Di Girolamo

Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
LCA

Di Girolamo

Post by LCA » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 5:41 pm

It was with interest that I read on SMH online that a Mr Nick Di Girolamo has resigned his position within the Liberal Party (being a member of which is an error of judgement in itself I would venture) as a result (allegedly) of an ICAC inquiry into Chris Hartcher (Minister in the NSW Liberal/coalition govt) and contracts with an authority with which Mr Di Girolamo is associated. I am assuming this is the same man who occupies (or did occupy) a position on the board of the Wests Tigers, as a representative of the Balmain club, whose incapacity to contribute financially to the Wests Tigers NRL venture arose due to the "bungled" commercial development of the old Tigers Leagues club site at Rozelle? My reading of associated press offerings on the issue mentions connections with one Mr Eddie Obeid. So, there you go. Corporate governance of the highest order it would seem at our club? Allegedly. And, assuming the presumption of innocence, of course.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 5:44 pm

LCA

Post by LCA » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 5:46 pm

Umm...ok. A bit cryptic but I assume there's a message there somewhere?

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 7:26 pm

Yes, I saw this on Four Corners about 8 or 9 months ago.
It doesn't inspire confidence in the old board does it.
Thank goodness for independence on our revitalised board.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 7:30 pm

Dodgy bros from the old Fast Forward comedy program (I think) LCA.....every time I hear these names I think of the dodgy bros. A comedic caricature of a couple of shifty conmen trying to flog anything to anyone

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 7:46 pm

innsaneink wrote:Image
LOL Ink they always gave me a laugh

Bit like Russell Coight

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 8:02 pm

innsaneink wrote:Dodgy bros from the old Fast Forward comedy program (I think)
Well before Fast Forward - early to mid 80s ABC. 'Australia You're Standing in it' is the first show I remember them in. I think they did a few ABC shows around that era. Great fun :)
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

PrattenParkMagpie

Post by PrattenParkMagpie » Wed 19 Feb, 2014 9:22 pm

softlaw wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Dodgy bros from the old Fast Forward comedy program (I think)
Well before Fast Forward - early to mid 80s ABC. 'Australia You're Standing in it' is the first show I remember them in. I think they did a few ABC shows around that era. Great fun :)
Fast Forward was spawned from the ABC comedy series The D Generation, Fast Forward later became Full Frontal
Bring back Dr Pepper and Hazelnut Rolls

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Thu 20 Feb, 2014 2:12 pm

You seem to have made a mistake somewhere, everybody knows that only labor are corrupt. Perhaps you misread.

:)

Ahh ok I'll save it for the politics thread

LCA

Post by LCA » Thu 20 Feb, 2014 7:46 pm

Winnipeg wrote:You seem to have made a mistake somewhere, everybody knows that only labor are corrupt. Perhaps you misread.

:)

Ahh ok I'll save it for the politics thread
Good see you there!

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 7:51 pm

SMH article 5/3/14

Businessman Nick Di Girolamo resigned as deputy chairman of Wests Tigers rugby league club just days before being named in an inquiry being undertaken by the Independent Commission Against Corruption.

Mr Di Girolamo quit the board on February 14, four days before ICAC announced it would hold public inquiries into corruption allegations against him.

A spokesman for Wests Tigers confirmed Mr Di Girolamo's resignation but declined to comment on whether it was linked to the ICAC investigation.

Advertisement

ICAC is investigating allegations that as chief executive of infrastructure company Australian Water Holdings Mr Di Girolamo tried to mislead an ICAC investigation into whether former Labor MP Eddie Obeid attempted to influence public officials over a proposed deal with Sydney Water.

It is also alleged AWH, via Mr Di Girolamo, made ''regular payments'' - purportedly for public relations advice - to a business, Eightbyfive, in return for which Chris Hartcher, the former resources minister, ''favoured the interests of AWH''. Eightbyfive was owned by Tim Koelma, who volunteered in Mr Hartcher's electorate office before the March 2011 election and became a policy adviser when Mr Hartcher was appointed resources minister.

Last week Premier Barry O'Farrell came under fire in Parliament over his contact with Mr Di Girolamo - a well-known Liberal Party figure - in relation to a separate matter, the Wallarah 2 coalmine proposal on the central coast.

In opposition Mr O'Farrell promised the mine would not go ahead under a Coalition government, declaring: ''No ifs, no buts … a guarantee''.

