Wests Magpies team v Newtown

Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
Balmain Bug

Re: Wests Magpies team v Newtown

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 09 Aug, 2009 8:18 am

. . . . the VB's were nice but they charge like a wounded bull for a sausage sandwich . . . .
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 09 Aug, 2009 8:56 am

Not sure if Brendan Waters knows how to pass from left to right ,once again with overlaps out wide, brendan decides to hog it and go himself,,twice he went to ground with it on the fifth tackle,,please LEO address this problem,he's been doing it for a few weeks now,,His kicking game is very ordinary to say the least,,wants to grubber kick for himself all the time ,when he should be making a contest for the ball by hoisting it up wide for his outside backs...
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Sun 09 Aug, 2009 9:01 am

Laurie was no better this week at all ,missed tackles which led to tries, not hitting the ball up with any real mongrel...I cant see him in first grade for quiet a while ,,he'll be lucky to make the magpies side for next week...imo..
EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE..

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 09 Aug, 2009 9:53 am

tomcat wrote:Laurie was no better this week at all ,missed tackles which led to tries, not hitting the ball up with any real mongrel...I cant see him in first grade for quiet a while ,,he'll be lucky to make the magpies side for next week...imo..
GREAT....still sooking.... :cry:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

TheDen

Post by TheDen » Sun 09 Aug, 2009 11:31 am

Josh Davis was a handful everytime he touched the ball a shame he didn't see it more often. This game was there for the taking for the Maggies. Sonny Tugimala scored a beauty as well for the Jets. Agree regarding comments on Laurie dropped off too many tackles one which led led to a try and didn't run with any venom.

Is on report as well Possible head slam? Couldn't see from where I was

galahs

Post by galahs » Mon 10 Aug, 2009 12:51 pm

I thought the prices were reasonable.

$16 = 3 steak sandwiches + a KB
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 10 Aug, 2009 1:13 pm

State Cup is always good value for a family as well mate.

That and the majority of grounds let them play on the pitch at half time.

I think it is a great way to introduce kids to the game, gives them a touch of history, the players are very approachable and it won't cost the parents an arm and a leg

galahs

Post by galahs » Mon 10 Aug, 2009 11:51 pm

I agree, and Newtown really does it well.

The hill was full of family's, there was family friendly food like steak and sausage sandwiches, plenty of good quality merchandise, cheap beer and cold drinks, kids running on the field at half and full time, that bloke on the Penny farthing doing laps when Newtown scored a try, and the players come over the acknowledge the fans after the game... really a great day at the footy.
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Tue 11 Aug, 2009 7:54 pm

galahs wrote:I agree, and Newtown really does it well.

The hill was full of family's, there was family friendly food like steak and sausage sandwiches, plenty of good quality merchandise, cheap beer and cold drinks, kids running on the field at half and full time, that bloke on the Penny farthing doing laps when Newtown scored a try, and the players come over the acknowledge the fans after the game... really a great day at the footy.
Apparently there was a crowd of just under 9000 there.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 11 Aug, 2009 7:57 pm

galahs wrote:I agree, and Newtown really does it well.

Yeah i love henson/Magpies games regardless of the fact we never damn well win, but it really takes me back to when footy was just pure footy, its a good day there bar their annoying songs

alien

Post by alien » Tue 11 Aug, 2009 10:57 pm

Sometimes I really enjoy going to the Magpies games in the NSW Cup more than going to the Wests Tigers first grade games. My favorite game last year out of all the first grade and NSW Cup games was the Wests Magpies game against North Sydney in the finals at Campbelltown stadium.