Queensland Cup V State Cup

Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
Yossarian

Re: Queensland Cup V State Cup

Post by Yossarian » Tue 22 Sep, 2009 2:54 pm

alien wrote:Yeah why did Manly join the QLD Cup?
Why did Melbourne leave it? Your argument makes no sense.

alien

Post by alien » Tue 22 Sep, 2009 8:21 pm

Yossarian wrote:
alien wrote:Yeah why did Manly join the QLD Cup?
Why did Melbourne leave it? Your argument makes no sense.
There was no argument really. I was just asking why some teams from NSW moved to QLD.

alien

Post by alien » Tue 22 Sep, 2009 8:23 pm

galahs wrote:Manly and Canberra only run teams in the Qld Cup because its cheaper for them than trying to partner with someone down here.
Why is it cheaper?

galahs

Post by galahs » Tue 22 Sep, 2009 9:31 pm

Because then they don't have to pay to have a full team in the NSW Cup.

They just send their overage players to a Qld Cup team.
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 23 Sep, 2009 12:02 pm

I'd say the Sunshine Coast people put some money to make it appealing to Manly.

Poppa

Post by Poppa » Wed 23 Sep, 2009 3:39 pm

Hard to say which comp is the better.Waching the GF between The Northern Pride (Cowboys feeder team based out of Cairns) and the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles (Manly feeder team).The Pride copped a thrashing and in my oponion the standard wasn't all that better than the NSW State Cup.I read where Melbourne Storm is withdrawing their team from the NSW comp and instead going with a new under 20 side in the NRL.Anyway good luck to West Tigers under 20 for the rest of the finals........Cheers

:wahoo:
Cheers Poppa

balmain1

Post by balmain1 » Wed 23 Sep, 2009 3:58 pm

Poppa wrote:Hard to say which comp is the better.Waching the GF between The Northern Pride (Cowboys feeder team based out of Cairns) and the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles (Manly feeder team).The Pride copped a thrashing and in my oponion the standard wasn't all that better than the NSW State Cup.I read where Melbourne Storm is withdrawing their team from the NSW comp and instead going with a new under 20 side in the NRL.Anyway good luck to West Tigers under 20 for the rest of the finals........Cheers

GOOD LUCK to BRET as well...........

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 23 Sep, 2009 4:20 pm

Poppa wrote:Hard to say which comp is the better.Waching the GF between The Northern Pride (Cowboys feeder team based out of Cairns) and the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles (Manly feeder team).The Pride copped a thrashing and in my oponion the standard wasn't all that better than the NSW State Cup.I read where Melbourne Storm is withdrawing their team from the NSW comp and instead going with a new under 20 side in the NRL.Anyway good luck to West Tigers under 20 for the rest of the finals........Cheers

Melbourne (like all NRL teams already has an Under 20s team. They're playing Brisbane this weekend.

They are not withdrawing their team from the NSW Cup just relocating it.

They have ended their association with the Central Coast so instead of having the Central Coast Storm playing NSW Cup they will field a Melbourne based team.