A couple of game changing plays

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Vicious

A couple of game changing plays

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:18 pm

Robbie Farah`s grubber that went dead late in the first half. Moltzen was there ready to pounce and if Farah weighted that grubber correctly we go into halftime down 18-12 rather than 25-6, a big difference.

Mitch Brown`s dropped ball when we just got back to 25-18 and had all the momentum.
We never seemed to establish any field position after this happened.

We didn`t play all that well at all, but change these two plays for the better and it`s a better than even chance it would have changed the end result.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:21 pm

On the other hand, if the Broncos didn't stuff up on a couple of occasions, they'd have been up by 20...Moral of the story: ifs and buts don't win games..

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:39 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:On the other hand, if the Broncos didn't stuff up on a couple of occasions, they'd have been up by 20...Moral of the story: ifs and buts don't win games..
The moral to my story is we didn`t aim up physically, yet still weren`t far off winning the game.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:00 pm

Vicious wrote:Robbie Farah`s grubber that went dead late in the first half. Moltzen was there ready to pounce and if Farah weighted that grubber correctly we go into halftime down 18-12 rather than 25-6, a big difference.

Mitch Brown`s dropped ball when we just got back to 25-18 and had all the momentum.

We didn`t play all that well at all, but change these two plays for the better and it`s a better than even chance it would have changed the end result.
That grubber was just dumb. It was a gambling play on the 4th tackle from memory. Why didn't we look to score through the hands or set-up for a kick that will get a repeat set? No patience.

Browns drop was poor. No idea why Ayshford was on the left. He plays right with Lawrence fit, keep him right.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:17 pm

I felt the game changed early, when we were going tit for tat with them completing our sets and getting ok kicks away but then we fail to get a kick away on two consecutive sets, Broncos make us pay and once we got behind on the scoreboard we went away from our gameplan and basically turned to a rabble.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:26 pm

When Moltzen was picked to play fullback

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:51 pm

Vicious wrote:
Tiger_heart wrote:On the other hand, if the Broncos didn't stuff up on a couple of occasions, they'd have been up by 20...Moral of the story: ifs and buts don't win games..
The moral to my story is we didn`t aim up physically, yet still weren`t far off winning the game.
I thouhgt the Broncos had our measure all night long, to be honest.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:56 pm

happy tiger wrote:When Moltzen was picked to play fullback
lol.
he's a s%*# fullback, but Lui is a better halfback.
where does that leave Moltzen?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:58 pm

Demps wrote:
happy tiger wrote:When Moltzen was picked to play fullback
lol.
he's a s%*# fullback, but Lui is a better halfback.
where does that leave Moltzen?
Hopefully supersub Demps

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:03 pm

Funny how I recall candles being kept lit waiting for Moltzen to come back - and half the forum praying for him to be back on the park - I wonder if he is the same player he was last year, to be honest.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:08 pm

Vicious wrote:Robbie Farah`s grubber that went dead late in the first half. Moltzen was there ready to pounce and if Farah weighted that grubber correctly we go into halftime down 18-12 rather than 25-6, a big difference.

Momentum is a huge thing and we had it twice in the game and you have pinpointed why we lost it both times. Very disapointing, especially Farah's kick. I can forgive a drop ball, everyone does it, but that kick.................. :(
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Team Tiger

Post by Team Tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:34 pm

I'll nominate one a little left of centre as a game changer...

I forget who it was, but a Broncos player lost the ball in a tackle. Clear knock on. Lui picked it up and ran and was thru the defence when the ref pulled it back and called a scrum with our feed.

Why the he'll wasn't it play on???

Can anyone else remember the details?
WESTS TIGERS: Born in 1908... United in 2000.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:39 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:Funny how I recall candles being kept lit waiting for Moltzen to come back - and half the forum praying for him to be back on the park - I wonder if he is the same player he was last year, to be honest.
:lol:

Bwahahaha LMFAO what a poxy place this is sometimes

Candles burning

Moltzen haterz

Fans jizzing themselves ....way to go girls!