Does Moltzen WANT to play fullback?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Icon

Re: Does Moltzen WANT to play fullback?

Post by Icon » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 10:44 am

If i was Moltzen's manager i would suggest he leaves the tigers, Sheens will destroy his career at fullback.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 10:49 am

You need a very high stature in the game before 'what you want' is taken into account by any coach

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 11:40 am

As for what moltzen wants. I bet he wants to stay at the tigers and play a lot of first grade. If that means playing at fullback I he'll take it.

coopy

Post by coopy » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 11:47 am

I actually see Moltz as being a Kurt gidley type player in the future. He has the talent to be the next Gidley/Craig Wing. Good ball skills-pace to burn- can read the play-reasonable defence. I think in time when he gets used to the idea he may a representative player in this role

It may be his head holding him back at the moment. He sees himself as a halfback/five-eighth who can fill in at fullback rather than embracing his utlility role and making it work for him. In my opinion he currently plays fullback like a good half-back - because that's where he probably sees himself.

If I were Tim Sheens, i would make him 14 permanently (even with the injuries). Move Brown to fullback and put either Dwyer or Davis in the centres. Let Timmy get used to the idea that is most marketable attribute is his versatiltiy.

First thing I would do would be giving Timmy some dummy-half practise and with Farah's current injury providing him with a rest sometime in the game to help better manage it. I also believe that in aeffort to impress SOO selectors he is doing too much defence and blunting his attack. Ironically, in SOO the hooker seems to be rotated.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 12:21 pm

coopy wrote:I actually see Moltz as being a Kurt gidley type player in the future. He has the talent to be the next Gidley/Craig Wing. Good ball skills-pace to burn- can read the play-reasonable defence. I think in time when he gets used to the idea he may a representative player in this role

It may be his head holding him back at the moment. He sees himself as a halfback/five-eighth who can fill in at fullback rather than embracing his utlility role and making it work for him. In my opinion he currently plays fullback like a good half-back - because that's where he probably sees himself.

If I were Tim Sheens, i would make him 14 permanently (even with the injuries). Move Brown to fullback and put either Dwyer or Davis in the centres. Let Timmy get used to the idea that is most marketable attribute is his versatiltiy.

First thing I would do would be giving Timmy some dummy-half practise and with Farah's current injury providing him with a rest sometime in the game to help better manage it. I also believe that in aeffort to impress SOO selectors he is doing too much defence and blunting his attack. Ironically, in SOO the hooker seems to be rotated.
Great Post... I agree 100% except I dont know if resting Farah is the ideal thing for the injury considering the type of injury...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 12:28 pm

No-one wants to start on the bench though. No-one.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 12:39 pm

coopy wrote:I actually see Moltz as being a Kurt gidley type player in the future. He has the talent to be the next Gidley/Craig Wing. Good ball skills-pace to burn- can read the play-reasonable defence. I think in time when he gets used to the idea he may a representative player in this role

Can't rly compare the two.
Sheens played Gidley in the second row in the 4nations, lol.
Gidley is a terrible 5/8 whereas a lot of people say that'd be Moltzen's perfect position.
Gidley is a good fullback, Moltzen is not.
Moltzen was horrible in the centres, word is that will be Gidley's position if Boyd comes and slots in @ Fullback, at the Knights.

Moltzen just needs to go play state cup and harden up and come back with better defence and more heart.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 2:09 pm

I still think Moltzen's best role for the team is halfback. He's yet to have a proper go at it and in the games he has played there, we've won 10/11 or 9/10 with him there. He wasn't a junior Kangaroo at the position by chance and had he have played the whole of last season at halfback, I have no doubts we could've won the premiership.

At this stage however, he definitely needs some weeks in state cup to try and get his confidence back. His running and passing game isn't what it used to be and he needs some more time playing as a genuine first receiver. Give him a month's stint in state cup and when he shows that he's got it all working again, bring up and chuck him in the 7.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 2:12 pm

tiger05 wrote:As for what moltzen wants. I bet he wants to stay at the tigers and play a lot of first grade. If that means playing at fullback I he'll take it.
He needs to be good enough to play there in the first place. At the moment he's not up to standard as far as fullback goes.

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 3:41 pm

Lukic wrote:I still think Moltzen's best role for the team is halfback. He's yet to have a proper go at it and in the games he has played there, we've won 10/11 or 9/10 with him there. He wasn't a junior Kangaroo at the position by chance and had he have played the whole of last season at halfback, I have no doubts we could've won the premiership.

At this stage however, he definitely needs some weeks in state cup to try and get his confidence back. His running and passing game isn't what it used to be and he needs some more time playing as a genuine first receiver. Give him a month's stint in state cup and when he shows that he's got it all working again, bring up and chuck him in the 7.
Lui was one of our best last year (especially in the finals)!!

Moltz is not a genuine ball-player - he is best running the football!!!

As for the question whether he wants to play fullback - given his form & attitude the better question would be does he want to play 1st grade?????

redemption

Post by redemption » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 3:43 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:

Great Post... I agree 100% except I dont know if resting Farah is the ideal thing for the injury considering the type of injury...
I am scared at the prospect of Moltz defending in the middle of the ruck!!!

Hooker is not just about passing & running you do realise????

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 6:10 pm

redemption wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

yeah, I dont want Moltz defending in the ruck... gawd!!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

coopy

Post by coopy » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 6:49 pm

I am not as worried about his defence up the middle - even at half he would have to defend on the edge and centre is even harder as you can get isolated. It's his timidity in bringing the ball back at speed, taking the high ball, putting your body on the line with the ball on the ground and his positonal play at full back that really scares me.

Farah make alot of tackles but is not the greatest one-on-one defender either

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 10:51 pm

Lukic wrote:I still think Moltzen's best role for the team is halfback. He's yet to have a proper go at it and in the games he has played there, we've won 10/11 or 9/10 with him there. He wasn't a junior Kangaroo at the position by chance and had he have played the whole of last season at halfback, I have no doubts we could've won the premiership.

Halfback may be his best role but for our team our best 7 is Lui and by some way. Lui was great the back end of last year and has been very good this year. Lui offers more direct running and has a far better passing game than Moltzen.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 10:55 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
redemption wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

yeah, I dont want Moltz defending in the ruck... gawd!!!!
If we decide to rest Farah or get his surgery done wouldn't mind seeing Moltzen as a sub at Hooker to give Fulton a break though Watto or Demps

hooker

Post by hooker » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 11:07 pm

If we decide to rest Farah or get his surgery done wouldn't mind seeing Moltzen as a sub at Hooker to give Fulton a break though Watto or Demps[/quote]

If robbie does have a lie down and although i think Lui is the better half, what do you think of him as sub for robbie? his 'd'efence (lol) has greatly improved and i think he could be cheeky around the ruck.