NRL Grand Final Day Details @ Sunday Oct 4th 2009

Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
Aladinsane

NRL Grand Final Day Details @ Sunday Oct 4th 2009

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 7:38 am

For all the luck ones who have Grand Final tickets this Sunday Oct 4th at ANZ Stadium, here is the Schedule for the Great day

Gates open:11.45am

NSW State Cup

Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers Vs Sydney Bulls - 2009 State Cup Grand Final
12:10PM Kick-Off

NYC Toyota Cup

Wests Tigers Vs Melbourne Storm - 2009 Toyota Cup Grand Final
2:10PM Kick-Off.

Pre Grand Final "Entertainment"

Banging on Garbage Bins, wailing of real Stray Cats, farting by Obese Retirees and the Combined Pre School Triangle Orchestra

NRL Grand Final:

Parramatta Eels v Melbourne Storm - 2009 NRL Grand Final
5.15pm Kick-Off

For anyone, who can't be near a TV set , or the wife wants to watch a movie :lol: and have their Laptop handy , you can watch it online by Installing satellite tv software on your computer,with it you can watch SPORTS and many tv channels live for free on your PC. Here you can get it

http://sports-watch.notlong.com

This is another site you can watch NRL and other Sports online.... http://www.tvover.net/TVStation,search, ... q=NRL.aspx

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 9:44 am

I will be watching the first two matches then leaving before the corrupt joke that is the NRL Premiership Grand Final.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:00 am

I am still waiting to get tickets

Apparantly the fans of State Cup & NYC don't count as participants for the purposes of ticketek

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:04 am

Got mine this morning. Had to get a mate who is a Storm member to get them for me. Had to pay through the nose to get seats down the front, but could well be worth it come Sunday. :pray:
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:06 am

No doubt it will be worth it for a win.

Worst case Balmain Leagues will be where I will watch it.

It will be the only BRET game I have missed since round 1 when they played in Aukland

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:07 am

Ha Ha HA ...........should have shown faith and got the pre purchase in August.............
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:08 am

I have pre-purchased every year since 2005 and just used the buy back.

This year I figured I was jinxing myself so gave it a miss.

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:14 am

smeghead wrote:No doubt it will be worth it for a win.

Worst case Balmain Leagues will be where I will watch it.

It will be the only BRET game I have missed since round 1 when they played in Aukland
Smeg, ring LeeRoy at Concord....I am sure he might be albe to swing something for a keen BRET follower like yourself....good luck mate

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 10:23 am

Na mate.

Those tickets rightfully belong to the players families and to players like Luke McInnes, Matt Davidson, Matt Parata etc, etc who have contributed to the team being there but are injured and won't play. Plus all the great support staff as I am sure they will limit the amount of staff at the GF

I will find a way to get there

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 11:07 am

Sorry All, Here is the Offical way the Day is planned....

11:45am Gates Open

12:10pm NSW Cup Grand Final Kick-Off (teams determined later today)

1:50pm NSW Cup Grand Final presentation

2:10pm Toyota Cup Under 20s Kick-Off: Melbourne Storm v Wests Tigers

3.00pm: Jetstar NRL Club Championship Presentation

3:55pm Toyota Cup Under 20s Grand Final presentation

4:10pm World boxing champions Danny Green and Roy Jones Jr presented to the crowd

4:20pm Holiday Inn Junior League Relay Final

4:40pm Telstra Child Flight chopper arrives with Telstra Premiership Trophy

4:45pm 300 Club and Retiring Players tribute, with Wes Carr performance

4:50pm Wolfmother performance

5.08pm: Black Hawk helicopter and crowd Mexican Wave

5:10pm National Anthem performed by Mark Vincent

5:15pm Telstra Premiership Grand Final Kick-Off: Melbourne Storm v Parramatta Eels

6.05pm The Script performance

6:55pm Telstra Premiership Grand Final Presentation

The National Rugby League will honour its 300-game heroes in a Telstra Premiership Grand Final entertainment program that features Grammy award-winners, world boxing champions, a five-year-old boy who will inspire a nation and an army Black Hawk chopper orchestrating one of the biggest Mexican waves in history.

The ‘300 Club’ celebration will pay tribute to the elite club of players who have played 300 Premiership games, while fans will also get the opportunity to farewell the game’s retiring players who will say goodbye after the 2009 Telstra Premiership.

The Telstra Child Flight helicopter and members of the game’s ‘300 Club’ will deliver the Telstra Premiership Trophy to ANZ Stadium and into the care of five-year-old Oscar Buhagiar, whose courage, bravery and dedication symbolise the qualities that make Rugby League the greatest game of all.

Oscar, who plays for the Kellyville Bushrangers Under 6s, is refusing to let a rare form of cancer stop him from playing the game he loves, despite having a permanent tube in his nose and sometimes undergoing chemotherapy before heading to the game.

While Oscar’s inspiring story will touch the heart of every fan, some of the biggest names in Australian music will bring the capacity crowd to its feet.

