TIGERS Rozelle Development

Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7161
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: TIGERS Rozelle Development

Post by supercoach » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:59 am

You wait and see, when the government is finished with the site in 2025 or when ever it will be sold to one of their property developer mates who will get the green light to build what ever they want.

The State government started the Rott when they decided that there would be no metro station at the site.

Anyway this puts this to bed forever of course unless they can find another site nearby and a very rich friend....West’s Leagues comes to mind


User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6942
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:22 am

Snake wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:47 am
smithy wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 8:45 pm
You should all email Darcy Byrne from the Inner-west council and remind him that his constant objections of the new club being built has now meant a dive site with trucks,dust and noise will be there instead of a small club,appartments and a few shops...great work
Byrne was also part of the segment ..he stated if the government does buy the site the Tigers will be dead forever ....news flash you already killed the Tigers with your greenie mates by not approving a modern development in a run down town area.
What goes around ,instead of a rejuvenated area of modern buildings and shopping area you can have the smells and hundreds of trucks ..dust and noise every day for years to come when the hole in the ground appears .
Well done Mr Byrne just another Neville nobody ! who has represented his electorate to getting the worst possible out come!
Yep.
It'll be Darcy's blood on Tigers hands. A bit rich that he comes out and says the things he does about big such a passionate supporter so frequently.

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1491
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Post by momo&medo » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:34 am

Snake wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:47 am
smithy wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 8:45 pm
You should all email Darcy Byrne from the Inner-west council and remind him that his constant objections of the new club being built has now meant a dive site with trucks,dust and noise will be there instead of a small club,appartments and a few shops...great work
Byrne was also part of the segment ..he stated if the government does buy the site the Tigers will be dead forever ....news flash you already killed the Tigers with your greenie mates by not approving a modern development in a run down town area.
What goes around ,instead of a rejuvenated area of modern buildings and shopping area you can have the smells and hundreds of trucks ..dust and noise every day for years to come when the hole in the ground appears .
Well done Mr Byrne just another Neville nobody ! who has represented his electorate to getting the worst possible out come!
Yep ...... so called do-goodies ...... shoot themselves in the foot again.
Minority rules again.
My roots are Ashfield but I really feel for Balmain people over this topic.
Mr Benny Elias has lot to answer for also. He is just a worm?
Watched Contreversy Corner the other night and he was spooking His West’s Tigers. Sick!

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5158
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 8:56 am

The only good outcome is that the so called Rozelle sipping latte crowd, (pretending they Rozelle is part of Balmain) will have to lift their masks to drink their cafe' when all this starts.

They certainly will be winners by having a great hole in the ground with dust, noise, massive traffic headache etc. instead of a modern complex of apartments, a Leagues Club, supermarkets and boutique shops all with parking. Wonderful to have forsight instead of being brain dead.

Would think all this won't happen anyway as this State Government after selling any assets this state has, milking the community (especially the west) dry due to excessive motorway tolls etc.

Bye Gladys!!!!!

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5936
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: London

Post by Kul » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:04 am

supercoach wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:59 am
You wait and see, when the government is finished with the site in 2025 or when ever it will be sold to one of their property developer mates who will get the green light to build what ever they want.

The State government started the Rott when they decided that there would be no metro station at the site.

Anyway this puts this to bed forever of course unless they can find another site nearby and a very rich friend....West’s Leagues comes to mind
1. Labor killed the Rozelle Metro in 2010. The LNP were elected in 2011.

2. Have you read the report that SMH posted/I screen-shotted above/Ch7/9 based this report on? The site is zoned for Tigers and RMS specifically say that they recognise that it's an important community/cultural site for the Tigers and they will work with all parties concerned.

3. Puts it bed? Once the road headers have finished digging the site will be on-sold with a free hole in the ground and free concrete footings for constructions to start immediately (ie. big $$$ and time saving for the developer). The site is zoned for the Tigers and at present no development can proceed without a club there, regardless of if it used to dig a tunnel or not.


A delay to TIGERS returning, yes.
But there are some significant upsides to this too.
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com


cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by cochise » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:14 am

Kul wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:04 am
supercoach wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:59 am
You wait and see, when the government is finished with the site in 2025 or when ever it will be sold to one of their property developer mates who will get the green light to build what ever they want.

The State government started the Rott when they decided that there would be no metro station at the site.

Anyway this puts this to bed forever of course unless they can find another site nearby and a very rich friend....West’s Leagues comes to mind
1. Labor killed the Rozelle Metro in 2010. The LNP were elected in 2011.

2. Have you read the report that SMH posted/I screen-shotted above/Ch7/9 based this report on? The site is zoned for Tigers and RMS specifically say that they recognise that it's an important community/cultural site for the Tigers and they will work with all parties concerned.

3. Puts it bed? Once the road headers have finished digging the site will be on-sold with a free hole in the ground and free concrete footings for constructions to start immediately (ie. big $$$ and time saving for the developer). The site is zoned for the Tigers and at present no development can proceed without a club there, regardless of if it used to dig a tunnel or not.

A delay to TIGERS returning, yes.
But there are some significant upsides to this too.
Thanks Kul, that sounds a lot more positive. So without the site being rezoned anyone building there has to include the Tigers.

User avatar
quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:17 am

Post by quintus » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:23 am

cochise wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:14 am
Kul wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:04 am
supercoach wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:59 am
You wait and see, when the government is finished with the site in 2025 or when ever it will be sold to one of their property developer mates who will get the green light to build what ever they want.

