Sabre

Re: TIGERS Rozelle Development

Post by Sabre » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 5:04 pm

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 5:18 pm

This propsal may actually get through.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 6:19 pm

Aaaah .... Darcy Byrne getting all over it once again.
Funnily enough you can see the initial post in this thread back in 2015 was Darcy telling us everything was going to be roses then.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 6:26 pm

Residents still won't like it, but hope it gets pushed through. Much better for their property prices than a derelict rat infested den!

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 9:00 pm

cktiger wrote:
Wed 07 Feb, 2018 6:19 pm
Aaaah .... Darcy Byrne getting all over it once again.
Funnily enough you can see the initial post in this thread back in 2015 was Darcy telling us everything was going to be roses then.
He seems to be all talk doesn't he. Back Balmain Tigers publicly and on social media but then do nothing to help.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:46 pm

Laneways huh? Well they certainly know their market!

Abraham

Post by Abraham » Thu 08 Feb, 2018 8:13 am

Two parts of this story really caught my eye.

One was the "gifitng" of the space to the Balmain Leagues Club. This means the Club would actually own the premises, rather than simply being a tenant. That is a massive piece of good news.

The other was that the new developers are still wanting to build 12 story towers, which is the same size that was rejected by council (and the courts i think) repeatedly in the past. Wonder what they have up their sleeves if they think this proposal will be successful.

Let's see what happens here.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 08 Feb, 2018 10:49 am

12 storeys was the level which was permitted 10 years ago, then council wanted to rezone it down to 6-8 i think, which is small compared to many other developments in the area.

A long long way to go but at least it's not a developer wanting 20-30 storeys.

Traffic, parking etc will be the key. If the Westconnex tunnel under Rozelle goes ahead then there would be few issues, and this would be a boost for local shops and residents.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Thu 08 Feb, 2018 12:08 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 08 Feb, 2018 10:49 am
12 storeys was the level which was permitted 10 years ago, then council wanted to rezone it down to 6-8 i think, which is small compared to many other developments in the area.

A long long way to go but at least it's not a developer wanting 20-30 storeys.

Traffic, parking etc will be the key. If the Westconnex tunnel under Rozelle goes ahead then there would be few issues, and this would be a boost for local shops and residents.
The state govt were also talking a metro underneath which would doubly solve the traffic issue.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Thu 08 Feb, 2018 12:57 pm

Gee dare I dream about going to the leagues after a big win and having a few??

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 08 Feb, 2018 7:58 pm

Id say thats about it in a nutshell....a dream

Patts

Post by Patts » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:11 pm

I seriously hope for Balmain (and consequently the Wests Tigers) that a development can go ahead and they finally get back to Rozelle. Balmain are only a minority shareholder these days but it's definitely better to have a minority partner that can contribute.
My fear for Balmain though is, reportedly, their debts run into the tens of millions it may not be possible to trade out of the hole that is swallowing them. If Balmain know bankruptcy is enivitable, and the Wests Tigers is their only future; than the best move maybe to hand the space over to Wests Ashfield/Wests Tigers to develop a new leagues club on the premises.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:18 pm

Patts wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:11 pm
I seriously hope for Balmain (and consequently the Wests Tigers) that a development can go ahead and they finally get back to Rozelle. Balmain are only a minority shareholder these days but it's definitely better to have a minority partner that can contribute.
My fear for Balmain though is, reportedly, their debts run into the tens of millions it may not be possible to trade out of the hole that is swallowing them. If Balmain know bankruptcy is enivitable, and the Wests Tigers is their only future; than the best move maybe to hand the space over to Wests Ashfield/Wests Tigers to develop a new leagues club on the premises.
Might be the way ahead Patts. I’m a Balmain member but would support a WestsTigers leagues club in the area.
Need more props.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:26 pm

Ive heard it might be governed by West’s Tigers / Ashfield. I’m sure the financial support would be a big consideration in the proposal.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:30 pm

How well was Balmain Leagues trading beore it closed? I thought they were struggling and that was blamed on location. If that's the case, what shill be different this time?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:58 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:30 pm
How well was Balmain Leagues trading beore it closed? I thought they were struggling and that was blamed on location. If that's the case, what shill be different this time?
Take away the various grants and it was profitable even with a fairly lousy layout. A new club with a decent layout and surrounded by magnet attractions like a supermarket and they should do fine.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 6:02 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:26 pm
Ive heard it might be governed by West’s Tigers / Ashfield. I’m sure the financial support would be a big consideration in the proposal.
Heard from who? It's what BRLC have been waiting for. If they're not going to run it what's the point of continuing?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 6:06 pm

Patts wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 5:11 pm
They're trading now. If they can get up and trading it should be fine. I don't know what the debt is but I'd doubt it's tens of millions.