuries and having such a high workrate and huge heart . I just got this feeling that he is on the downward spiral . I really hope I'm wrong but just have this feeling :pray:
Too big a call, if you ask me. Ellis is still returning from injury, yet made 97 metres and 37 tackles. He didn't run off Benji last night, as he was doing last year, but neither did anyone else.
I share the concern with Ellis at the moment. But, I am just hoping he is finding his way back to match fitness. When he is in best form he lifts the forwards to better standards, I think. Hell, the game v Canberra is desperate for us now, given the results of the weekend so far. Ellis needs to be at his best, as do our other forwards.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 6:38 pm

Ellis seemed scared of putting his shoulder into tackles, as did a few others. I'm not in a tizzy, though. We have a bundle of players short of being match fit at the mo. If we can stay in touch with a few wins, we'll come home hard. Would be great to win this week.

Disappointing attack stats for Fifita considering the way he talked himself up in the paper.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 6:42 pm

I cant believe some of you turning on ellis like this when he has worked his butt off for us week in week out and he has one injury which is obviously effecting his running game and you concerned......please

And tiger05 to say never let robbie kick inside the opposition 20 is a bit silly hes the only one that ever gives us a repeat set.Marshall should never he hasnt the accuracy with his short kicking like robbie has.

I dont know what you guys think but maybe robbie shouldnt be doing the longkicking at the moment with this injury.... it may be effecting his injury and then stopping him from running as much.

Fafita was quiet.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm not turning on him. From what I've seen, he never plays less than 100% unless he's carrying an injury. His defence has been unusually arm-grabby for the last 2 games, though.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 7:21 pm

Cant help but think that Ellis,class player that he is,is still carrying an injury which is affecting his dominance.The effort is still there as validated by the stats,but it will just take a little time playing each week to work thru .He probably returned earlier than optimal
Im much more concerned by the lack of effectiveness of the supposedly fit players ,which the stats say some of whom were owned by Hodges /Thaiday & co.
As for Fifita,either the coach educates him that its all about go forward & thats his sole KPI,or he is introduced to a new coach in State Cup.I cant believe he's still running sideways every week & making so little ground.
My honest opinion is apart from injuries,which all clubs are suffering to an extent,theres a complacency in the team along the lines of "we were in the same position last year & almost won it".....poor performances & subsequent losses are simply accepted far too esaily as "we'll be right on the nite" at the season end.
I smell 2006 again...unfortunately
Last edited by clontarfkid on Sun 24 Apr, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 7:23 pm

tiger4ever wrote:And tiger05 to say never let robbie kick inside the opposition 20 is a bit silly hes the only one that ever gives us a repeat set.Marshall should never he hasnt the accuracy with his short kicking like robbie has.
The problem is that when it comes to consistency he is the worst short kicker in the game. The one good kick is not worth the extremely poor kicks and options he puts in.

Marshall and Lui have 10 times the return on short kicks than Robbie has. Marshall gets us repeat sets. Robbie lately kicks early in the set and kicks it dead when we have a set back line. If you really disagree watch the semi against the Dragons last year. We had a set backline with Marshall on fire and on an early tackle he kicked it dead. He did the same thing against the Broncos last night and prior to that there was his pearler that went out on the full against I forget who. Robbie needs to give up that play until he gets some consistency.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 7:48 pm

Oh well we must be watching different games and i would love to see the stats to see who gives us the most repeat sets of six from a kick inside of the opposition 20.

I dont judge players on 1 or 2 games and the guy is battling a injury and with our injury toll to already key players hes been very unselfish and showing alot of toughness to play.Hes been patchy but thats our team we are inconsistent.

If robbie and benji play their best we win.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 8:00 pm

tiger4ever wrote:If robbie and benji play their best we win.
I agree but we can also win without them playing their best. I think that it is asking too much for them to play their best all the time.

The problem is Robbie is coming up with shockers right when we are about to score and the game is in the balance.

It isn't one or two games either. We might not win against the dragons last year in the semis but it was a mistake of monumental significance. He did it against the Broncos. At crucial times Robbie hogs it and stuffs it.

I love the guy and I think he can be the best hooker in the game although that assessment has certainly taken a u-turn over the last couple of seasons.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 8:14 pm

Fifita 33 metres is that right....... :shock:

thank god for Galloway
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...