These are the games I hate...

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
Tommy Magpie

These are the games I hate...

Post by Tommy Magpie » Fri 13 May, 2011 11:58 am

Wests expected to win and win easily. Short in the betting, thrashed the same team last time, opposition has injuries.

Team becomes complacent and thinks it can go through the motions and pick up two points.

I prefer it when we are slight outsiders. I dont think we play well as favourites.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 13 May, 2011 12:03 pm

Benji mentioned the 2 thrashings at the hands of Souff's last year on the Footy Show last night...adding if we just turn up expecting to win it wont happen...

We need to be ready to play....complacency shouldn't be an issue.
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

The Shiraz Tiger

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Fri 13 May, 2011 12:22 pm

I would love to know some figures on how many times Tigers have been favourites by the bookies and the favoured team in the tipping, only for the match to end in a shambles. It's not that I believe we need the under dog tag to be motivated for the season, you most certainly do need a fair degree of confidence. As long as it's at the right level. I think that's what Sheens does best, gives them the right amount of confidence and self belief whilst keeping their feet on the ground. These are the sort of games, and also like Penrith next week, that I get a little worried about sometimes.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Fri 13 May, 2011 12:28 pm

We have too much class for Souths ....... all the press are writing about are Souths injuries ....... what about ours ........ maybe we are better at handling it than they are.

WT by 20

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 13 May, 2011 12:30 pm

This is the difference between the top sides and us . When the Saints \ Storm play sides well under them on the table they usually win and win well . That is what we should be aimimg for the next 2 weeks and build some confidence for the Saints game

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Fri 13 May, 2011 12:37 pm

all expectation is on wests-tigers to win. :roll:
this in itself causes un necessary pressure.
sometimes expectation leads to dis appointment.
fingers crossed this is not the situation with the result of this game on saturday night.
would nice to know that at 70 min mark, the game is well and truly won :pray: and no way in hell that souths could cause game to go into golden point. :wtf
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

The Shiraz Tiger

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Fri 13 May, 2011 12:50 pm

I just keep thinking of this same game last year. I recall sitting in the same seat as I will be tomorrow night, just watching the tide change. You could see it coming, and there was nothing you could do about it. I agree with Happys comments, and if we're going to rate ourselves as a one of the top sides, these are the games where you knuckle down and play well and take nothing for granted. Marshall and Farrah are not young kids anymore boucing around the place. They're now coming into a period where they should be displaying mature, sensible leadership of the team. I don't care whether it's 30 points or 2, as long as it's a good, honest, strong performance and everyone puts in. And we win of course.

barra

Post by barra » Fri 13 May, 2011 2:25 pm

Putting the Raiders to the sword was a good start, doing the same to Souths tonight with a young pack will consolidate that and if the same can be done to the Panthers the week after... well all hell will break loose against the Saints!
GO WT!!!!!

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Fri 13 May, 2011 2:44 pm

Tommy Magpie wrote:Wests expected to win and win easily. Short in the betting, thrashed the same team last time, opposition has injuries.

Team becomes complacent and thinks it can go through the motions and pick up two points.

I prefer it when we are slight outsiders. I dont think we play well as favourites.
In situations like this, you take the $3 on offer for Souths to win the match. You will feel positive about something at the end of the game regardless of the result.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 13 May, 2011 2:45 pm

This game is similar to the Titans game,

I worry....

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 13 May, 2011 2:47 pm

Spartan117 wrote:This game is similar to the Titans game,

I worry....
Why is it similar to the Titans game....please explain what you are worried about :?:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 13 May, 2011 2:51 pm

We we facing a team that we were expected to beat convincingly and well... we lost in a very bad showing.

We just seem to loose games we shouldn't more often than not.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Fri 13 May, 2011 3:14 pm

barra wrote:Putting the Raiders to the sword was a good start, doing the same to Souths tonight with a young pack will consolidate that and if the same can be done to the Panthers the week after... well all hell will break loose against the Saints!
GO WT!!!!!
Agree - best thing about the Raiders game is we kept our foot on their throats until the end.
That killer instinct is something the team has been lacking for a long time and would have more than likely won us the comp last year.
Now is the time to stand up as real contenders - put those Bunnies to the sword a la Rusty in Gladiator!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 13 May, 2011 4:29 pm

Should win and will win easy.I think you should see a steady improvement from now to the end of the season. The worm is starting to turn

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 13 May, 2011 5:25 pm

Maybe if we get a fair way ahead Sheensy could do what Gladiator did at Souths v Roosters The thumbs up thumbs down thing Would greatly annoy many Souths fans

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 13 May, 2011 5:58 pm

westTAHger wrote:all expectation is on wests-tigers to win. :roll:
this in itself causes un necessary pressure.
sometimes expectation leads to dis appointment.
fingers crossed this is not the situation with the result of this game on saturday night.
would nice to know that at 70 min mark, the game is well and truly won :pray: and no way in hell that souths could cause game to go into golden point. :wtf
ImageImage
Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 13 May, 2011 10:17 pm

This game will give an indication of where the teams attitude is, at this stage of the season. Last game was a good win if that continues again tomorrow night (not necessary a big score but a big effort) then this will be a good sign IMO, if we struggle or lose then it is an obvious setback. I wish I could feel cocky about a big WTs win but not sure which WTs team will run out tomorrow night.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 13 May, 2011 11:45 pm

We'll flog them. Expect big efforts from the three blues hopefuls.