This is why Galloway, Hino, Farrah are never taken seriously

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
Ryde tiger

This is why Galloway, Hino, Farrah are never taken seriously

Post by Ryde tiger » Sat 14 May, 2011 8:39 pm

Sorry but origin players turn up to play a bit more often than our guys. One good win (over last placed team) doesn't mean you can stand back and expect the opposition to fall at your feet. Also what was Utai doing when that try was scored in the corner? He just stood there and they literally ran a circle around him, he didn't know what was going on. Just "B" grade. Most games you caan tell if the team is on in the firt couple of defensive sets, if we can bend the back a bit or hod our own then we're on....don't think I've seen one of those tonight, hopefully the second half will improve....let me know.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:31 pm

Heighno is simply not an origin player. Guts is one thing, but if you watch the game closely and are honest he is no where near it.

Farah had a good 2nd half, they marked him heavily and made sure the markers gave him nothing. Farah in general has been inconsistant the last 18 months but I would have in origin due to a lack of a quality number 9.

Dwyer is a bit like Creagh and really only hangs in his little zone 10 metres in from touch on the right side. I wouldnt mind seeing him do a bit more work. I think he injured himself bad, he was running the ball like a fairy in the last 20, seemed to be struggling.

Galloway was alright. Gets over the advantage line, most of our forwards get driven back and dominated.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:36 pm

Galloway still deserves a spot. Farah was exceptional in the second half, and the first half performance was not entirely his fault (though he did contribute a lot of the defensive errors). Heighington was ok too I thought. Dwyer wasn't amazing though, but still not our worst. Those 4 are our Origin hopefulls and I'd say that the first three were our best three (Fifita's 5 minutes of mayhem aside).

I'd say the first half mistakes were just marker problems. So it was the whole teams fault.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:38 pm

Yeah good point they look for consistency but in saying that i dont think they reckon robbie is tough enough more like it

Ryde tiger

Post by Ryde tiger » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:42 pm

To often I see Galloway getting the ball standing still,needs to get it on the boil, Fafita seems to struggle when in the run on side and has far moreimpact from the bench, agree that Dwyer does not do enough work, all our forwards are most of the time either driven back in attack or at best half beaten in defence.
Our kicking game is dismal, how many repeat sets have we had this year? fafita did a great job to give us the opportunity to get one & we blew it. Too often Benji & Robie kick it too hard into the ingoal, where just a drop in on the boot and roll it in would give us better results and our softish defence a bit of a rest.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:44 pm

lui wasnt much better in all facets of his game

stryker

Post by stryker » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:48 pm

Imagine Big Red ran onto the ball like Woodsie does.

It really annoys me he doesnt.

Robbie had an amazing second half but the damage was done by then. Dwyer and Heighno were never really in the mix were they?

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:52 pm

Are you sure Lui played i saw a guy running round looked like him doing nothing . give miller a go

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:57 pm

Before kick-off i expected Robbie,Benji and Sauce to lead us to victory. We were disgraceful and i left at half-time which i have never done.Players with Origin mentalitys dont dish up this junk every 2nd or 3rd week.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:00 pm

They should be like robots. That way we would know what we get every week

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:12 pm

tiger jim wrote:Are you sure Lui played i saw a guy running round looked like him doing nothing . give miller a go
It's the NRL dude not backyard footy. You don't just give the young bloke a go because meh. Lui is the best option by a long way. He had a bad game but he's been magic this year so far.

hadds75

Post by hadds75 » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:22 pm

Yeah a bit hard on Lui. our record with him is pretty good. Miller is good and put some good hits on when he played and i know hes young but he didnt show anything to suggest hes better than Lui in his games.

My only concern with Lui at half, is with him , marshall and Farah we really lack a kicking game which is killing us. They are all good individual players but we really need someome in those 3 positions to have a real consistant kicking game. It makes SUCH a difference to have a good kicking game.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:26 pm

What was Farah doing with 5 to go!? It looked like he had thrown in the rag - he let the Souths player knock the ball out of his hand!

Posted using RoarFEED

Ryde tiger

Post by Ryde tiger » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:34 pm

Farah looks like hes playing injured, doesn't look very flexable in the back, stiff and when he runs it and starts off with a burrow he sort of telegraphs first these days. Out played by his opposite tonight. We were cut up the middle in D tonight. Shouldn't it behis job to rally the ruck defence?

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:37 pm

Galloway needs to run the ball straight.. run straight Gal, RUN STRAIGHT!!!!

Farah I thought was not bad tonight, better than that grub of a man called Ennis.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:05 am

Who prepared this side while Sheens and Gentle were away with rep duties? There was no cohesion in attack or defence, they looked like they had never met each other before.

27 - 0 at half-time is a bad in any circumstance, but against a depleted Souths who had a million reasons not to turn up and put in last night.... that was disgusting.

I really think some our blokes have "performance anxiety"...when it really matters that they give a good account of themselves (in the case oF farah, Galloway and Hino for SOO consideration) they go missing. They just don't deliver. Our high profile forwards were given a lesson by a bunch of no-names.

Quite often they bounce back the following week with an effort that has us all in praise of them. That has to happen next week.. But, it has to happen EVERY week and these blokes just don't seem to understand that.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:14 am

get over it boys ....we hardly ever win he ones when we are130 faves,
we are just not as good as we think we are .......we can roll along and win half our games and maybe just make the 8 , or finish around 9 th spot like we have for 9 out of 11 years ....ok is not sheens he is the mastercoach .. so it has to be the players ........none of our players deserve a crack at the highest level ...

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:20 am

Ryde tiger wrote:Farah looks like hes playing injured, doesn't look very flexable in the back, stiff and when he runs it and starts off with a burrow he sort of telegraphs first these days. Out played by his opposite tonight. We were cut up the middle in D tonight. Shouldn't it behis job to rally the ruck defence?
I really doubt he is injured or at least any worse than most players running around.

I thought the game showed where Farah is at - he played really well in patches but still came up with a some poor options. Luke is a gun and probably a better player than Farah is.

As someone else posted I'd still have Robbie in SOO run on team because he is the best option.