HM & SG Ball 2016

Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
ALX22
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

HM & SG Ball 2016

Unread post by ALX22 » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 12:21 am

Balmain Tigers HM
Reggie Alofipo, Nathan Atkinson, Keenan Ben-Paniora, Vea Bloomfield, E J Brown-Vaelua, Ben Cody, Sam Elias, Lachlan Hughes, Lachlan Ilias, Samuel Karwhin, Saul Lewis, Samiuela Mafi, Ben Mallia, Marco Micalizzi, Owen Moefilli, Mydon Ong, Joshua Rizk, Stephen Sands, Jason Smyth, Ben Stevanovic, Daniel Sykes, Mateo Tatola, Sosia Teakaraanga, Tyler Tuigamala, Brendon Wing.

Western Suburbs Magpies HM
Jakob Blake, Brody Dooner, Dylan Edwards, Tyrone Harding, Mason Hurst, Freddy Kini, Tukaha Kyriacou, Henry Lealuga-Puhotau, Jayke Lealuga-Puhotau, Marcus Moore, Rua Ngati, Cameron Oitmann, Elijah Peacock, Ben Quinlan, Tyler Rullis, Kolin Saukuvu, William Saunders, Felix Smith, Nathaniel Tiata, Etuale Toa, Christian Urso, James Valevatu, Logan Vrbanic, Mosese Vuki, Ryan Wessel, Marc Zaurrini.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/02/08 ... _2016.html

Balmain Tigers SG Ball
Zac Allen, Tevita Amone, Richard Amone, Lachlan Attwood, William Baker, Josh Bermingham, Caleb Campbell, Edward Carter, Adam Doueihi, Justin Frain, John Paul Hannawe, Kahil Johnson, Will Lawson, Abdalla Matar, Angelo Panambalama, Ryan Papenhuyzen, Adam Rizk, Alex Seyfarth, Moses Suli, Spike Teio, Kobe Thorson, Justice Utatoa, Bennett Wheelhouse.

Western Suburbs Magpies SG Ball
Tom Angel, Cameron Brabender, Lucas Castle, Ailand Davis-Pihema, Kye Dean, Jai Ferguson, Gus Garzaniti, Dallas Greico, Andrew Horne, Dee Ioapo, Jamen Johnson, Mitchell Jones, Hosea Leuea, Lekendrick Mascoe, Netane Masima, Tala Mauigoa, Daniel Muir, Nathan Tui, Ben Powers, Lachlan Russell, Jake Scott, Bryce Shaw, Hans Ta’ala, Jonathan Talamaivao, James Tautaiolefua, Manisela Teuhema, Komiti Vetemotu, Alatanu Wright.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/02/08 ... quads.html

jirskyr
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 9:15 am

Anyone know anything about this next crop? I see a few familiar surnames in there.

Lekendrick Mascoe surely has to get a run in NYC, love the name.

TopTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TopTiger » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 9:24 am

Big wraps on the Balmain SG Ball fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 10:29 am

Ryan Papenhuyzen is a freak, he will play NYC this year, he'll be the biggest name and best player (going into) SG Ball without doubt. Wouldnt surprise me if they put him straight into NYC.
Ive seen a lot of the Balmain SG Ball side, and they have picked a young side, 5 or 6 are a year young. One of which is a name for the future Adam Rizk.
Havent seen a lot of the West SG Ball players, but another player a year young , that Im a fan of is Jai Ferguson, he is a Penrith kid who I really rate.
HM I recognise a few names, but dont really know any of the players from either team. Unusual normally both sides have a couple of players that I have spotted at the 15's school carnivals.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 11:05 am

Samuel Karwhin in the Balmain HM's a relation of Obed's I'm guessing ??

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 11:29 am

happy tiger wrote:Samuel Karwhin in the Balmain HM's a relation of Obed's I'm guessing ??
Im guessing so, but dont know.

I know Mateo Tatola is related to Junior (and the other brothers on the way through the system), he is well regarded, but never seen him play.
Bennett Wheelhouse is related to the others Jake and Jayden, and is very good.

Maybe we will have a host of brothers playing together

It is in the genetics :)

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 11:48 am

happy tiger wrote:Samuel Karwhin in the Balmain HM's a relation of Obed's I'm guessing ??
I think he's his cousin. I spoke with him on Facebook once or twice in discussions about Obed. Said he was a youngster who liked league and the Tigers. Didn't think he was that young though.

Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 11:53 am

Goose wrote:Ryan Papenhuyzen is a freak, he will play NYC this year, he'll be the biggest name and best player (going into) SG Ball without doubt. Wouldnt surprise me if they put him straight into NYC.
Ive seen a lot of the Balmain SG Ball side, and they have picked a young side, 5 or 6 are a year young. One of which is a name for the future Adam Rizk.
Havent seen a lot of the West SG Ball players, but another player a year young , that Im a fan of is Jai Ferguson, he is a Penrith kid who I really rate.
HM I recognise a few names, but dont really know any of the players from either team. Unusual normally both sides have a couple of players that I have spotted at the 15's school carnivals.
I would have thought they would put Papenhuyzen straight into the NYC, especially if this is it's last season. He would be a class above in SG Ball, don't really see him learning too much. Can only think it's about giving his body time to grow up slowly, as there's still some pretty big boys running around in NYC and i'm sure they don't want him suffering any serious injuries while his body fills out.

But then there are small guys who play and excel in NYC too...

Papenhuyzen hasn't been mentioned in any of the train-on or even trials squads for NYC either so it seems he hasn't really had anything to do with them at all yet. Would have thought he'd play trials but maybe start off in SG Ball before progressing to NYC soon after.

