TIGERS Rozelle Development

Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24870
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: News re the club at Rozelle

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 03 Dec, 2016 9:26 pm

Ask Benny


Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5201
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sat 03 Dec, 2016 9:34 pm

tigerap wrote:Developer is laughing all the way to the bank...he paid $1 for the land (inherited the $20m debt), will sell it for $70-80m netting a coll $50m + profit....

Why oh why did Balmain sell this club?
Possibly they were mesmerised by the fantasy of greed.

User avatar
Basil Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Northern NSW(ex-Sydney).
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Basil Tiger » Sat 03 Dec, 2016 10:54 pm

tigerap wrote:Developer is laughing all the way to the bank...he paid $1 for the land (inherited the $20m debt), will sell it for $70-80m netting a coll $50m + profit....

Why oh why did Balmain sell this club?
Don't start.....
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

User avatar
Swordy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1655
Joined: Fri 02 Jul, 2010 9:34 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Swordy » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 8:58 am

It is a terrible siuation, and cleary some imbeciles were steering the ship back then.

But I will say this as a FORMER Balmain Tigers fan. I couldnt care less if Wests or anyone on that side of the merger has a 100% stake in the ownership. Im a Wests Tigers fan and as far as Im concerned, the Magpies and Balmain disappeared 17 years ago.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24549
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 201 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 9:17 am

The fact that this really nothing to do with Wests Tigers yet people still drag up the faux outrage clearly show they have not moved on as much as they doeth protest...amazaballs...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..


User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24870
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 113 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 9:45 am

Geo. wrote:The fact that this really nothing to do with Wests Tigers yet people still drag up the faux outrage clearly show they have not moved on as much as they doeth protest...amazaballs...
Who?

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 3923
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 10:09 am

I used to follow wests , so it's not a case of me not moving on.
But this could be the end for Balmain altogether . And I'll be sad if they no longer have any input into our club.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24549
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 201 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 10:48 am

innsaneink wrote:
Geo. wrote:The fact that this really nothing to do with Wests Tigers yet people still drag up the faux outrage clearly show they have not moved on as much as they doeth protest...amazaballs...
Who?
Bill Ted Warren Mary Stuart Andrew Eliza Elizabeth Else and Dave on the Balmain FB page...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24870
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 113 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 12:34 pm

gallagher wrote:I used to follow wests , so it's not a case of me not moving on.
But this could be the end for Balmain altogether . And I'll be sad if they no longer have any input into our club.
Yep.
Me too... It's a significant moment in our history imo

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2085
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Sun 04 Dec, 2016 4:13 pm

Wests Ashfield may end up owning WT 100% but that was always on the cards. Balmain like Wests Magpies will always be a part of the history of Wests Tigers. That can't and never will be changed.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15791
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 77 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 8:01 am

Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Geo. wrote:The fact that this really nothing to do with Wests Tigers yet people still drag up the faux outrage clearly show they have not moved on as much as they doeth protest...amazaballs...
Who?
Bill Ted Warren Mary Stuart Andrew Eliza Elizabeth Else and Dave on the Balmain FB page...
You mean those people who probably still put Balmain before WT?

Fossils, the lot of them.
Cause there's no time for fussing or fighting my friend, but baby I'm amazed at the hate that you can send;
And you... Painted my entire world, and I don't have the turpentine to clean what you have soiled, and I won't forget it.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6346
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 9:19 am

I was a fanatical Balmain supporter, Iam now a fanatical Weststigers supporter. One is ancient history the other is real, but like many people who are getting on in years I love to look back on times, although I am more than happy with where my team is now

Lets face it if we did not (that is Balmain) merge with the Magpies we would have been dead and buried years ago and I am grateful that I have still have a team to support, but it is not Wests or Balmain...Its the Weststigers

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 10:49 am

Until we know the conditions placed upon the site we don't know if this is a good or bad thing for Balmain. The end of Rozelle Village can only be a good thing for Balmain. The only thing they were going to provide was a very short term respite and then certain bankruptcy.
Now, at least there's a slight chance the club will be able to get back on it's previous site and become operational once again. Doesn't really have anything to do with WT, but i'd like it back in the community, and to help look after our juniors, and ultimately to keep BT as a part of WT.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24870
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 113 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 11:32 am

Balmain Boy wrote:Until we know the conditions placed upon the site we don't know if this is a good or bad thing for Balmain. The end of Rozelle Village can only be a good thing for Balmain. The only thing they were going to provide was a very short term respite and then certain bankruptcy.
Now, at least there's a slight chance the club will be able to get back on it's previous site and become operational once again. Doesn't really have anything to do with WT, but i'd like it back in the community, and to help look after our juniors, and ultimately to keep BT as a part of WT.
I like your optimism but I don't like your chances

User avatar
Basil Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Northern NSW(ex-Sydney).
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Basil Tiger » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 1:25 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:Until we know the conditions placed upon the site we don't know if this is a good or bad thing for Balmain. The end of Rozelle Village can only be a good thing for Balmain. The only thing they were going to provide was a very short term respite and then certain bankruptcy.
Now, at least there's a slight chance the club will be able to get back on it's previous site and become operational once again. Doesn't really have anything to do with WT, but i'd like it back in the community, and to help look after our juniors, and ultimately to keep BT as a part of WT.
Yeah,still lots of unknowns and scenarios to be played out.I still can't see a rosy future for a Rozelle Club especially if they're paying market value rent,it was in decline when they closed it down,Basket Weavers,Yuppies and Greenies and most New Australians do not drink,eat,play Pokies or frequent Clubs in general.
Saints is a shadow of its former self trading wise and they are surrounded by a suitable clientele.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6346
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 1:34 pm

Most clubs are on struggle street, okay there are a few exceptions, but most got smashed by the government allowing pokies in Pubs and where clubs tend to put at lot of revenue back into the community, the pokie revenue the pubs make go straight into someones back pocket

mctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:37 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by mctiger » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 1:55 pm

supercoach wrote:Most clubs are on struggle street, okay there are a few exceptions, but most got smashed by the government allowing pokies in Pubs and where clubs tend to put at lot of revenue back into the community, the pokie revenue the pubs make go straight into someones back pocket
And in the case of Balmain Leagues, they have the Casino just down the road which operates under different regulations which made it/makes it hard to compete.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 19 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Mon 05 Dec, 2016 4:27 pm

Who says a club has to only look at pokies as a form of revenue? Perhaps that business model is outdated.

Post Reply

Return to “Balmain & Western Suburbs”