Ryan Papenhuyzen

Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
jirskyr
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 97 times

Re: Ryan Papenhuyzen

Unread post by jirskyr » Tue 28 Jul, 2015 11:34 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:We let Martin go but it may provide time to develop another good player.
It's a good point, I do wonder how many promising juniors in one position you can hold at the same time. Clubs may intentionally focus on 3-4 year gaps between emerging players.

lathami

Unread post by lathami » Tue 28 Jul, 2015 11:46 am

Please waiting on kimmorely to promote a great kid into the 20s team, U are kidding! If we don't get rid of Kimmorely quick we wont have any juniors left...

nipper652

Unread post by nipper652 » Tue 28 Jul, 2015 12:27 pm

It is very unlikely Ryan will play NYC this year, remember he only just turned 17 and has plenty of people in front of him. Not sure I see the urgency to have a 17 year old rushed into NYC, he still has 2-3 years to make it, it is not a race!
It seems that every club is rushing to blood 17 year olds. Watched a couple of NYC games over the weekend and saw some other clubs blooding there older SG Ball lads, some coped with the step up & others did not.
I'm sure when the time is right it will happen

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 7:08 pm

https://twitter.com/ryanpapenhuyzen

Lol only has 112 followers... I expect that will change.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sun 27 Sep, 2015 2:56 pm

Just scored a hattrick in the Australian Schoolboys v New Zealand U18s game.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 27 Sep, 2015 4:56 pm

Great news. A fine talent who provides some consolation over the loss of Martin.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Wed 30 Sep, 2015 5:12 pm

It's great that Ryan scored a few tries, however to put it in context the Aussies put 70 points past the kiwis. Would be more concerning if he didn't get a few when the team racks up a cricket score.

Another game v the kiwis on Thursday apparently.

Also Ryan has been named in the Balmain SG Ball side for 2016, however i doubt that he'll play there and rather will be promoted straight to NYC in November...

Tiger Tim
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Tiger Tim » Wed 30 Sep, 2015 7:06 pm

Isn't NYC gone for 2016? I don't know where that puts him because he is too young for NSW Cup so i guess one more year in the juniors.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 268 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 30 Sep, 2015 7:48 pm

Tiger Tim wrote:Isn't NYC gone for 2016? I don't know where that puts him because he is too young for NSW Cup so i guess one more year in the juniors.
NYC will remain until the current TV deal expires...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 2:21 pm

Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 83 times

Unread post by 851 » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 7:09 pm

Wonder how he would go in the centres, well done to the kid though, seems like an ll round sportsman.
Go hard or go home

palms

Unread post by palms » Tue 11 Oct, 2016 10:44 am

Any more news on this kids development. Unfortunately living in QLD i'm limited to seeing junior games in Sydney now. How was his progress towards the end of the year? I'd say probably another full season off first grade with his frame?

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Tue 11 Oct, 2016 12:09 pm

palms wrote:Any more news on this kids development. Unfortunately living in QLD i'm limited to seeing junior games in Sydney now. How was his progress towards the end of the year? I'd say probably another full season off first grade with his frame?
Unfortunately he got injured (broken foot i think) playing rep footy and then missed the last 6-8 weeks of the season and the finals. The club rates him extremely highly though.

He needs to put on another 10kgs. Only played 7-8 NYC games all season i'd say so he still needs more time to work on his game but he played a bit of wing, fullback and centre.

Fast and a good support player. Not very big but seems to have a bit of mongrel in him.

I'm sure he'll be training with the NRL squad for the first part of the off-season so we should hopefully hear more about his progress soon.

palms

Unread post by palms » Tue 11 Oct, 2016 12:38 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
palms wrote:Any more news on this kids development. Unfortunately living in QLD i'm limited to seeing junior games in Sydney now. How was his progress towards the end of the year? I'd say probably another full season off first grade with his frame?
Unfortunately he got injured (broken foot i think) playing rep footy and then missed the last 6-8 weeks of the season and the finals. The club rates him extremely highly though.

He needs to put on another 10kgs. Only played 7-8 NYC games all season i'd say so he still needs more time to work on his game but he played a bit of wing, fullback and centre.

Fast and a good support player. Not very big but seems to have a bit of mongrel in him.

I'm sure he'll be training with the NRL squad for the first part of the off-season so we should hopefully hear more about his progress soon.
Thanks BB. He looks like such a natural athlete and highly regarded so i'm very keen to pay attention to his development over the next year or so!

nipper652

Unread post by nipper652 » Tue 11 Oct, 2016 1:26 pm

palms wrote:
Balmain Boy wrote:

Thanks BB. He looks like such a natural athlete and highly regarded so i'm very keen to pay attention to his development over the next year or so!
Not much luck this year with injuries, he suffered a pretty bad break to his hand in the 1st game at the Australian Schools tournament in June and was out for 6 weeks. Then the week he returned to training he injured his hamstring and tendon, I understand he is still receiving treatment but will return to full training at the end of October when he completes his HSC.

He needs a big off season and hopefully he can put on some bulk prior to season 2017.

ALX22
Has liked: 5 times

Unread post by ALX22 » Tue 11 Oct, 2016 3:47 pm

These injuries will only make him stronger. Good luck next year Ryan.

Kul
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by Kul » Tue 11 Oct, 2016 6:33 pm

nipper652 wrote:
Not much luck this year with injuries, he suffered a pretty bad break to his hand in the 1st game at the Australian Schools tournament in June and was out for 6 weeks. Then the week he returned to training he injured his hamstring and tendon, I understand he is still receiving treatment but will return to full training at the end of October when he completes his HSC.

He needs a big off season and hopefully he can put on some bulk prior to season 2017.
Thanks for the update :sign:

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Wed 12 Oct, 2016 8:03 pm

Looking forward to seeing how he goes next season. From the little I saw of him this season he looked sharp.

Return to “Balmain & Western Suburbs”