However, an application by the proponent, Kores, has been supported by the Planning Department and is before the Planning Assessment Commission. In Parliament last week Mr O'Farrell admitted to ''dropping in'' on a meeting Mr Di Girolamo attended with Mr Hartcher and Kores representatives in February 2012.

Mr Di Girolamo was lobbying on behalf of Kores.

On Tuesday Greens MP Jeremy Buckingham put forward a motion to introduce a bill banning mining in central coast drinking water catchment areas, which would affect Wallarah 2.

The motion to introduce the Central Coast Drinking Water Catchments Protection (No Ifs, No Buts, a Guarantee) Bill is expected to be passed with support from Labor and the Shooters and Fishers Party.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013
WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

crusader

Post by crusader » Wed 05 Mar, 2014 8:55 pm

Heard this was coming. Was also told that the knives will be coming out , house of cards will fall and big bad Barry will also be a victim.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Thu 06 Mar, 2014 3:31 pm

Cool name. I can just picture him leaping off a cliff shouting "GIROLAMO"!

Colonel

Post by Colonel » Fri 07 Mar, 2014 9:16 am

Barry O'Farrell admits meeting ICAC target Nick Di Girolamo at 10 functions

Sean Nicholls
Published: March 7, 2014 - 8:55AM

Barry O'Farrell has revealed he has met controversial Liberal identity Nick Di Girolamo at 10 functions or events since becoming Premier, including at Wests Tigers football matches, despite telling parliament only last week he "can't remember the last time I spoke to [him]".

On Thursday, in response to opposition questioning on the issue, Mr O'Farrell claimed the Labor party had been provided with the information a year ago as part of a freedom of information request.

But Labor says it has no record of this, raising the prospect Mr O'Farrell has misled parliament twice in a fortnight over the issue.

Mr Di Girolamo is being investigated by the Independent Commission Against Corruption for allegedly facilitating "regular payments" to a business owned of a staff member of former resources minister Chris Hartcher.

ICAC will examine allegations that in return Mr Hartcher "favoured the interests" of Australian Water Holdings, a company linked to the family of corrupt former Labor minister Eddie Obeid, of which Mr Di Girolamo was chief executive.

Separately Mr O'Farrell has been under pressure to reveal the extent of his contact with Mr Di Girolamo over the controversial Wallarah 2 coal mine proposal on the central coast.

In opposition Mr O'Farrell and Mr Hartcher promised to block the mine, but in government have allowed it to pass through the planning stages. It is now before the Planning Assessment Commission for determination.

Fairfax Media revealed Mr Di Girolamo registered as a lobbyist for the Korean company behind the mine, Kores Australia, in early 2012.

It has since emered he set about seeking meetings with Mr O'Farrell and Mr Hartcher over the mine.

Mr O'Farrell admitted to parliament last week he "dropped in" to a meeting between Mr Hartcher and Kores executives attended by Mr Di Girolamo in Februrary 28, 2012 - shortly before Mr Di Girolamo was officially registered as a lobbyist.

Mr O'Farrell insisted he dropped into the meeting to apologise for not previously being able to meet the president of Kores despite numerous requests. He was later forced to correct the parliamentary record after admitting a previously undisclosed meeting request by Mr Di Girolamo.

On Thursday, Mr O'Farrell's office released a list of functions and events during also attended by Mr Di Girolamo.

It reveals Mr O'Farrell attended three gala dinners of the Italian Chamber of Commerce - of which Mr Di Girolamo was president - in October 2011, October 2012 and November last year

Mr Di Girolamo was until recently deputy chairman of the West Tigers rugby league club.

Mr O'Farrell attended a Wests Tigers match on March 17 last year and a "briefing on Wests Tigers governance issues" on June 12.

On September 4 he attended a Wests Tigers corporate lunch and on October 4 attended the club's grand final lunch.

It has previously been revealed that on May 27, 2011 Mr O'Farrell attended a meeting with Mr Di Girolamo and then finance minister Greg Pearce to discuss Australian Water Holdings.

The meeting was about a $100 million contract with Sydney Water that was subsequently awarded to AWH. The contract is the subject of a separate ICAC inquiry.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/barry-ofarrel ... 34asi.html

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Fri 07 Mar, 2014 2:14 pm

If we are bent as all hell and have the freakin Premier in our pocket, why can't we get a bloody leagues club Built?!