The State government started the Rott when they decided that there would be no metro station at the site.

Anyway this puts this to bed forever of course unless they can find another site nearby and a very rich friend....West’s Leagues comes to mind
1. Labor killed the Rozelle Metro in 2010. The LNP were elected in 2011.

2. Have you read the report that SMH posted/I screen-shotted above/Ch7/9 based this report on? The site is zoned for Tigers and RMS specifically say that they recognise that it's an important community/cultural site for the Tigers and they will work with all parties concerned.

3. Puts it bed? Once the road headers have finished digging the site will be on-sold with a free hole in the ground and free concrete footings for constructions to start immediately (ie. big $$$ and time saving for the developer). The site is zoned for the Tigers and at present no development can proceed without a club there, regardless of if it used to dig a tunnel or not.

A delay to TIGERS returning, yes.
But there are some significant upsides to this too.
Thanks Kul, that sounds a lot more positive. So without the site being rezoned anyone building there has to include the Tigers.
We are the champions my friends.... :sign:

cochise
Member
Member
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by cochise » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:42 am

quintus wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:23 am
cochise wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:14 am
Kul wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:04 am
supercoach wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 7:59 am
You wait and see, when the government is finished with the site in 2025 or when ever it will be sold to one of their property developer mates who will get the green light to build what ever they want.

The State government started the Rott when they decided that there would be no metro station at the site.

Anyway this puts this to bed forever of course unless they can find another site nearby and a very rich friend....West’s Leagues comes to mind
1. Labor killed the Rozelle Metro in 2010. The LNP were elected in 2011.

2. Have you read the report that SMH posted/I screen-shotted above/Ch7/9 based this report on? The site is zoned for Tigers and RMS specifically say that they recognise that it's an important community/cultural site for the Tigers and they will work with all parties concerned.

3. Puts it bed? Once the road headers have finished digging the site will be on-sold with a free hole in the ground and free concrete footings for constructions to start immediately (ie. big $$$ and time saving for the developer). The site is zoned for the Tigers and at present no development can proceed without a club there, regardless of if it used to dig a tunnel or not.

A delay to TIGERS returning, yes.
But there are some significant upsides to this too.
Thanks Kul, that sounds a lot more positive. So without the site being rezoned anyone building there has to include the Tigers.
We are the champions my friends.... :sign:
I wonder what the site would be worth at the completion of the tunnel.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3256
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 11:29 am

How do they think putting in a dive site 20m from a primary school is a good idea?

Also would they be leasing the site or purchasing it from the new developers?

By the way it was 'Rozelle Village' that screwed over the development, not Darcy. There's just no way in hell a 30 storey development was ever being approved there. By anyone. Massive overkill and rather than putting in a sensible proposal they were exceptionally greedy not once but 3 times!

If the current proposal was submitted 10 years ago it would have been approved a long time ago...

Patts
Member
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu 18 Feb, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Patts » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:30 am

I hope at the completion of the tunnel Balmain does finally get to build their leagues club. Of course, Balmain will have long given up their remaining 25% of the Wests Tigers and really have no obligation or affiliation with the Wests Tigers but perhaps if the club is successful they will be good for a couple of TPA's.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5158
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:33 am

Patts wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:30 am
I hope at the completion of the tunnel Balmain does finally get to build their leagues club. Of course, Balmain will have long given up their remaining 25% of the Wests Tigers and really have no obligation or affiliation with the Wests Tigers but perhaps if the club is successful they will be good for a couple of TPA's.
If they are cut from the Wests Tigers why would they tip in for TPA's?

Even if the club is up and running again - it will take awhile to get back on their feet again.

I would think if they have any spare cash, many years from now, it would go to the Balmain Junior League.

User avatar
Kul
Member
Member
Posts: 5936
Joined: Sat 04 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
Location: London

Post by Kul » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:14 am

Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 11:29 am
How do they think putting in a dive site 20m from a primary school is a good idea?
Well there's an 8-lane arterial road even closer and it's been there since before the school
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5158
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:41 am

Kul wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:14 am
Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 11:29 am
How do they think putting in a dive site 20m from a primary school is a good idea?
Well there's an 8-lane arterial road even closer and it's been there since before the school
Gladys will solve the problem easily - just close the school like she is going to close Marsden High school at West Ryde and Meadowbank Public School. She is an Idiot!!!!

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6427
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 1:25 pm

Balmain leagues club gone in to liquidation today, can’t pay the 1.5 million they owe, so that ends that story
Go hard or go home

Go Moltzen
Member
Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat 18 Dec, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Go Moltzen » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 1:29 pm

851 wrote:
Wed 12 Sep, 2018 1:25 pm
Balmain leagues club gone in to liquidation today, can’t pay the 1.5 million they owe, so that ends that story
Any source re: liquidation news?

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5158
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 1:52 pm

So ends an era.

shiretiger
Member
Member
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm
Location: The Shire

Post by shiretiger » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 1:58 pm

Go Moltzen wrote:
Wed 12 Sep, 2018 1:29 pm
851 wrote:
Wed 12 Sep, 2018 1:25 pm
Balmain leagues club gone in to liquidation today, can’t pay the 1.5 million they owe, so that ends that story
Any source re: liquidation news?

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1237
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Post by old man tiger » Wed 12 Sep, 2018 2:17 pm

If only Benny and his mates got involved with few other clubs... could have had a 12 team comp by now.

Post Reply