TIGERS Rozelle Development

Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
Balmain Boy

Re: News re the club at Rozelle

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 13 May, 2015 4:34 pm

Well they still need to find a developer willing to create a new development that small. It's very small compared to other commercial or residential developments not only in the area but across Sydney which will significantly hamper profits.

But it's a step forward, from the backwards step the greens took a year ago. Back to the same development size we were at what, 10 years ago now?

Also the council article doesn't mention anything about rent for the club, so i'd take it with a grain of salt at this stage.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 13 May, 2015 4:34 pm

Newtown wrote:2033 sq metres allocated. I wonder how that compares to the old club's space.
Not sure but the old club was a bit awkward being split over 3 levels. If the new club is one a single floor it's better even if it's smaller.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 13 May, 2015 4:36 pm

The developers still have a say to though don't they?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 13 May, 2015 4:41 pm

Well that's the interesting and unknown part at this stage.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 13 May, 2015 4:48 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:Well they still need to find a developer willing to create a new development that small. It's very small compared to other commercial or residential developments not only in the area but across Sydney which will significantly hamper profits.

But it's a step forward, from the backwards step the greens took a year ago. Back to the same development size we were at what, 10 years ago now?

Also the council article doesn't mention anything about rent for the club, so i'd take it with a grain of salt at this stage.

Yep...that Byrne seems to say a LOT of positive things...but theres never any eveidence to back up what he says...I wouldnt trust him as far as I could spit

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Wed 13 May, 2015 4:53 pm

Am I reading this right that it's just a planning model and they have no developer proposing this?

Or do they have someone in the private sector who has proposed this and is intending to build it?

I can't determine from the release. If it's the first, then REALLY? They now have agreed planning principles after YEARS of proposals?

quintus
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by quintus » Wed 13 May, 2015 5:00 pm

My prayers have been answered....Thank you my Lord my Saviour.... :sign:

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 13 May, 2015 5:05 pm

Dont think they will have a problem attracting a developer - two bed units selling off the plan in Rozelle for a over a million some at 1,200 000, one bedders over $800.000 They can fit a lot of units in a six to eight story development. With the way the realestate market is in that area and the level of demand it is probably a very attractive proposition for developers.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 13 May, 2015 5:06 pm

Usual suspects hitting it with negative spin.

On the upside we have finally been given the green light to expand the leagues club after YEARS...and we are getting Leichhardt Oval for free.

Id say we are winning by plenty!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 13 May, 2015 5:07 pm

Telltails wrote:Dont think they will have a problem attracting a developer - two bed units selling off the plan in Rozelle for a over a million some at 1,200 000, one bedders over $800.000 They can fit a lot of units in a six to eight story development. With the way the realestate market is in that area and the level of demand it is probably a very attractive proposition for developers.

Agreed.....116 units!!

And with a cinema and the leagues club in the building...in primo area!

I wanna live there!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Wed 13 May, 2015 5:09 pm

quintus wrote:My prayers have been answered....Thank you my Lord my Saviour.... :sign:

Its been sad without it!!

My crew always used to go for beers before and dinner and presser after.

Top fun if we won!

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Wed 13 May, 2015 5:10 pm

Still alot of questions to be answered :

-will the developer go for this plan? It's his property after all.
-has the new development been officially voted on by council?
-who will be paying rent on the Tiger's behalf?
-is the proposed club size financially viable?
-what is the club's input/reaction/response?

Byrne is a politician, not a nun, I wouldn't trust his spin-doctoring as far as I could throw him.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 13 May, 2015 5:33 pm

Abraham wrote:Still alot of questions to be answered :

-will the developer go for this plan? It's his property after all.
-has the new development been officially voted on by council?
-who will be paying rent on the Tiger's behalf?
-is the proposed club size financially viable?
-what is the club's input/reaction/response?

Byrne is a politician, not a nun, I wouldn't trust his spin-doctoring as far as I could throw him.

The usual suspects eh.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 13 May, 2015 5:36 pm

Only an idiot trusts a politician at his word. I'd be very wary. Wouldn't surprise me if he's just trying to use this as a vehicle to make himself look like a hero. It was the same thing with LO. Is he putting himself out there giving these things unanimous support and offering the keys to the kingdom knowing the outcome is bleak, so he can turn around and point the finger at everyone else when these projects don't get off the ground?

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Wed 13 May, 2015 5:58 pm

Has council actually released anything official?

All I have seen is a facebook post from Byrne at this stage.

Forgive my pessimism, however from my limited dealings with Darcy Byrne he seems nothing more than a Prima Donna looking for another 15 mins of fame. If this gets off the ground, then I'll tip my hat to him.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 13 May, 2015 6:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Only an idiot trusts a politician at his word. I'd be very wary. Wouldn't surprise me if he's just trying to use this as a vehicle to make himself look like a hero. It was the same thing with LO. Is he putting himself out there giving these things unanimous support and offering the keys to the kingdom knowing the outcome is bleak, so he can turn around and point the finger at everyone else when these projects don't get off the ground?
You could be right. Hope you're wrong GNR. I'd love a WestsTigers club to open up in that spot.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 13 May, 2015 6:21 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Only an idiot trusts a politician at his word. I'd be very wary. Wouldn't surprise me if he's just trying to use this as a vehicle to make himself look like a hero. It was the same thing with LO. Is he putting himself out there giving these things unanimous support and offering the keys to the kingdom knowing the outcome is bleak, so he can turn around and point the finger at everyone else when these projects don't get off the ground?
You could be right. Hope you're wrong GNR. I'd love a WestsTigers club to open up in that spot.

Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4
I could be wrong, but when you're dealing with Politicians, never hold your breath. How can he offer free rent when he doesn't even own the site?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 13 May, 2015 6:23 pm

Abraham wrote:Has council actually released anything official?

All I have seen is a facebook post from Byrne at this stage.

Forgive my pessimism, however from my limited dealings with Darcy Byrne he seems nothing more than a Prima Donna looking for another 15 mins of fame. If this gets off the ground, then I'll tip my hat to him.

Darcy "Half the Story" Byrne