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Sat 08 Mar, 2014 6:43 am

Plot thickens...

NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell has revealed he has met controversial Liberal identity Nick Di Girolamo at 10 functions or events since becoming Premier, including at Wests Tigers football matches, despite telling Parliament only last week he "can't remember the last time I spoke to [him]".

On Thursday, in response to opposition questioning on the issue, Mr O'Farrell claimed the Labor Party had been provided with the information a year ago as part of a freedom of information request.

But Labor says it has no record of this, raising the prospect Mr O'Farrell has misled Parliament twice in a fortnight over the issue.

Advertisement

ICAC investigation: Chris Hartcher. Photo: Sasha Woolley
Mr Di Girolamo, who was chief executive of Australian Water Holdings, a company linked to the family of corrupt former Labor minister Eddie Obeid, is being investigated by the Independent Commission Against Corruption.

Mr Di Girolamo allegedly facilitated "regular payments" to a business owned by a staff member of former resources minister Chris Hartcher.

ICAC will examine allegations that, in return, Mr Hartcher "favoured the interests" of Australian Water Holdings.

Separately, Mr O'Farrell has been under pressure to reveal the extent of his contact with Mr Di Girolamo over the controversial Wallarah 2 coalmine proposal on the central coast.

In opposition, Mr O'Farrell and Mr Hartcher promised to block the mine, but in government have allowed it to pass through the planning stages. It is now before the Planning Assessment Commission for determination.

Fairfax Media revealed Mr Di Girolamo registered as a lobbyist for the Korean company behind the mine, Kores Australia, in early 2012.

It has since emerged he set about seeking meetings with Mr O'Farrell and Mr Hartcher over the mine.

Mr O'Farrell admitted to Parliament last week he "dropped in" to a meeting between Mr Hartcher and Kores executives attended by Mr Di Girolamo in Februrary 28, 2012 - shortly before Mr Di Girolamo was officially registered as a lobbyist.

Mr O'Farrell insisted he dropped in to the meeting to apologise for not previously being able to meet the president of Kores, despite numerous requests.

He was later forced to correct the parliamentary record after admitting a previously undisclosed meeting request by Mr Di Girolamo.

On Thursday, Mr O'Farrell's office released a list of functions and events also attended by Mr Di Girolamo.

It reveals Mr O'Farrell attended three gala dinners of the Italian Chamber of Commerce - of which Mr Di Girolamo was president - in October 2011, October 2012 and November last year

Mr Di Girolamo was until recently deputy chairman of the Wests Tigers rugby league club.

Mr O'Farrell attended a Wests Tigers match on March 17 last year and a "briefing on Wests Tigers governance issues" on June 12.

On September 4, he attended a Wests Tigers corporate lunch and on October 4 attended the club's grand final lunch.

It has previously been revealed that on May 27, 2011, Mr O'Farrell attended a meeting with Mr Di Girolamo and then finance minister Greg Pearce to discuss Australian Water Holdings.

The meeting was about a $100 million contract with Sydney Water that was subsequently awarded to AWH. The contract is the subject of a separate ICAC inquiry.

WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

LCA

Post by LCA » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 5:33 pm

What is the bigger embarrassment? A (supposedly) small crowd at Campbelltown SS or that one of our leaders, Mr Nick Di Geronimo (a typo, but an appropriate one as he has allegedly skinned Sydney Water of millions of dollars for his own benefit), and, as far as I know, a current Board Member of Wests Tigers, appeared before ICAC today? Surely this guy is not still on the Board? Can anyone enlighten us?

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Mon 14 Apr, 2014 7:02 pm

LCA wrote:What is the bigger embarrassment? A (supposedly) small crowd at Campbelltown SS or that one of our leaders, Mr Nick Di Geronimo (a typo, but an appropriate one as he has allegedly skinned Sydney Water of millions of dollars for his own benefit), and, as far as I know, a current Board Member of Wests Tigers, appeared before ICAC today? Surely this guy is not still on the Board? Can anyone enlighten us?
Again, as you have made an almost identical post in another topic, you need to wait until there is a finding as to whether or not he has engaged in corrupt conduct. I don't carry any torch for him but we should protect the integrity of this forum by waiting for due process before posting allegations.