Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
Balmain Boy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: ROZELLE VILLAGE DELAYS TIGERS DEVELOPMENT

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 10:30 am

Without the independents the club will likely implode again. They need to stay. Both the Wests and Balmain board members have shown they are incapable of running a successful team in the past. We're actually moving forwards for the first time in 15 years.

And i'd rather Harry come on board with TPA's than as a joint owner.

I wonder if people realise that even if Harry 'bails' out Balmain we's still have lost their part in the joint venture too... Harry isn't just going to write a blank cheque and let those nobodies squander it all away through their usual mismanagement. He'll take control and have ownership of their half. Balmain will have nothing, but their replacement will be a sympathiser for their cause.

wd in perth
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 10:35 am

Balmain Boy wrote:Without the independents the club will likely implode again. They need to stay. Both the Wests and Balmain board members have shown they are incapable of running a successful team in the past. We're actually moving forwards for the first time in 15 years.

I wonder if people realise that even if Harry 'bails' out Balmain we's still have lost their part in the joint venture too... Harry isn't just going to write a blank cheque and let those nobodies squander it all away through their usual mismanagement. He'll take control and have ownership of their half. Balmain will have nothing, but their replacement will be a sympathiser for their cause.

And if that was to be the case, I'd be happy as Im sure most would given his track record for success in business.

Snake
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 55 times

Unread post by Snake » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 11:14 am

What the article failed to mention was there are 2 interested parties willing to talk about buying Balmain out Mr Bryden..Mr Jaycar . The worst case for the Weststigers would be Mr Meriton buying out Balmain as there goes any TPA's and bye bye to Brooks / Moses and others.
Balmain are just pulling the Westsigers into there sink hole of debt make no mistake ..I have already posted this is the elephant in the room .

Gary Bakerloo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Gary Bakerloo » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 11:49 am

innsaneink wrote:
    happy tiger wrote:I didn't realize that Go and the other independent directors are gone if Balmain can't meet their obligations

Would you keep them on until seasons end for stability ??
    Yeh me too
    Doesn't make sense... Unless it's just the telegraph pre empting what Wests may do?
    Rothfield provides 3 scenarios, or 3 potential shareholders if you like, and makes the argument that under all 3 scenarios, Go and the independents would be gone.

Balmain Boy
    Forum Suppoter
    Forum Suppoter
    Has liked: 8 times
    Been liked: 24 times

Unread post by Balmain Boy » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 2:12 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
    innsaneink wrote:
      happy tiger wrote:I didn't realize that Go and the other independent directors are gone if Balmain can't meet their obligations

Yeh me too
      Doesn't make sense... Unless it's just the telegraph pre empting what Wests may do?
      Rothfield provides 3 scenarios, or 3 potential shareholders if you like, and makes the argument that under all 3 scenarios, Go and the independents would be gone.
      Just stop reading/writing/thinking after you see the name Phil Rothfield. He's one of the uttermost garbage trash-bags who work for newscorp. About as reliable as one of Donald Drumpf's campaign promises.

hammertime
      Has liked: 27 times
      Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by hammertime » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 2:47 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
      Gary Bakerloo wrote:
      innsaneink wrote:

Yeh me too
        Just stop reading/writing/thinking after you see the name Phil Rothfield. He's one of the uttermost garbage trash-bags who work for newscorp. About as reliable as one of Donald Drumpf's campaign promises.
        Love the Drumpf reference BB.

I agree mate. If we get a private buyer, the independents won't be gone. I can't even see them being removed with Wests in control - unless they want to severely pee off the NRL.

goldcoast tiger
        Has liked: 34 times
        Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 3:31 pm

Snake wrote:What the article failed to mention was there are 2 interested parties willing to talk about buying Balmain out Mr Bryden..Mr Jaycar . The worst case for the Weststigers would be Mr Meriton buying out Balmain as there goes any TPA's and bye bye to Brooks / Moses and others.
        Balmain are just pulling the Westsigers into there sink hole of debt make no mistake ..I have already posted this is the elephant in the room .
        We'd all be a lot better off if instead of sending Dawnie off to try and talk Harry into buying Balmains half, she talks him into simply putting a few TPA,s into the club. Something that he can't do if he buys in. Bugger all would change if Harry bought in, except we may have all this start over when/if Harry decides to sell out later.
        He hasn't seemed to be really interested anyway.
        Without TPA,s , nothing changes much

goldcoast tiger
        Has liked: 34 times
        Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 3:38 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:Without the independents the club will likely implode again. They need to stay. Both the Wests and Balmain board members have shown they are incapable of running a successful team in the past. We're actually moving forwards for the first time in 15 years.

Wests seem to be doing ok on their own, I think it's just Balmain who have stuffed up. ( and that's not a Wests/ Balmain thing either) it's just the way it is.
        And I for one, do NOT want anyone being a sympathiser for anyone's cause , except West Tigers cause. If Harry wants to help Wests Tigers. That's up tto him. But if he only does that to save Balmain, then who needs him?

Go Moltzen

Unread post by Go Moltzen » Thu 17 Mar, 2016 6:42 pm

State Government Rozelle Metro plan pushes Balmain Tigers Leagues Club closer to extinction.

March 17, 2016 12:40pm
        Deborah FitzGeraldInner West Courier Inner City

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslo ... 13d731ab81

AN eleventh hour bid by Transport NSW to join court proceedings over the battle to redevelop the Balmain Tigers site puts the long-dead Rozelle Metro back in play, and another nail in the coffin for the embattled club.

The development application for the old leagues club site was set to be determined in the Land and Environment Court by March 30 but the application by Transport NSW may throw out the timetable.

The long-running saga which has pitted developer Rozelle Village against Leichhardt Council for the past decade has added to the Tigers’ problems with reduced revenue from poker machines while away from the site.

The club was given two weeks to find $5.4 million loaned to it by the NRL two years ago, or hand over the full licence to joint venture partner, Western Suburbs.

Developer Ian Wright said any further delays and he would be forced to walk away from a deal to bring the Tigers back to a new clubhouse on the site.

The Inner West Courier reported in December that the Rozelle Metro plan was still alive despite it being killed off under the former Labor government and heavily criticised by the Liberal Party.

At the time, Transport NSW said it had undertaken an assessment on whether the Rozelle Village development would have an impact on the CBD Metro corridor.

It said the proposed building basement and foundations would impact on the Rozelle Station cavern.

“Transport corridors are put in place based on long term planning to ensure that, when the time comes, public transport can be delivered as easily and cost effectively as possible.”

Mr Wright said Transport NSW had ample time to apply to be a party to the proceedings and did not know why it had waited until the last minute.

“The latest shenanigans are certainly suspicious.”

“This puts the whole process in jeopardy once again and it could cost the Tigers dearly.”

Rozelle Village has been fighting to get two residential towers on the former site and had initially been in favour of the Metro, which would have solved some of the transport issues surrounding the development.

The current proposal for two towers of 12 storeys and 8 storeys was rejected by the Joint Regional Planning Panel and sent back to the council. Rozelle Village appealed to the LEC under the terms of a ‘deemed refusal’ after the council did not rule on the matter within 42 days

In 2009, the then Labor Government spent $500 million acquiring properties in the area to build an underground metro but was met with fierce opposition by locals and transport advocates and abandoned the plan.

Premier Mike Baird announced the government’s plan for a new CBD metro line last year but there was no mention of the failed Rozelle metro station.

New metro stations were confirmed for Crows Nest, Victoria Cross (North Sydney), Barangaroo, Martin Place, Pitt St (near Park Street) and underground at Central.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Balmain & Western Suburbs”