Rd 22. BRET Team vs Newtown @ Sat 5th Sept. @ Henson @ 3pm

Balmain Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies Junior Development Discussion
crouching_tiger

Re: Rd 22. BRET Team vs Newtown @ Sat 5th Sept. @ Henson @ 3pm

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 07 Sep, 2009 3:30 pm

Aladinsane wrote:I have to admit the vibe at Henson Park was fantastic on a sunny Saturday afternoon , with I reckon over 2,000 fans, a lot drinking KB.
Throw in a glossy (in colour) Rugby League Review and Entrance & parking right up against the Oval....for only $10...great value
2000?? You are kidding aren't you?? Henson NEVER pulls a crowd of less than 9000 according to the ground announcer.
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

balmain1

Post by balmain1 » Mon 07 Sep, 2009 6:03 pm

What a great day at Henson Park. Although would have preferred a better result :cry: Hopefully we will have Schirnack, Gower and Hanbury back this week. It seems to me when Lewis fires up the team go so much better. He had a shocker on the weekend so lets hope he's on his game this weekend. Would be great to get Parata back but not holding my breath.

balmain1

Post by balmain1 » Mon 07 Sep, 2009 6:07 pm

Would be interested in Smegs report of the game..can you tell me what players were rested??

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 08 Sep, 2009 8:51 am

As far as I know Carr could have played but he has had a hamstring niggle that was better rested for the finals

Big Al could have played if needed but has had a calf strain and playe the night before.

Makaui was given a shot as he is too old for 20's next year and the coach wanted to see what he had to offer

White was benched. I would hope it was previous performance that dictated this.

I don't really have much of a match report. it was a very frustrating game from a BRET point of view. We should have locked it up and went on with it. But thats the way things go. That and Henson, whilst being a great atmosphere, is a dog of a ground to really watch football at.

fulleightyminutes

Post by fulleightyminutes » Tue 08 Sep, 2009 1:17 pm

I would have to agree. Great atmosphere but compared to Leichhardt the action is a long, long way away.