Venue: Canberra Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
willow

ROBERT LUI'S KICKING GAME EARNS HIGH PRAISE

Post by willow » Mon 02 May, 2011 9:58 pm

ROBERT LUI'S KICKING GAME EARNS HIGH PRAISE
By Wayne Cousins
2/05/2011 4:48:22 PM

The astute kicking game of talented half-back Robert Lui against Canberra on Sunday has earned high praise from Wests Tigers Captain Robbie Farah.

In his second game back from a foot injury, Lui was deadly in attack, laying on a try to second-rower Simon Dwyer while a downfield kick forced a mistake by full-back Josh Dugan which ultimately led to a try to winger Matt Utai.

Lui’s dominant performance and his running game will ensure he very much remains in the number seven jersey for some time. He has formed a deadly halves combination with five-eighth Benji Marshall.

“Robert Lui’s kicking game, especially in that first half, really won us that battle in the middle,’’ Farah said.

“We have three very good kickers (Benji Marshall, Lui and Farah). We have just got to come up with the right balance between us. We have struggled in the last few weeks to find that.

“We worked on it last week and knew it was important coming down here, especially with Dugan at the back. It was pleasing to see the work we put in paid off.”

Farah was thankful his chip kick that laid on the try to Marshall came off.

“When I chipped I said to myself oh s…, I’m going to get a smack across the ear. Lucky for myself, it came off,’’ Farah said.

“Last week I tried one and got bagged for it. I guess that’s the way we play. We live and die by the sword.

“We back ourselves as players. Sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn’t. This time it came off.”

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Mon 02 May, 2011 10:28 pm

The chip kick came off this week because Dugan was standing deep after 2 or 3 great long kicks. Timing and execution was right. Understand that Robbie.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 02 May, 2011 11:09 pm

Allan Towle wrote:The chip kick came off this week because Dugan was standing deep after 2 or 3 great long kicks. Timing and execution was right. Understand that Robbie.
Probably shows that Dugan isn't ready for Origin yet Thurston and Lockyer will find him out if he has bad psoitioning or makes bad calls

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 03 May, 2011 9:05 am

happy tiger wrote:Probably shows that Dugan isn't ready for Origin yet Thurston and Lockyer will find him out if he has bad psoitioning or makes bad calls
Good Call Happy.

I agree here, While Duggan looks dangerous in attack, I am worried about him being exposed badly in Origin

barra

Post by barra » Tue 03 May, 2011 9:39 am

[quote="willow"]

“We have three very good kickers (Benji Marshall, Lui and Farah). We have just got to come up with the right balance between us. We have struggled in the last few weeks to find that.

“We worked on it last week and knew it was important coming down here, especially with Dugan at the back. It was pleasing to see the work we put in paid off.”
quote]

Isn't it always important???

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Tue 03 May, 2011 9:44 am

For him to say we have 3 very good kickers is a joke. Our kicking game this year has been by far the worst in the competition.But yes with lui back our kickng game was superb against the raiders