Payten sorely missed

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
redemption

Payten sorely missed

Post by redemption » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 4:29 pm

For the naysayers who believe Toddy should retire before his contract expires at the end of 2012 - friday night proved how much he means to this team!!

Along with Gibbo & Fults - he is the defensive rock of this team - and his absences are very noticeable!!!

With those three on in the first 20 - we would not have been down by two tries!!! Making the correct defensive read is their specialty & should never be underestimated!!!

Fifita's defence has improved markedly - but he is not a defensive leader in the mould of the three aforementioned veterans!!!

Dwyer is an arm-grabber and Ellis is not at 100% - so we need those blokes starting when fit!!!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 8:19 pm

Geeze when Payten comes back, I gotta make sure I keep my eye on him for 80 minutes. I dont get all this glorification and adoration of someone who doesn't make any metres.

I know your thread is about his defensive efforts so next time he plays I will be watching him very closely.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 8:28 pm

Works his butt off on the inside balls Would of helped when they scored second try . Just the experience of the guy also would of been invaluable .

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 8:31 pm

Well said Red ....Payten has always held the ruck together...when his missing we concede a heap of points....simple
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 8:56 pm

If Payten plays In the semi we beat St George simple as that

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 9:06 pm

I sure did miss his laughable play of the balls.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 9:21 pm

Two incorrect play the balls and a couple of niggling injuries and everyone wants him axed.

Payten holds everything together. Poor bastard has been belted from pillar to post for a couple of uncharacteristic mistakes and everyone seems to have forgotten that he is one of our most valued forwards and everything goes to pieces when he isn't there.

Posted using RoarFEED
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 11:03 pm

Demps wrote:I sure did miss his laughable play of the balls.
Demps if you watch the WTV footage of the play the balls in slow motion and see the garbage that went on no would be printing stuff in the forum about Payten . They would be sending nasty emails to NRL headquarters about the woeful refereeing in those two situations

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 4:32 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Two incorrect play the balls and a couple of niggling injuries and everyone wants him axed.

Payten holds everything together. Poor bastard has been belted from pillar to post for a couple of uncharacteristic mistakes and everyone seems to have forgotten that he is one of our most valued forwards and everything goes to pieces when he isn't there.

Posted using RoarFEED
Hope you are not referring to me, coz I have been a Payten basher from Day 1 but haven't said anything about the play-the-balls. People make mistakes, sometimes they are costly, sometimes very costly, sometimes have no harm.

Demps on the other hand...would like to say one thing that you are going overboard with the PTB mate.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

angeman

Post by angeman » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 8:03 pm

IronTiger wrote:If Payten plays In the semi we beat St George simple as that
yep. man i hate that tennis ball!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 9:20 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Geeze when Payten comes back, I gotta make sure I keep my eye on him for 80 minutes. I dont get all this glorification and adoration of someone who doesn't make any metres.

I know your thread is about his defensive efforts so next time he plays I will be watching him very closely.
Your post says it all....yes, watch him very closely, you then may learn what type of a forward he is, rather than judging him by stats...which you obviously do.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 25 Apr, 2011 9:34 pm

innsaneink wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:Geeze when Payten comes back, I gotta make sure I keep my eye on him for 80 minutes. I dont get all this glorification and adoration of someone who doesn't make any metres.

Your post says it all....yes, watch him very closely, you then may learn what type of a forward he is, rather than judging him by stats...which you obviously do.
Mate I never look at stats.
By saying "doesnt make many metres", I meant he doesn't have the go-forward that a prop should have.
As for the type of a forward he is, my very limited knowledge of rugby league tells me there are three: props, 2nd rowers and locks. Sheens uses him as a prop.

I have never rated him and so I never watch him but I dont think I ever bag him except saying that I dont rate him. I really liked your idea in the other thread about looking at the positives so when he comes back I will do so.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal