Moltzen at centre

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
hadds75

Moltzen at centre

Post by hadds75 » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:27 pm

This guy is not a centre and I feel bad for him hes picked there.

He didnt do anything wrong tonight, until he was dragged into touch in the 79th minute, but he just isnt big enough unfortunately to play there and doesnt seem to run the ball or hit the wholes like he should. Everytime he runs it near the touchline im more worreid he will get dragged 10 metres out (like the last play).

The guy is a ball player, a decent ball players, he needs to run across field with guys coming off him. Its nothing against him, and it would be the same if Darren Lockyer was to play centre hed probably struggle. Unfortunately if Lui and Marshall are the halves I can see no real benefit of him in the side unless hes on the bench and coming on between minutes 30 - 60 to roam around the ruck (although thats not how we like to use our utilitys. We use it in a far more educated 70+ minutes on manner)

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:30 pm

Hard to argue with any of your points. Like you said, he didnt really make any mistakes, but i cant believe he's even considered as a centre, it just isnt him.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:33 pm

I'd prefer Ryan to be starting centre and Moltzen the sub tbh. Moltzen will make more impact late game than Ryan and Ryan will be the better centre.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:45 pm

Sorry to say you are spot on , but where do you play him he adds nothing off the bench i do feel for the guy . but on LUI game tonight he did not show up at all maybe back to half or move on to another club to get a start at half because i think Miller will end up pushing Lui for half back spot

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sat 14 May, 2011 9:58 pm

If anything, he dispelled the "Moltzen is a cat" myth. He was one of the few players who tried his hardest and seemed genuinely upset throughout the first half when we were getting beat. He was always in support and always running back to chase down breaks all game. He didn't back down or let up at any stage.

He really shouldn't be playing centre though. He's got nifty footwork and what not, but at his size and frame, he's not going to beat players. Especially guys like Farrell who weigh in closer to 100kgs. I mean, he wasn't awful by any stretch, but playing him there doesn't help the team at all.

Ryde tiger

Post by Ryde tiger » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:03 pm

I am/was a bit of a Moltzen fan before he did his knee, but Lui made the most of his opportunity. I think Molts back to Bret as halfback to find his mojo. On lui like most disappointing tonight, he was targeted in defence and thsi is where Miller may take his place if he doesn't improve. When he hot his arm grabbing defence doesn't look so bad but...

Lukic

Post by Lukic » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:13 pm

Moltzen should be playing halfback for BRET. Exactly.

His best position is in the halves and him playing a centre is doing the side no favours nor Moltzen himself. He should playing halfback for BRET, if he carves up and Lui struggles, bring him and play him at halfback. He's a proven success at the position and has the best record of any halfback to play for us in recent memory there. Having him as second fiddle to halfback and constantly clipping at the heels of Lui is better for us than having him play every position possible on the field and not at the best of his ability.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sat 14 May, 2011 10:24 pm

Funny people call molzten a ball player - he never even looked like passing the ball tonight.

Posted using RoarFEED

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 15 May, 2011 7:51 am

I think Moltzen will become aware that his future lies with another club where he can consoildate one position, either 7 or 6 (to a lesser degree). Difficult to be cheerful the morning after a shocking performance like that agains Souths, but the centre position is killing us without Lawrence.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:04 am

is this post a dejavu ?...every man and his dog knows moltzen inside and out ... except the man who continues to play him out of position week in week out .....
yawn ....its getting very boring the timmy moltzen topic ....not much more can be said

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:13 am

He is no chance at Left Centre... He is a natural ball-player, with a good right to left passing game and has a handy right foot step. He should be switched with Ayshford and I think you will see a vast improvement...

But on the Left Side Attack, we have been playing that side of the ruck fairly flat and need a whole running Centre punching through. Once Ellis returns, I think that side will be stronger.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 15 May, 2011 1:05 pm

sheens is stubborn. moltzen will be named at centre next week.

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Sun 15 May, 2011 3:54 pm

What good is a centre that doesn't pass to his winger?

Brown may as well have a cup of tea when we have the ball.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 15 May, 2011 4:26 pm

didnt he last night???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 15 May, 2011 4:35 pm

Sataris wrote:What good is a centre that doesn't pass to his winger?

Brown may as well have a cup of tea when we have the ball.
I think the same happened on the other side of the field as well can't remember Utai getting much off Ayshford either however that probably had more to do with the defence.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 15 May, 2011 4:42 pm

I would like it if we offered paul whatuira a second tier contract to come out of retirement and let moltzen play state cup with beau and once they learn how to catch and pass they could be considered again
Number 1 souffs hater

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 15 May, 2011 5:27 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:I would like it if we offered paul whatuira a second tier contract to come out of retirement and let moltzen play state cup with beau and once they learn how to catch and pass they could be considered again
great idea.....and why not bring back crackers,,, maybe junior....or anyone else who has worn our jersey

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 15 May, 2011 6:03 pm

tiger tigers wrote:is this post a dejavu ?...every man and his dog knows moltzen inside and out ... except the man who continues to play him out of position week in week out .....
yawn ....its getting very boring the timmy moltzen topic ....not much more can be said
So, where if he is to play in the first grade squad, where would he play? Lui is the best option the club has as half-back and will prove to be a star for us. Moltzen, on th other hand???