Grammy-award winning band Wolfmother will headline a star-studded music ensemble when they play their hit single ‘New Moon Rising’ from their new album ‘Cosmic Egg’, as well as their classic hit ‘Joker and the Thief’.

Wolfmother’s self-titled debut album sold more than 1.4 million copies worldwide and in 2007 they won a Grammy for best hard rock performance award for their song Woman.

Wes Carr will perform a musical tribute to the game’s champion players while Irish band The Script will rock the crowd at half-time.

Rising Australian music star Mark Vincent – the teenager who captivated a nation on his way to victory in Australia’s Got Talent – will perform the National Anthem.

From hit music to hit men, and Australian boxing superstar and Eels fan Danny Green and future Hall of Fame fighter Roy Jones Jr will be presented to the crowd ahead of their IBO cruiserweight title bout at Sydney’s Acer Arena on Wednesday, December 2.

More than 80,000 screaming fans will also have their chance to be part of the festivities in a giant Mexican wave to be conducted by an Australian Army Black Hawk helicopter.

The chopper will ‘bow’ to acknowledge the presence of Prime Minister Kevin Rudd before leading the Mexican Wave as it hovers and spins inside the stadium.

“It will be something of a first to see the Black Hawk helicopter orchestrate 82,000 fans,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said.

“The football is always going to be the main focus but the Grand Final is an experience that takes in the whole afternoon and evening.

“It recognises the heroes of our game, from our Premiership stars to junior players such as Oscar, it gives fans the chance to enjoy some of the biggest names in music and it is simply a great event to be a part of.

“From the moment gates open to the final lap of honour, it promises to be a great experience and I encourage our members and fans to snap up the last of the Grand Final tickets when they go on sale this week.”

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 11:26 am

The club is only going to get 75 tickets allocated to them. So i don't think they will have any to spare, considering the list of staff, family, players etc.

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 12:08 pm

Aladinsane wrote:5.08pm: Black Hawk helicopter and crowd Mexican Wave
A mexican wave for crowd entertainment? *YAWN*
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 3:46 pm

Boo....

Banging on Garbage Bins, wailing of real Stray Cats, farting by Obese Retirees and the Combined Pre School Triangle Orchestra
I wanted to see this...........
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 4:07 pm

Geo. wrote:Boo....

I wanted to see this...........
Hey Geo, The Cacophony of Sound of all of the above would be a GF Event to be remembered forever.......

I really think then the Ruby League GF will show up the AFL GF, and will be class personified....Go to this link...I love the Japanese, they are a very weird bunch

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 4:29 pm

Thinking of That;'s Entertainment, this is a band I would have like to see back in their prime....

A police car and a screaming siren -
A pneumatic drill and ripped up concrete -
A baby wailing and stray dog howling -
The screech of brakes and lamp light blinking -

That's Entertainment.

A smash of glass and a rumble of boots -
An electric train and a ripped up 'phone booth -
Paint splattered walls and the cry of a tomcat -
Lights going out and a kick in the balls -

That's Entertainment.

Days of speed and slow time Mondays -
Pissing down with rain on a boring Wednesday -
Watching the news and not eating your tea -
A freezing cold flat and damp on the walls -

That's Entertainment.

Waking up at 6 a.m. on a cool warm morning -
Opening the windows and breathing in petrol -
An amateur band rehearsing in a nearby yard -
Watching the tele and thinking about your holidays -

That's Entertainment.

Waking up from bad dreams and smoking cigarettes -
Cuddling a warm girl and smelling stale perfume -
A hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac -
Fedding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -

That's Entertainment.

Two lovers kissing amongst the scream of midnight -
Two lovers missing the tranquility of solitude -
Getting a cab and travelling on buses -
Reading the graffiti about slashed seat affairs -

balmain1

Post by balmain1 » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 6:05 pm

smeghead wrote:Na mate.

Those tickets rightfully belong to the players families and to players like Luke McInnes, Matt Davidson, Matt Parata etc, etc who have contributed to the team being there but are injured and won't play. Plus all the great support staff as I am sure they will limit the amount of staff at the GF

I will find a way to get there
I hope your right Smeg that the players families and injured players get tickets first. They are the ones that stick with the team through thick and thin. I remember one year one of my friends couldn't watch her son play as the tickets were limited to one per player and he took his Grandfather who was sick but wanted to see his Grandson play. Unfortunately all the Ryde Eastwood Directors and staff will be on the band wagon along with Balmain staff. 75 tickets won't go far. It will be interesting to see how they will be distributed. Having said that there is a group called the "lollylegs" boys and the few diehard BRET supporters who also deservedly should get tickets, like yourself.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 6:15 pm

My work has a corporate box at ANZ and the tickets go into a hat and 2 guys i directly work with are got them. Free food and drink........im spewing. One's a Souths supporter and ones a Dragons supporter. Since we got two teams playing, dont u think one should give his ticket up for me?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 28 Sep, 2009 6:33 pm

Juro wrote:
Aladinsane wrote:5.08pm: Black Hawk helicopter and crowd Mexican Wave
A mexican wave for crowd entertainment? *YAWN*
Great way for the NRL to save money. Make the crowd provide the entertainment.