Rizk is a halfback right? NSW u16s too if i recall correctly.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 260 times

Unread post by Geo. » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 12:19 pm

Who's coaching these teams...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 5:04 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Goose wrote:Ryan Papenhuyzen is a freak, he will play NYC this year, he'll be the biggest name and best player (going into) SG Ball without doubt. Wouldnt surprise me if they put him straight into NYC.
I would have thought they would put Papenhuyzen straight into the NYC, especially if this is it's last season. He would be a class above in SG Ball, don't really see him learning too much. Can only think it's about giving his body time to grow up slowly, as there's still some pretty big boys running around in NYC and i'm sure they don't want him suffering any serious injuries while his body fills out.

But then there are small guys who play and excel in NYC too...

Papenhuyzen hasn't been mentioned in any of the train-on or even trials squads for NYC either so it seems he hasn't really had anything to do with them at all yet. Would have thought he'd play trials but maybe start off in SG Ball before progressing to NYC soon after.

Rizk is a halfback right? NSW u16s too if i recall correctly.
Rizk is a halfback, he has made all the rep teams so far. I have said previously that he would end up as a fullback or outside back, but he is starting to look more and more a half back, pretty electric for a halfback IMO. In his age there are 2 standout halves him and Alex Seve from Parra, reckon they both have high potential.

I would think they would push Pepenhuyzen straight through to NYC, doesnt look that way though.

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 6:46 pm

Ryan is in year 12. Only the kids who choose to leave high school tend to play NYC early in the season iirc.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 8:30 pm

MacDougall wrote:Ryan is in year 12. Only the kids who choose to leave high school tend to play NYC early in the season iirc.
Quite a few play NYC at school , but it is sensible to concentrate on school.
He will destroy SG Ball.

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 8:57 pm

They also often come up after ball ends

ALX22
Has liked: 5 times

Unread post by ALX22 » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 9:17 pm

Round 1
HM
Penrith v Balmain
Pepper Stadium, Saturday, 13 February 10:00am
Referee: Cameron Paddy Touch Judges: Billy Greatbach and Bianca Santi

BALMAIN: 1 BEN STEVANOVIC 2 MYDON ONG 3 REGGIE ALOFIPO 4 TYLER TUIGAMALA 5 DANIEL SYKES 6 LACHLAN ILIAS 7 SAUL LEWIS 8 SOSAIA TEAKARAANGA 9 SAM ELIAS 10 VEA BLOOMFIELD 11 BEN CODY 12 MATEO TATOLA 23 KEENAN BEN PANIORA 17 LACHLAN HUGHES 18 OWEN MOEFILI 22 JOSH RIZK 23 TBA COACH JARRED FARLOW

Western Suburbs Magpies Bye

SG Ball
Penrith v Balmain
Pepper Stadium, Saturday 13 February 11:30am
Referee: Jake Sutherland Touch Judges: Cameron Turner and Tom Stindl

BALMAIN: 1 RYAN PAPENHUYZEN 2 ANGELO PANAMBALAMA 3 ZAC ALLEN 24 MOSESE SULI 5 ABDALLA MATAR 6 JOSH BERMINGHAM 7 ADAM RIZK 8 SPIKE TEIO 9 BENNETT WHEELHOUSE 10 CALEB CAMPBELL 11 JUSTIN FRAIN 12 ALEX SEYFARTH 13 ADAM DOUEIHI 14 KOBE THORSON 15 LACHLAN ATTWOOD 17 WILL LAWSON 20 OFA AMONE COACH MICHAEL FRAIN

Western Suburbs Magpies Bye

nipper652

Unread post by nipper652 » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 8:51 am

MacDougall wrote:Ryan is in year 12. Only the kids who choose to leave high school tend to play NYC early in the season iirc.
He trained with both the SG Ball & NYC prior to Xmas, currently concentrating on SG Ball (& school)

jirskyr
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 96 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 9:13 am

This is not a Balmain v Magpies thing, but I am curious that most of the names highlighted by forum members come from Balmain - Papenhuyzen, Rizk, Wheelhouse, Kharwin, Tatola.

Is this a reflection of the current talent pool in the two districts, or just greater observation by fans from one area vs another?

Because it seems to me that the last two crops of local juniors are also fairly Balmain-heavy: Bayley Siro, Tatola, Sokobalava, Pifeleti... before that the Brooks / Moses / Siro Jr generation. Prior to that it was probably a Wests run with Sue and Tedesco.

I guess these things just go in cycles?

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 138 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 9:51 am

Goose wrote:
Im guessing so, but dont know.

I know Mateo Tatola is related to Junior (and the other brothers on the way through the system), he is well regarded, but never seen him play.
Bennett Wheelhouse is related to the others Jake and Jayden, and is very good.

Maybe we will have a host of brothers playing together

It is in the genetics :)
Wheelies old man player for the Rosters

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 138 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 10 Feb, 2016 9:55 am

jirskyr wrote:This is not a Balmain v Magpies thing, but I am curious that most of the names highlighted by forum members come from Balmain - Papenhuyzen, Rizk, Wheelhouse, Kharwin, Tatola.

Is this a reflection of the current talent pool in the two districts, or just greater observation by fans from one area vs another?

Because it seems to me that the last two crops of local juniors are also fairly Balmain-heavy: Bayley Siro, Tatola, Sokobalava, Pifeleti... before that the Brooks / Moses / Siro Jr generation. Prior to that it was probably a Wests run with Sue and Tedesco.

I guess these things just go in cycles?
Tatolas were recruited very early from Berala I think
( dogs) Pif as well from Dogs area at about 13.
Kharwins are originally Parramatta jnrs
Half the players mentioned have been involved in Sirro snrs teams

Return to “Balmain & Western Suburbs”